So are F's D's C's really bad in college?

1. F the economy and the job outlook. It is really really rough out there right now. This lets HR people be picky and put more weight on transcripts. A fewyears ago, an engineer who graduated in 4 years could get a job no problem. Now? Ha!

2. F's...terrible...you're going to have to take the class over. D's? Ehhh, they mess your GPA up but it's up to you if you want to take itover (my school gives credit for D's as long as it isn't a major class).

3. Trends are important. If the F/D is in freshman year it's not as bad as if it's in senior year.

Originally Posted by HighRep87

Originally Posted by secretzofwar

yes, a C is awful, anything less than a B is unacceptable.
grin.gif
he's right, a lot of schools accept up to a C in core classes, but your degree course have to be B or better no B-

Originally Posted by Kicktionair

Originally Posted by JohnnyRedStorm

The @++* kind of question is this? You're supposed to withdraw/drop/apply for pass fail when you know you %$#@!* up in a class.
BUT

What if it was your first time in college and you didn't know how things were.

My question is

Can I make it up or what?
nerd.gif
if you're in your first/second semester, one or two bad grades won't kill you. if and when you apply to grad schools, they like to see anupward trend. as long as you have a reasonable explanation for the grade (i.e. i was just starting college, didn't know how to manage my time--partyinginstead of going to class and doing my work...but then i got my act together and gradually did better each year OR death in the family, etc.) you should beok...try to minimize the amount of Cs, Ds, Fs, but one or two won't ruin your entire future.

-waystinthyme

Back
Top Bottom