So I finally gave Lupe a chance...

goldnboi7

Banned
Honest 2 Aikman I tried 2 like it...but I really cant rock with him...I gave his album and some otha assorted works some spins just off the recommendationsthat dudes be givin. I remember listenin 2 "Dumb it Down" back in the day, wondered what the $(&% he was talkin bout, stopped listening at theword "unicorn", and said I was gon ignore dude's works...but recently with the amount of riding he gets on here, I decided deadin an artist afterone song wasnt a fair shot, so I d/l'ed like 30 of his songs and listened 2 em all in one day...and wasn't feelin it.

I don't get it...is there sumthin I'm missin? I mean I know he different and all, he aint on the whole "work, broads, scrilla and gunplay"tip, but do that automatically make him good? *Substitutions* be actin like he the 2nd lyrical coming of Nas or some $#!+, but 2 me he sounds like Weezy with acollege degree and a NT account with the way he flow...plus his voice/delivery put me 2 sleep...I just dont understand... Did I listen wrong or sumthin?

Well...

%%$!...

Umm...

Got Damnit...

Umm...

I don't know what to tell you...

Your Loss I guess...

Originally Posted by Seymore CAKE

Well...

%%$!...

Umm...

Got Damnit...

Umm...

I don't know what to tell you...

Your Loss I guess...
Yeah, pretty much
laugh.gif
...I'm not gon sit here and hate on dude, cuz he do got talent...but he just aint my twist...whateva...

I mean, he's good, but maybe not for everyone?

He used to be about the gutter rap back in the day, listen to The Dynasty Freestyle, Dead Presidents Freestyle, Chi-Town, Lu Myself, Absolute Fiasco.

If I had to suggest some songs; Handcuffs, Lupe the Killer, Switch (The Science Project), Mean & Vicious [featuring Naledge of Kidz In The Hall], The Penand the Needlz.

His wordplay is just ridiculous to me, and he reminds me of Jay with how versatile his flow is.

^ I feel you.

To me, sometimes I feel like he's trying to be TOO LYRICAL or TOO DIFFERENT (puts on flame suit)

Don't get me wrong, I have the cool, and like 3-4 songs off Food and Liquor in my ipod, but he's nowhere near my favorite or one of the best IMO.

just because you don't understand what a guy is rapping about doesn't make him some kind of prophet.

oh yeah, plus I've got this really, really, really big problem with Lupe saying n****, when he claims he used to not like rap because of the disrespecttoward women like b****, h**, etc. So he doesn't like to disrespect women, but doesn't mind disrespecting his entire race?

and don't give me that "it's acceptable in our culture" argument, because it can be argued the same for the word b**** if that's thecase.

Originally Posted by FYALADY

You right.

He's over-rated.

Gotta admit that Wayne > Lupe.

commit that
edit:
Originally Posted by doyung9

To me, sometimes I feel like he's trying to be TOO LYRICAL or TOO DIFFERENT (puts on flame suit)
yeah, i hate when people try to be different
eyes.gif

I mean, if you can at least acknowledge his talent then I guess thats all that matters. You got other dudes out there sayin he the worst rapper out which Ijust find blasphemous.

Nobody is sayin you'll be blastin Lupe tracks in your whip or nothing but if you listen to his tracks, you'll see he has one of the greatest commandsof lyricism. He is the greatest lyrical technician of this generation. (Flame suit, on)

If you can listen to songs like "Switch", "Conflict Diamonds", "Lupe The Killer", "Spray Paint and Ink Pens" and a goodamount of others and still not see what all the fuss is about then.. well.. I just dont know. Your ears are tuned to a different frequency.

visit my post about food and liquor

i admit i didnt like lupe at all when i first heard him, but, food and liquor changed my prespective

I suggest you check out his artist Gemstones/Gemini ... theres a post maybe 3-6 below this with his mixtape in it... I GURANTEE YOU'LL ROCK WITH HIM

HAVE YET TO MEET OR HEAR ANYONE WHO HASN'T

im not the biggest lupe fan but dude b spittin... i dont like #!$% like dumb it down either... listen to "streets on fire" or "the die"...lupe is best when spittin story type joints...

So you mean to tell me that after he "Dumbed it down" you still couldn't understand it? Well he's not gonna be liked by everybody

Originally Posted by rwfanatic

So you mean to tell me that after he "Dumbed it down" you still couldn't understand it? Well he's not gonna be liked understood by everybody

lol^....
But i guess you can't understand him because you just don't know how much it sucks to be,like Lupe says,"in a bad place at a goodtime"....meaning everywhere you see the 'hood' is personified by rappers as a stronghold of brotherhood...But you just don't know at whatprice you will pay to be in the brotherhood...
Just my opinion.Agree or disagree i don't mind.
Peace!

Lupe to me is like an acquired taste.

You don't really rock with him at first but as time goes on, you start to enjoy him and like him a lot more than before.

At least that how it was for me.

Originally Posted by Uptown Roamer

Lupe to me is like an acquired taste.

You don't really rock with him at first but as time goes on, you start to enjoy him and like him a lot more than before.

At least that how it was for me.

definitely

eyes.gif

nah, stop tryin' to play it like that. what I should have said was, I feel like he's trying to be different for the sake of beingdifferent, not because he just is.

is he talented? yes. hell, I paid money to get see him in concert. but dude isn't the 2nd coming of the hip-hop christ, either.

eyes.gif
nah, stop tryin' to play it like that. what I should have said was, I feel like he's trying to be different for the sake of being different, not because he just is.

is he talented? yes. hell, I paid money to get see him in concert. but dude isn't the 2nd coming of the hip-hop christ, either.

just curious who was the first?

Back
Top Bottom