So does anyone NOT think Jordan is the GOAT??

It seems like when everyone talks about the goat in the nba they pretty much always say Jordan...I've heard other names but everytime I hear someone say aname other than Jordan..they are at least 30+ years old.... I heard a lot of younger people say that but I don't think some of them probably evenremembering watching jordan until he cameback from retirement the first time...and imo he was better in his first 3 peat than his 2nd...but that doesn'tmatter cuz he was still great in either one...So I think they just say it is not cuz they really think so but more becuz its just status quo to say he is...butmy question is..does anyone here think someone other than Jordan is the greatest to ever put on a pair of sneakers?

and imo the only other players than even even be considered other than jordan is magic, wilt, kareem, or kobe...(syke lol)....and shaq..but thats just myopinion...

this is a sneakerboard. everyone LOVES his shoes. so of course he is going to be the GOAT to these people

Of course. Mike's my favorite player ever like most, but it's not a stretch to say there is someone else who is GOAT. Many people will tell you Kareemwas the most unstoppable player in history (look what he did on every level he played on).

Others will say Wilt's stats alone warrant the nod. And you also would have to say Russell is in the equation with his rings.

Mike's greatness is partly to do with the way he was marketed, his name now just instantly flows out of our mouths. That' not to say he doesnt deserveGOAT talk though obviously.

We just don't really know THE answer....but we can argue it.

if you go to la i'm sure you'll find people who say magic is the best.

it's all subjective. unless you say everybody play, how would you know? did you see wilt, or russell? not too many of us did, so all we can do is talkabout what we did see. a good majority of us saw mike play. a good majority of us think he's the best.

me, i'm new school, so i can only speak on what i have seen, and continue to see.

smh.gif

no one was on Jordan's level in his prime in the league, period. to me greatness is measured how you compared against the peers in your era. if you saywilt then others will say what about russell? if you say magic, then other say will say bird. if you say kobe, then others will say lebron. if you say Jordan,then the discussion stops.

Well if I were to pick one player to start my franchise, it would be Shaq. His accomplishments aren't the greatest of all time, but he is the most dominateforce in the history of basketball.

I'm pretty sure 95% of the people on this board agree than MJ is the GOAT.
Most people on here weren't old enough to witness someone like wilt or russell play the game

Originally Posted by Mw2889

Well if I were to pick one player to start my franchise, it would be Shaq. His accomplishments aren't the greatest of all time, but he is the most dominate force in the history of basketball.

I agree completely..To me Shaq's domination is almost on par with Wilt...when you compare the competition Wilt was up against and the competition shaqwas up against....I just realized I forgot to add him..

and I dont get wats up wit the stonefaces and all that...if u don't think there can be any kind of discussion that jordan is the greatest thatsignorance...

for now jordan is the goat but kobe is close and lebron will be close(once he gets some bling bling on those fingers)

Well if I were to pick one player to start my franchise, it would be Shaq. His accomplishments aren't the greatest of all time, but he is the most dominate force in the history of basketball.
6 titles=MJ
4 titles=Shaq

There is no valid reason that anyone can give for saying anyone other than MJ is the greatest... I actually rooted against him for most of his career, i justacknowledge his greatness.

Edit... I may have gone overboard
laugh.gif
... but i really believe this is theone sport where it should be unanimous

Originally Posted by Zeus23

Na, Kobe Bryant is the REAL G.O.A.T and we all know it

Jordan G.O.A.T
Everything Kobe does reflects Jordan's game. Many people like Kobe because he is the closet thing to Jordan, but Kobe WILL never better then him.

for now jordan is the goat but kobe is close and lebron will be close(once he gets some bling bling on those fingers)
Kobe is not "close". Magic is close, Bird is close, Kareem is close, Russell is close.

BTW in Kareem's case, his resume is absurd...

In high school in New York his team won 72 consecutive games.

In college he played 3 seasons, winning 3 NCAA titles and 3 tournament MVPs.

In the NBA he won 6 NBA titles along with 6 MVPs, was named to the 1st or 2nd team All NBA team 15 times, All NBA defense 11 times, and is the NBA'sall-time scoring leader.

Kareem, Jordan, their both pretty great cant really tell you who the greatest is bc i beleive

the greatest is yet to come

Minus the physical skills......MJ was on another level mentally....his desire was unmatched by anyone... ....but in all honesty, different people have theirown opinions of "GOAT"....My opinion is MJ is the GOAT, but I can see a legitimate case for guys like Magic, Bird, Kareem, etc.......but
laugh.gif
atthese dudes comparing Kobe to Mike.......I'd like to know what makes people think Kobe is better or even MJ's equal?

For arguments sake, I'll go with Magic. A legit 6'9" point guard. When he was in his prime, he was unstoppable. And, he had the ball in his handsmore than MJ, so he could control every possession.

Back
Top Bottom