SO I GOT BANNED FOR NOT TIPPING LOL

Not mad, just dumbfounded and dissapointed by the excuses when tipping IS part of the dining culture in America.
This is a forum where we converse on said topic, no?
I'm glad you understand it's a American construct. Not in other countries, so it is you who should leave. You should feel bad. You're not that good of a person if you have to clam on to a couple bucks because of stuborness and just being overall cheap. Don't like it? Don't want to feel berated? Don't order food you can't afford. Don't live in a country that supports tipping. It's that simple. Why is this such an abstruse concept? You look at it as "throwing away money". Guess I'm in the small majority that thinks money comes and goes. Money is simply a tool. That pocket change won't make your life any more happy but it might to some waiter making less than min wage. I don't agree that the customer is expected to pay for the wage difference. It should land on the restaurant. Of course, you do know if this happens. The price of the food will go up. You will then be obligated to pay more. Hence, if you can't afford the tip, you can't afford the meal.

Yo like is this **** that hard to understand? :lol:

Dudes not tipping out of pure stubbornness and trying to prove a point...TO WHOM!?....yes is an American construct, a good one to be honest that give YOU the option of instantly gratifying another human being for the service they've provided you, the same way someone that treats you like crap wouldn't get a tip, why not use that same logic and tip someone who does their job with class and treats you well, a couple of bucks to make someone feel better about the job they've performed?.....how many of you dudes have jobs that don't tip but give you a yearly bonus?...are you against that as well?...what do you think that bonus is?....that's your job hooking you up with a tip! I wonder how many dudes would protest if comes Xmas times their job writes them a 3k check every year based on performance.

Dudes really in here talking about they shouldn't be judged for not tipping, while judging people who tip :lol:

and guys saying that they shouldn't have to tip out of fear of people tampering with their food are right, but it's still gonna happen. people who work those positions tend remember the bad tippers/no tippers more than the good. so like I said before, I wouldn't be going back to the same spot if I were you.

OP, still trying to justify not tipping cause SF minimum wage is $13/hr. someone show me where in the Bay Area you can make it on your own with $13/hr

..what do you think that bonus is?....that's your job hooking you up with a tip....based on performance.

only thing i got from that quote.

i would expect less if my performance wasnt above standard. its how SHOULD work.

Last edited:
Yo like is this **** that hard to understand? :lol:

Dudes not tipping out of pure stubbornness and trying to prove a point...TO WHOM!?....yes is an American construct, a good one to be honest that give YOU the option of instantly gratifying another human being for the service they've provided you, the same way someone that treats you like crap wouldn't get a tip, why not use that same logic and tip someone who does their job with class and treats you well, a couple of bucks to make someone feel better about the job they've performed?.....how many of you dudes have jobs that don't tip but give you a yearly bonus?...are you against that as well?...what do you think that bonus is?....that's your job hooking you up with a tip! I wonder how many dudes would protest if comes Xmas times their job writes them a 3k check every year based on performance.
You're a clown of the highest order b thread after thread just making dumb *** comments

I get a bonus if I earn it [emoji]128064[/emoji]

If you don't get a bonus or tip, maybe you should work a little harder. [emoji]128064[/emoji]

only thing i got from that quote.

i would expect less if my performance wasnt above standard. its how SHOULD work.

Agreed. It should work that way. A majority of dudes in here think tipping is a city in China though.

Or, they're expecting a BJ from the waitress, otherwise the service was bad for them.

Last edited:
Dudes really in here talking about they shouldn't be judged for not tipping, while judging people who tip :lol:

and guys saying that they shouldn't have to tip out of fear of people tampering with their food are right, but it's still gonna happen. people who work those positions tend remember the bad tippers/no tippers more than the good. so like I said before, I wouldn't be going back to the same spot if I were you.

OP, still trying to justify not tipping cause SF minimum wage is $13/hr. someone show me where in the Bay Area you can make it on your own with $13/hr

Same dude ranting in the real estate thread because he "works hard" he should able to afford a house but he can't because of the market.

Ironic as ****.

My first, and only time at Waffle House (baaaack in the day), we had AWFUL service from the waitress. She got stiffed on the tip, but I walked around to the grill and gave the cook the tip instead.

*what's funny (and pathetic) to me is OP is so adamant about tipping, but has admitted that he'll go in the dressing area of clothing stores and switch tags. I guess it makes sense that that's how he rolls...

Last edited:
You're a clown of the highest order b thread after thread just making dumb *** comments

You a lame, you gonna say all that, but can't even legit explain what in that comment makes me a clown :lol:

I'm a clown because I like to gratify another human being for good service?

I'm a clown because I believe a yearly bonus is the same as a tip?

Lame.

Last time I went to the strip club and ordered 8 shots they said 20% was automatically included in the bill :x Probably would've only tipped like $5-10 instead of the $20+ they included. Like I wasn't already throwing enough one dollar bills around :smh:

But I mean, I shared this in another thread... I ordered a few drinks for myself and two friends at a bar one night. I had $18 cash on me. Told myself if the tab was $18 I'm not leaving a tip. Just out of convenience for myself and I'd tip next time. Well, it was exactly $18 so I didn't tip. Then my friends acted like I had just murdered someone. And my one friend took his food he was eating and moved to the end of the bar to eat away from me. Like I was the scum of the earth. They were trippin' hard over nothing IMO.

This dude going out to a bar in Lux Chelsea's and John Elliot down to the socks with 18$ cash to his name :rofl:

Stop trolling.

My choice of clothing is irrelevant in this discussion. But I'll give you a pass since you are constantly clowned for wearing women's outfits when it's also irrelevant to the discussion. Just remember next time the Khloe Kardashian pic is posted for no reason you've basically done the same thing to someone else now. Hypocrite.

For the record, it was $18 cash in my pocket. I have plenty of cash at home and in the bank.

Last edited:
You a lame, you gonna say all that, but can't even legit explain what in that comment makes me a clown :lol:

I'm a clown because I like to gratify another human being for good service?

I'm a clown because I believe a yearly bonus is the same as a tip?

Lame.
I don't need to explain anything to a idiot like you ... You've proved on numerous occasion you're moron

Last edited:
Stop trolling.

My choice of clothing is irrelevant in this discussion. But I'll give you a pass since you are constantly clowned for wearing women's outfits when it's also irrelevant to the discussion. Just remember next time the Khloe Kardashian pic is posted for no reason you've basically done the same thing to someone else now. Hypocrite.

For the record, it was $18 cash in my pocket. I have plenty of cash at home and in the bank.

But you think I'm offended? Fam I know how NT works b....dudes gonna pull whatever hat trick out the bag to get under my skin....no matter how irrelevant it is.

Bars accept Debit cards....in which you can easily include a tip if your concern was that 18$ might not be enough....what if the bill came back as 20$ :rofl: you was gonna scramble your friends for 2$ dollars while wearing a 200$ hoody? Doesn't seem so irrelevant to me.

Same dude ranting in the real estate thread because he "works hard" he should able to afford a house but he can't because of the market.

Ironic as ****.

Typical, it's all about ME ME ME attitude.

My first, and only time at Waffle House (baaaack in the day), we had AWFUL service from the waitress. She got stiffed on the tip, but I walked around to the grill and gave the cook the tip instead.

Smooth move, bruh.:smokin

Honestly, does it make sense to go into this establishment with $18?

Non-tippers irate for tippers shaming them to oblivion, yet one of their main excuses is "screw the waiter, they should find a better job, not my problem"

:rofl:

DAT IRON KNEE.

Last edited:

Ironic as ****.

Typical, it's all about ME ME ME attitude.

Smooth move, bruh.:smokin

Honestly, does it make sense to go into this establishment with $18?

As many times as I eat out, that's probably the one time I can remember not giving a tip. I don't think I've had service so bad (since then) that the waiter/waitress has gotten stiffed from me.

My expectations for those who work in the food service industry aren't so ridiculous that I'm out there looking for reasons not to tip. I mean...

You forget to bring straws - I'll ask you the next time you come around.

Food order messed up - I'll let you know when the food comes out...mistakes happen, no biggie.

Not coming around often enough - I'll flag you OR another waiter/waitress down.

Stop trolling.

But you think I'm offended? Fam I know how NT works b....dudes gonna pull whatever hat trick out the bag to get under my skin....no matter how irrelevant it is.

Bars accept Debit cards....in which you can easily include a tip if your concern was that 18$ might not be enough....what if the bill came back as 20$ :rofl: you was gonna scramble your friends for 2$ dollars while wearing a 200$ hoody? Doesn't seem so irrelevant to me.

Again, I don't see how my choice of clothing is relevant. I was just talking about making a big purchase in a jewelry store straight cash in my gym clothes in another thread. I guess I shouldn't be giving them my business based on my bummy attire. They didn't seem to mind.

If the bill came back $20 I would've pulled out my card and paid $20 with a $3 tip. I made a decision that I wanted to spend that cash and if it came to $18 I wasn't tipping. The service was average. Not good, not bad. If it was $14-17 he'd still be getting $18 cash. Condemn me if you want for trying to get rid of the loose change in my pocket I didn't want.

So I'm wondering, do non-tippers only hang out with other non-tippers? Like when you go out with another group other than your own family and the bill comes and is time to split the tip, do you fellas seriously excuse yourself and NOT tip? Or do you adhere to this American construct then to avoid an embarrassment? I would hope you sticking to your guns as some of you are doing in this thread.

yeah i do it at a local fish place because i pick up all the time. 
it just seems right. 
Help me understand this logic.

You are continuing to give them service. That is your gift to them.

They are continuing to give you good food. That is their gift from you.

Are they throwing in extra pieces of whiting each time you go? 

I mean what exactly are you getting out out of tipping them for take out?

I mean, maybe they are, he's a regular there.

I frequent a lot of the same spots here in Vegas and I definitely get taken care of.

Free drinks/apps/deserts, etc...

If you take care of people, they'll take care of you.

I totally understand not tipping if service was absolute garbage, because I've definitely done that before, but going out w/ no intentions of tipping regardless of how well you were taken care of wouldn't fly around me.

Do you non tippers not tip barbers, too?

Last edited by a moderator:

yeah i do it at a local fish place because i pick up all the time. 
it just seems right. 
Help me understand this logic.

You are continuing to give them service. That is your gift to them.

They are continuing to give you good food. That is their gift from you.

Are they throwing in extra pieces of whiting each time you go? 

I mean what exactly are you getting out out of tipping them for take out?

I frequent a lot of the same spots here in Vegas and I definitely get taken care of.

I totally understand not tipping if service was absolute garbage, because I've definitely done that before, but going out w/ no intentions of tipping regardless of how well you were taken care of wouldn't fly around me.

Do you non tippers not tip barbers, too?

THIS!!!

Again, I don't see how my choice of clothing is relevant. I was just talking about making a big purchase in a jewelry store straight cash in my gym clothes in another thread. I guess I shouldn't be giving them my business based on my bummy attire. They didn't seem to mind.

If the bill came back $20 I would've pulled out my card and paid $20 with a $3 tip. I made a decision that I wanted to spend that cash and if it came to $18 I wasn't tipping. The service was average. Not good, not bad. If it was $14-17 he'd still be getting $18 cash. Condemn me if you want for trying to get rid of the loose change in my pocket I didn't want.

You didn't want to get rid of it, you out here counting pennies and don't even know it...brags about blowing thousands cash on jewelry in the same post he brags about willingly shafting a bar tender out of 2$ :lol:

Man whatever, is worthless talking sense into you dudes, glad your boys have more sense and made you feel like an outcast, you said you don't care, but you do.

The logic most tippers share. This seem's to be where non tippers go awry. They can't seem to conceptualize such a foreign idea.

Ironic as ****.

Maybe he should worlk for $13/hr in SF :lol:

Back
Top Bottom