So how long do we have before White ppl officially take over Rap??

Its pretty clear thats the direction we're headed into. Everytime a new rap song I always see a white girl with an acoustic version on worldstar 2 days later. Love Sosa?? Seriously? We seen this before with Rock & Roll right? RIP Jimi Hendrix. What up Chuck Berry.

I cant be the only one seeing the changes going down right in front of our eyes. White ppl already control rap, they are the top consumers and they manage it. Black ppl when was the last time you bought an album? The mp3 era was like the crack era to rap. It killed it. We stopped supporting the culture. In turn, we stopped controlling what we saw. White ppl control who we see on tv, who gets pushed out to the public. The images. The skinny jeans. The kilts. This form of music we're left with...because this isnt rap. This music doesnt move me the way the songs from the 90's and 00's did.

Naw...da hood still controls da mixtape scene and its not even close.

If you dont earn your keep there you can forget about it.

Never. They can have commercial rap. It's all trash anyway. But they'll never have real rap. So I could care less.

the title and your post don't really go hand in hand... the title lead me to believe that you

think white rappers are gonna take over the game..

what exactly do you think they're gonna take over?.. because as far as i know the market is already theirs, as in they buy the most albums.

I think hip-hop is actually headed back to the streets. It reached its commercial peak back in the late 90's and is now more raw and truthful than ever. A song like Kanye's "Gorgeous" is all the proof you need. There has always been terrible music in every era of rap, white and black. Hip-Hop is no longer "ours" as it's truly a global phenomenon but I think we'l always be the true cultural innovator and dictate trends that will be emulated and maybe even improved upon.

As far as your argument about whites owning hip-hop, on paper they do with owning all of the labels and most rappers publishing. Artists are slowly becoming more business savvy and going their own route. I was just talking about how labels are a thing of the past and not really needed to succeed nowadays. I think they have quite the opposite effect hence hip-hop coming back to the streets.

I think things like this have always gone on, we just never noticed until the advent of youtube/twitter/fb making all of us so easily connected. Good and bad depending on your views. Personally an acoustic version of an already terrible song doesn't bother me in the least. On the other side of the coin, you have to think about what hip-hop sounds like to the average white person. A bunch of boasts and taunts over "uninspired re-looping of already created songs". It's all subjective man. It's 2013, you truly have the power to listen to only what you like and ignore everything else.

Peace.

Op don't front ***** u was banging asher roth a couple summers ago I remember

White people have run commercial rap since rap went commercial, what are you really saying?

But commercial rap is more or less irrelevant to 90% of us.

Last edited:
White ppl control who we see on tv, who gets pushed out to the public. The images. The skinny jeans. The kilts.
lolwut. white people are telling Ye to wear kilts & Trinidad James to wear skinnys? you lost me there.

but like what everyone else, who gives a **** about commercialized music of any genre. no suit is gonna tell me whats good music.

Right, the mixtape scene. The free music. The scene that can be shut down still at anytime by the suits, I know yall remember what happened with Gucci old mixtapes right?

As far as white rappers taking over the game, I see it happening eventually. As of now, its very hard to push a white rapper. Eminem has been 1 in a billion. He has been the only successful one so far and it will take alot more,than him.

All you have to do is look at the spotlight white rappers have been getting through the years. One such example is the XXL Freshmen list every year.

Macklemore
MGK
Iggy Azalea

Mac Miller
Yelawolf

None but Kreayshawn was HUGE
Asher Roth

I'm not saying that those rappers aren't any good or that they didn't have an impact but for them to be singled out and identified as being more whatever than the literally THOUSANDS of capable black rappers out there shows you that there's definitively an agenda to push them.

All you have to do is look at the spotlight white rappers have been getting through the years. One such example is the XXL Freshmen list every year.

Macklemore
MGK
Iggy Azalea

Mac Miller
Yelawolf

Asher Roth

I'm not saying that those rappers aren't any good or that they didn't have an impact but for them to be singled out and identified as being more whatever than the literally THOUSANDS of capable black rappers out there shows you that there's definitively an agenda to push them.

:rofl: :rofl: and where's that ***** now? Buried under a bridge in Oakland.

To answer OP, Rap/Hip Hop, while still young, is 30+ years old, and throughout that entire time, Eminem is the only one that really shot to the moon, and Mac Miller to a far lesser extent even with his success. So if in 30 years you practically have 1 white rapper who really made it, there's nothing that gives the notion there would be some type of takeover.

Last edited:
HOnestly, I don't know a ton of people who really ever supported Mainstream hip-hop. I know back in the days the only way you got a real mainstream was the BMG 12 for a penny deal. Other than than you bought the mainstream artist's single or dubbed your friend's tape or played some local or regional artist's music. 

Right, the mixtape scene. The free music. The scene that can be shut down still at anytime by the suits, I know yall remember what happened with Gucci old mixtapes right?

what happened to guccis old tapes?

anyone care to share? :nerd:

Macklemore
MGK
Iggy Azalea

Mac Miller
Yelawolf

Asher Roth

roll.gif

yea its hella obvious they want to push somebody thats white an weird to the top

Macklemore
MGK
Iggy Azalea

Mac Miller
Yelawolf

Asher Roth

This. Those rappers are not any good they are all wack. but it doesn't change the fact that they are white doing black music so if they can rhyme cat with hat they will get a deal and hella attention. kinda like how danica patrick never been anything special in racing but u always hear about her bcuz shes the only woman doin it. it is what it is

As far as white rappers taking over the game, I see it happening eventually. As of now, its very hard to push a white rapper. Eminem has been 1 in a billion. He has been the only successful one so far and it will take alot more,than him.
yea mixtape game about to be gone...all these ppl suin over samples.... its a wrap

Rap will always be "black," its just that they will behave asymptotically to whiteness i.e. mainstream and commercialization, like jay-z and beyonce.

Last edited:
dog....datpiff and livemixtapes are digital urban stalwarts.

white america avoiding that site like da plague.

Huh? White ppl are very hip to DatPiff, what alternate reality are you living in? You think these rappers are getting all those downloads only from black folk? :lol:

And how are y'all just gonna ignore that Drake is one of the biggest rappers in the game right now, and he's white.

*Sarcasm...but not really tho*

dog....datpiff and livemixtapes are digital urban stalwarts.

white america avoiding that site like da plague.
Huh? White ppl are very hip to DatPiff, what alternate reality are you living in? You think these rappers are getting all those downloads only from black folk?
laugh.gif

And how are y'all just gonna ignore that Drake is one of the biggest rappers in the game right now, and he's white.

*Sarcasm...but not really tho*
Hoodie Allen is on the hot this week list... says it all

Back
Top Bottom