So how soon until Jeremy Lin is out the L

Originally Posted by Bean Pie Slanga

Ouch, he looks terrible. Can't even keep up with Steve Blake.
Yea, as mentioned - Not too good so far. I'm assuming he still has jitters, hopefully he'll lose it by the start of the season.

Should've just took the shot, but ball just slipped out
30t6p3b.gif

Originally Posted by Bean Pie Slanga

Ouch, he looks terrible. Can't even keep up with Steve Blake.
Yea, as mentioned - Not too good so far. I'm assuming he still has jitters, hopefully he'll lose it by the start of the season.

Should've just took the shot, but ball just slipped out
30t6p3b.gif

He needs time to develop, people seem to forget he's an undrafted rookie...he obviously needs to put in work and it'll take time.

He needs time to develop, people seem to forget he's an undrafted rookie...he obviously needs to put in work and it'll take time.

Originally Posted by dland24

Lets not forget he made John Wall look like a middle schooler in the summer league.
wink.gif
In the year 2030, stories would tell that Lin gave Wall 40. Watch.
roll.gif

Originally Posted by dland24

Lets not forget he made John Wall look like a middle schooler in the summer league.
wink.gif
In the year 2030, stories would tell that Lin gave Wall 40. Watch.
roll.gif

Give him some slack. He need to build some confident. Being Asian and playing against 6'8 dudes on a nightly basis is not an easy task

Give him some slack. He need to build some confident. Being Asian and playing against 6'8 dudes on a nightly basis is not an easy task

There's a difference between bad and just not being good enough for the nba. Guys like sundiatta gaines, john lucas the 3rd, and coby karl are not bad players. J lin is gunna stick around for at least the 1st season but it won't be a knock on him if he gets cut beyond that.

There's a difference between bad and just not being good enough for the nba. Guys like sundiatta gaines, john lucas the 3rd, and coby karl are not bad players. J lin is gunna stick around for at least the 1st season but it won't be a knock on him if he gets cut beyond that.

I don't think anybody is saying he's a horrible player. I'm pretty sure everybody knows that he is better than everybody is this thread. In terms of talent in the NBA? He's bad.

I don't think anybody is saying he's a horrible player. I'm pretty sure everybody knows that he is better than everybody is this thread. In terms of talent in the NBA? He's bad.

Originally Posted by westcoastsfinest

Originally Posted by OneTrust

Maybe because many Filipino people think they are "Pacific-Islanders" and NOT "Asians."
laugh.gif
indifferent.gif

let me ask you something. do you consider afghans as asians?

no didnt think so. yes theyre in the continent of asia but they fall in the category of middle eastern. same thing with the filipinos. the country may be in asia but theyre pacific islanders.

just my 2 cents.

im filipino/italian btw.

If you ask Filipinos that live in the Philippines, most of those people are going to say they are Asian.  Filipinos that are born and live in the Philippines consider themselves Asian.  This "Pacific Islander" stuff was created Filipino-Americans, Asian-Americans looking for a sense of identity. 

As far as Jeremy Lin is concerned, he probably stays on the team and on the injured list for the whole year.  He sells tickets and is a big deal to the Asian-American community here on the West Coast.  Second year is where he has to finally show something or he gets cut.

Originally Posted by westcoastsfinest

Originally Posted by OneTrust

Maybe because many Filipino people think they are "Pacific-Islanders" and NOT "Asians."
laugh.gif
indifferent.gif

let me ask you something. do you consider afghans as asians?

no didnt think so. yes theyre in the continent of asia but they fall in the category of middle eastern. same thing with the filipinos. the country may be in asia but theyre pacific islanders.

just my 2 cents.

im filipino/italian btw.

If you ask Filipinos that live in the Philippines, most of those people are going to say they are Asian.  Filipinos that are born and live in the Philippines consider themselves Asian.  This "Pacific Islander" stuff was created Filipino-Americans, Asian-Americans looking for a sense of identity. 

As far as Jeremy Lin is concerned, he probably stays on the team and on the injured list for the whole year.  He sells tickets and is a big deal to the Asian-American community here on the West Coast.  Second year is where he has to finally show something or he gets cut.

Exactly, that sums it up well. He's a developmental undrafted point guard, and for the Warriors it really is a win-win, he sells tickets and jerseys, and they can develop him a little and see if he can become good enough to stick around. If not, no harm no foul, he gets cut.

Back
Top Bottom