So I got a SPAM text message, what part of the game is this? (pics)

Have any of you guys ever received one of these? I feel like my phone has been violated....
ohwell.gif

950353b8497c61dde8beb0fa92022e5301295a5.jpg

e9f3579a4e7b650ce117bb929b9ca451ce97d6b.jpg

smh.gif

Outed myself?

Not really, but whatever.

I really want to know how this happened, but I know that's probably Mission Impossible.

The more UNpopular home phones become, the harder these marketers try to grab cell #'s. My mom got one of these on her cell some weeks back..I remember acouple years ago they were discussing whether cell #'s should be listed in the phonebook -_-........

I don't get how he outed himself? Anyway, I got one of those too a few weeks back. It was similar to that except it was all messed up because the messagestarted where the caller name should be so I see a text from "Hello," and I was like I know damn well I didn't name nobody Hello and then itended up being very similar to the one you got. Hasn't happened since though.

wow, thats what you get for giving your number out to those shady sites or those joke of the day crap...

^ Pretty much. Some entity you have signed up with and provided your cell phone number to has sold your number and thousands of other numbers to these guys.It's been the new invasion of spam for the past six months or so and has a lot of people pissed off. I've heard of people getting 5 or so per week andcalling their phone company to get them removed because it's B.S.

These guys have no shame in what they do unfortunately.

Seriously, I don't call any hotlines or gimmicky phone sites....don't call and order ringtones, none of that bs.

The only thing that I can think of is I recently ordered a plane ticket and provided my cell number as an emergency contact.

If that's how they got it then
smh.gif
@ this entire situation

i got these a few years ago. Haven't gotten them in a LONG time. And I never use those ringtone websites or anything.

I got that too on my Blackberry a while back. I called Verizon and said that it's happening to a lot of the customers around my area. It got fixed a coupleof days later and I haven't got anymore since.

CAnt even front happened to me like twice on my Mogul i was like wth i even went to the link from my phone like u cant be serious

What do you guys say to the phone companies when you call?

I'm really just hoping that it was a one time thing

This would be the perfect way to get back at somebody...esp if that person didn't have a text msging plan..just enter their number on those spam sites..anddrive up their bill.

- yup!
- i cut texted completely off my plan because of bs like this. my cousin sent me a chain text...and that done it for me.

Back
Top Bottom