Sneaker Store Associates are the worst VOL " You talking bout dem red white jordans?"

Originally Posted by Wade187

Originally Posted by zapatohead408

Originally Posted by Wade187

Filling the hole on the wall isn't possible if the shoe doesn't sell. The longer that specific shoe doesn't sell, the longer it sits out their and the more discolored it becomes. Not every shoe that comes out sells out instantly, some take months, and some never sell out period. 
most shoes do sell, believe it or not, from the And 1's to ugly JB stuff you guys wouldn't buy. Remember, the majority of people walking through the door aren't shoe heads like ya'll. "Ugly" retros, running shoes sell. If not at full price than at a sale price. The only thing that not even god could help sell is the JB shirts, but 6th grade kids like those too.

If theres a shoe that has defects or problems than yes we eill give a dico, but only when its very noticeable. The other day some dude asked for some all white Air Max 90's that we had in the back for a very long time (Box was still orange) they were yellowed on the plastic heel tab and the plastic by the laces. gave em the dico and he bought some ring leader lows and an Airr insole
pimp.gif
I know most shoes sell, I'm saying aside from the real popular ones a lot don't sell instantly. In the stores around here they sell them at regular price for a couple months if they move slow, they bring down the price, and if they still aint moving fast enough they put them on clearance where they'll usually sell out by then. But in the meantime if they are not selling, that display is sitting there, due to the lights white shoes get discolored after a few weeks of sitting out there is what I've noticed. The slower a pair sells the less likely you sell the display model, cause as dude who was rambling nonsense said, if their is a pair in the back you sell that first, so this all just leaves the display sitting out longer. 
In all honesty man, we move most of our stuff very quick. As for the defects happening from being out there, I must not have noticed them much. will the midsole on the free runs have a dirty spot or two? yea. Will I clean it with our sofsole cleaner and possibly get them to buy the cleaner too, hell yea.

Originally Posted by bence23

Female shoe store employees are the WORST. Especially the ones at HOH. Like how do you know NOTHING about the biggest release of the year. smh
that ONE big release of the year will only make us a decimal of what nike running will make in half a year.

Female shoe store employees are the WORST.

sick.gif
Lawd hammercy G-Zus. If they're managers then for the most part they're good money,but other than that...
30t6p3b.gif

this is why u always walk into the store with a picture of the shoe im looking for.

Originally Posted by GatorBeltsNPattieMelts

Female shoe store employees are the WORST. Especially the ones at HOH. Like how do you know NOTHING about the biggest release of the year. smh
THIS... and I'm a female. Anytime I call and it's a chick I IMMEDIATELY ask to speak to a manager.... Heck, anytime I call regardless I ask to speak to a manager. 
laugh.gif
 Likewise.  And I work for FTL Inc (Not on the sales floor).  Can we really blame them though?  Most of them are hired for looks moreso than sneaker acumen.
FYI NT, most employees aren't sneakerheads and could care less about the discount perks etc.  I work with tons of those types and they really hate the job. 
laugh.gif

Also, I think major sneaker retailers should drug test.  

I used to be deep in the shoe game... checking release dates and everything.

Now, I don't give any dambs about it.

1. Jordan brand puts out shoes entirely too fast. Every other week someone is calling my store asking what sizes are we getting in a certain shoe.

2. It makes some customers look kinda lame. Beasting over having the new kicks, and studying release dates. You're going to clown me cuz I don't sit on the internet all day and study release dates?

OK.

I used to be that young dumb naive person. Not anymore.

I cop cuz I like it. Not cuz being a "shoehead" is the new thing, which makes up fifty percent of the customers.

Originally Posted by ricky409

1. Jordan brand puts out shoes entirely too fast. Every other week someone is calling my store asking what sizes are we getting in a certain shoe.

2. It makes some customers look kinda lame. Beasting over having the new kicks, and studying release dates. You're going to clown me cuz I don't sit on the internet all day and study release dates?

OK.

I cop cuz I like it. Not cuz being a "shoehead" is the new thing, which makes up fifty percent of the customers.
Do your job. Know your product. You don't have to study the internet all day to keep up with Jordan's or release dates.

I'll tell you we have it even if we don't

A: for my entertainment
B: to try to sell you something else

As far as knowing your product. Most of the sales from chain stores have nothing to do with Jordans, Griffey's, Pennys ect. Now if you call about some Air Monarchs then we can talk

Originally Posted by Crazy EBW

OK.

Do your job. Know your product. You don't have to study the internet all day to keep up with Jordan's or release dates.
my job is to not study message boards and sneaker sites...
how else will you find out about release dates and if you're going to get them or not? shoes dont get shipped to our store till the wednesday before they come out.

you sneaker-dweebs are miffed cuz employees dont invest as much into it as you do.

Originally Posted by BOMB SQUAD RECORDS

You guys need to stop having the i know more then you attitude when dealing with people who work at sneaker spots. I know a lot of these cats do their best when it comes to product knowledge. You have to remember it's just a job for most people. Don't expect someone who works at footlocker to surf NT all day just because they sell shoes. Just get what you came for and bounce. No need to try and drop info on em bout release dates or any other useless crap. Nobody cares how much you know about J's.

It's damn near impossible to find out if a store is getting some Lebrons here.

It should be mandatory that you know sneaker release dates and nicknames when you apply for a store.

OK.

how else will you find out about release dates and if you're going to get them or not? shoes dont get shipped to our store till the wednesday before they come out.

you sneaker-dweebs are miffed cuz employees dont invest as much into it as you do.
YOU DON'T HAVE TO STUDY MESSAGE BOARDS OR SNEAKER SITES.

You should know what's in your store. Get it Wednesday? Ok, good. You now have it a few days before something drops. It's EASY to know your product in your store if you care about your job and pay attention. Is that not what you're suppose to do? Or are you just too caught up in the fact that you make minimum wage and are angry about it and decided you shouldn't care?

You should know what's in your store. Get it Wednesday? Ok, good. You now have it a few days before something drops. It's EASY to know your product in your store if you care about your job and pay attention. Is that not what you're suppose to do? Or are you just too caught up in the fact that you make minimum wage and are angry about it and decided you shouldn't care?
I worked at a shoe store for 3 years, made way more than minimum wage, and I have been an NT'er since 04.  All those things considered, i still wouldnt know about what shoes were coming out until the day the UPS guy dropped the stuff off, I wouldnt know the nicknames ect.  Working at a shoe store RUINS sneakers for you, especially the more "popular" ones.  If you wanna know about some Jordans or something, bring your *!! to the store.  Im not gonna be taking 15 calls a day about some shoes that Im going to sell regardless.  If you want to talk about some GR old man walking shoes, then we might have something to talk about

Originally Posted by LimitedRetroOG

<----- Sales associate at Finish Line.
Customers are just as bad.
*brings a customer the last shoe*
*customer tries it on*
Customer: Alright, I'll buy it.
Me: Cool. *grabs them the display shoe*
Customer: Oh, I gotta buy the display shoe?
Me: Yes, it's the last one.
Customer: Do I get a discount?
Me: Um, no...???
Customer: But a buncha people have touched it!

Me: You can always stock locate..
Customer: What's that?
Me: You pay right now. And have the shoe ship to your house..
Me:
images

(knowing damn well..they're going to buy the display shoe)

Obviously knowing nicknames etc isn't something all employees should know but when dudes are complaining about the small stuff it's just being annoying. If you don't know what shoes your store has coming in then just relay that to the customer. Y'all make it seem like selling shoes is heart surgery or something.

If you don't want to deal with that type of demographic then you shouldn't be doing that type of job.

Originally Posted by solarius49

I worked at a shoe store for 3 years, made way more than minimum wage, and I have been an NT'er since 04.  All those things considered, i still wouldnt know about what shoes were coming out until the day the UPS guy dropped the stuff off, I wouldnt know the nicknames ect.  Working at a shoe store RUINS sneakers for you, especially the more "popular" ones.  If you wanna know about some Jordans or something, bring your *!! to the store.  Im not gonna be taking 15 calls a day about some shoes that Im going to sell regardless.  If you want to talk about some GR old man walking shoes, then we might have something to talk about
tired.gif
tired.gif

so much truth...

but yes... you have to study these websites to know about release dates...

stop calling and asking for shoes 3 months in advance.

NO... WE DONT KNOW HOW MANY WE'RE GETTING, OR IF WE'RE GETTING THEM AT ALL...

and 
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
 @ the general NT response is everyone that sells shoes "makes minimum wage and is mad"

if you only knew the side money i was making as a damb 19 year old of you dumb fools on F&Fs and employee appreciations...

roll.gif

it's a two way street. for as slow as some employees can be, customers can be just as bad if not worse.

when working retail a good 50% of the questions employees get asked are stupid questions. it's idiot customers and idiot employees and when the two mix it's a bad look.

Yeah sneaker store workers can be pretty bad, but I've never been in a Lids where I didn't want to just piss on the floor.

OK.

How the hell is it studying to just take a few seconds to read a sneaker website to find out when your favorite sneaker is coming out? So I guess women be studying the sales paper to find out when chicken breast is gonna be on sale at safeway?

Your sounding mad sour right now.

Originally Posted by solarius49

Its YOUR JOB TO SELL THE PRODUCTS OR THE COMPANY YOU WORK FOR. IF SOMEBODY WANTS TO CALL 300 TIMES, YOU GET PAID TO ANSWER THOSE QUESTIONS. THATS WHAT YOU GET PAID FOR. Nobody is disrespecting you, people just want to buy some sneakers. IF I call to see if you got a shoe, it shouldnt be a problem.  You should know when your stock comes  and have an idea what is on your truck.

Originally Posted by PLVN

Yeah sneaker store workers can be pretty bad, but I've never been in a Lids where I didn't want to just piss on the floor.
i used to manage a Lids and i share the same sentiment
laugh.gif

employees at other stores were incompetent, a good chunk of the customers were dumb,   "yall got the P hat"  "yall got the A hat"  is if the hats weren't baseball team hats,   "do you guys sell hats"    "how much are your hats" 

so glad i realized how much of a joke working retail was at an early age and left that company and got 99 weeks of funemployment while going to school
pimp.gif

Back
Top Bottom