So 50 ISNT GONNA GET ANY BLAME FOR FREEWAY PROMOTION

Originally Posted by xBuddha Blessx

See this is what I dont understand I know he wasnt gonna sell, you know he wasnt gonna sell, so why not drop him?

I think that Jay wouldnt let that happen because its his lil homie...look at bleek...blee will NEVER sell less then freeway and he wouldnt get dropped ifyou told Jay beyonce was gettin trained by G Unit and it was his last option to save her lol

Freeway is a Roc-A-Fella artist, not a G-Unit soldier.

So Jay should get blamed for Banks brickin'... I don't think so.

N...s be more worried about whose to blame for an album not being promoted than the actual content of the album.

These same lames that complain about an album not being promoted are the same ones you WON'T see in the store purchasing the album yet they know full wellthe album is availabe for purchase-- i find that rather hilarious

So wait Curtis willingly offered to executive produce Freeway's album? I kno Im late but they cool like that? I dont know where dudes sales are at butif he does as good as any of the previous G-Unit solo albums(excludng "Curtis") then thats the most Curtis could do, I wouldnt say blame cuz its winwin for him he makin money off this venture even if he sabotaged it

smokin.gif

Originally Posted by BenFranklinAve

N...s be more worried about whose to blame for an album not being promoted than the actual content of the album.

These same lames that complain about an album not being promoted are the same ones you WON'T see in the store purchasing the album yet they know full well the album is availabe for purchase-- i find that rather hilarious

True Story.

Originally Posted by Starvin Harlem

Well Freeway IS signed to Roc A Fella/Def Jam and not G Unit/Interscope . . . So how much blame could he honestly get?? If any . . .

exactly.

im not saying 50 would have done wonders for the album but he would have done better than Jay.

hell if you look at AG...what promotion did he have?
Jay dont need any promo.Son comes out with AG and cats acting like he Frank Lucas. Even Kingdom dropped out of the sky with barely any promo.Honestly besides from Kanye no roc. Artist gets love. Jay doesn't do a good job for any of them dudes. Kanye in my opinion got through with his owntalent(Producing and his Marketable Persona). On the other note I don't think Freeway could sell under any label or producer. Thats i don't care forsells, just cop the album if you really like the artist.

Even Kingdom dropped out of the sky with barely any promo

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

you serious? dude was all over beer commercials
monday night football was playing his singles every commercial break

etc.. etc....

had one of the biggest budget a hip hop artist has ever had

^ wrong. Budweiser, etc. PAID Jay to do those commercials. he got paid to promote his own album. that #%$@ was not coming out of Def Jam's budget.

Hip Hop lost touch with its orginal crowd, I mean in the mid 90s the most hardcore of rap was gettin gold plaques, Smiff & Wessun, Mobb Deep, Black Moon, MC Eiht, the Mack 10s of the world . . . So where did all those people go??
i get where you're going, but Smiff N Wessun, Black Moon and a lot of other artists did not sellgold. look up classic hip-hop album sales and the majority of them did NOT sell well. good hip-hop has been getting overlooked by the general public forever mydude, that's not a new concept. it's not just confined to hip-hop either, you can apply that to ANY genre of music.

Back
Top Bottom