So 50 ISNT GONNA GET ANY BLAME FOR FREEWAY PROMOTION

Well Freeway IS signed to Roc A Fella/Def Jam and not G Unit/Interscope . . . So how much blame could he honestly get?? If any . . .

Originally Posted by Starvin Harlem

Well Freeway IS signed to Roc A Fella/Def Jam and not G Unit/Interscope . . . So how much blame could he honestly get?? If any . . .
I guess that basically sums it up. So Jay should be getting blamed for this too....

i dont think anyone is to blame but the label...sure Jay has alot of say, but he isnt in charge of peoples budget and promotion....hell if you look atAG...what promotion did he have? Blue Magic got few spins on the radio, I have yet to see the video on MTV or BET for that matter...he had almost no promotionhimself for his own album...only promotion he got was cross promotion with the movie. But how many rap albums on large labels get great promotion nowadays?

Wait I dont understand why would you blame Curtis for a Rocafella artist? Is this a joke cuz last I checked Curtis ended Murder Inc not da ROC

laugh.gif
its funny that freeway is one of the choosen ones that stillremained on roc a fella..and gets
8fyrksi.gif
on so bad

Jay should,he's not making the right decisions.Putting out an album around the same time one of your artist is dropping?

^he wasnt gonna sell anyway...and they joints is a month apart... u talkin like freeway is this multi platinum artist who got shafted... freeway wasnt meant tosell...

some artists just make good music... others make %%%$ that sells... thats just how it is...

Jay-Z doesn't need promo, the promo is his name itself all the public needs is the word that his album is coming out and he's good for the most part.Freeway deserved a PROPER video if Sigel got one.

Originally Posted by ImmaGetMine

ummm 50 co executive produced the album....its been known that it was a joint venture

50 didnt get a co-exec production credit. at least not on my copy. someone at def jam needs to be
indifferent.gif
for not promoting this album

its out already? lol...i thought it dropped on the 4th...

ok then jay's a bad president but who cares? american gangster is crack and so is freeway's album... why are we worried about sales? see what 50 hasdone to us?

^ yo, that's real talk.

album sales do not make an album good.

sure, Freeway deserves some shine but dude doesn't have mass appeal.

if you want Freeway to sell records - act like a fan and support the record to the fullest. buy the record, promote to your friends, call the radio, vote forit on mtv and bet. be a fanatic if you want freeway to shine so badly.

its out already? lol...i thought it dropped on the 4th...

ok then jay's a bad president but who cares? american gangster is crack and so is freeway's album... why are we worried about sales? see what 50 has done to us?

We should be worried about sales to a certain extent, because the man with the biggest mic holds more responsibility because he becomes the face of hip hop. . . Thats why 50 gets blamed for all the sales talks, because of all the rappers obsessed with sales way more then they need to be 50 has the loudest mic,but in reality everyone on a major label wants to push major units . . . Hip Hop lost touch with its orginal crowd, I mean in the mid 90s the most hardcore ofrap was gettin gold plaques, Smiff & Wessun, Mobb Deep, Black Moon, MC Eiht, the Mack 10s of the world . . . So where did all those people go?? Hip hopneeds to figuire a way to get them back to the record stores . . . I'm one of them, I used to be in the record store damn near every Tuesday buying %%%+ .. . I haven't hit up the record store on back to back Tuesday's in ages

thats what im sayin... they shouldnt care... labels be expecting MJ numbers outta rappers and #+%!... rappers shouldnt have to worry about making a hotsingle... they should worry about making a hot album... but the labels wont let em... thats y joey bounced...

and lik jha jha said in that interview... if u on a major u aint makin %*!$ of album sales anyway... they prolly aint give him no video cuz they knew it wouldjust put him further in the red... not like a video for big spender or whatever the hell its called woulda made him sell anymore units... they woulda beenbetter off wit just commercials or some flyers/posters... freeway dont even got a street team... i be seein prince posters and all types of %*!$ around this!!+%!... only time i even heard about somebody screamin free at last was this dopehead who did 24 hours...

Yea I feel you . . . Me and my supervisor at work (what the hell??) were talkin about that . . . Basically in the past almost 8 years, in hip hop EVERY hit hasbeen something you can dance too, but when we was coming up "C.R.EA.M." was a hit, "Shook Ones" was a hit "Bucktown" was a hit,"Today Was A Good Day" was a hit, "Dear Momma" . . . You can't dance to them%%*%%*, you can't play those at the club, but they werestill huge songs in the street and the tube . . . Hip hop has just scratched the streets out of there marketing schemes, and now they've skipped the partof making songs to dance to, they just went all out and made songs are ARE dances now . . . Its disgusting out there.

Philadelphia Freeway would have sold more if it was not released on the same day as GRODT......He might be a more recognized artist today but 50 had EVERYTHINGon lock!

Originally Posted by Mr J Himself 23

i dont think anyone is to blame but the label...sure Jay has alot of say, but he isnt in charge of peoples budget and promotion....hell if you look at AG...what promotion did he have? Blue Magic got few spins on the radio, I have yet to see the video on MTV or BET for that matter...he had almost no promotion himself for his own album...only promotion he got was cross promotion with the movie. But how many rap albums on large labels get great promotion nowadays?

Agreed...glad to see some else who actually gets it.

^he wasnt gonna sell anyway...and they joints is a month apart... u talkin like freeway is this multi platinum artist who got shafted... freeway wasnt meant to sell...

some artists just make good music... others make %%%$ that sells... thats just how it is...
See this is what I dont understand I know he wasnt gonna sell, you know he wasnt gonna sell, so why not drop him?

Back
Top Bottom