SO I GOT BANNED FOR NOT TIPPING LOL

i don't know...because i have a lot of disposable income i guess. 
and i see those people working the kitchen and i think it wouldn't hurt to throw them some extra dough.
i guess i really appreciate the food they have been serving me throughout these years.

and it is a little mom and pop place thats amazing. haha

why is everyone so mad i throw in a couple of bucks?
its like maybe 1-3x a month

That's the irony blatenly being displayed here.

Nah papi, I'm providing myself comedy at your expense. :rofl:

I hope I can hear your jimmies, Steezy's delicate little jimmies, and every one of you tip elitists jimmies, all rustling at the same time when I sign that $0 tip receipt.

Music to my ears.

Not at all but keep thinking it won't be at your own expense. I guess it's comforting to be so careless with strangers who handle what you consume.

people don't realize the disgusting things their probably eating

I don't really have an opinion on whether you tip or not - nor am I one to talk about what you're wearing. we all have different values. you putting higher priority on wearing what you like (JE) vs a 2 dollar tip at a bar is perfectly normal. In fact I think its stupid that people call that out since, everyone is inherently selfish.

what I think is comedy is someone who starts a thread on a community forum, fully recognizing that people will give their 2 cents, and then when there are opinions that go against what they believe, pulling out the I don't care card.

like bruh - you cared so little that you needed to start a thread about it...lol...

Or/and they pull the you mad card :lol: such immature logic and lazy response.

Last edited:
like if you are a barber and open up a shop..

as a business owner you set a price that you feel is fair for the service you are providing

how does it make any sense to get upset at people when they dont pay MORE than the price you deem fair for the exchange in services?

it would be like nike sending you grey market shoes because you ONLY paid retail for them

Nah papi, I'm providing myself comedy at your expense. :rofl:

I hope I can hear your jimmies, Steezy's delicate little jimmies, and every one of you tip elitists jimmies, all rustling at the same time when I sign that $0 tip receipt.

Music to my ears.

:rofl: At you thinking you doing us a disservice by not tipping :lol:

Steezy, after crying about people who don't tip for many pages in this thread, I don't think you can really stand here and tell me it doesn't bother you while holding a straight face. :lol:

And someone please explain to me how I'm at risk with my food if
1.) The tipping portion comes after the meal is over.
2.) The waiter / waitress isn't preparing my food. Just running it to me. (Ran to me before they know if I'm going to tip or not) :rofl: :rofl:

Lmaoooo

Tippers are mad, non-tippers are not.

Seems to me that non-tippers are far more in their feels about being shamed for their ways....at the end of the day as a tipper wether is a dumb social construct or not, you are doing something positive for another human being....you are giving them instant gratification, showing a form of appreciation to a stranger through monetary means, I'm happy knowing I hooked someone up with a few bucks.

By the way, I know yall are trolling when you say that because you tip after the meal you feel like they're not spitting / leaving hair in your food. :lol:

There's no way you believe that. Please tell me you're not naive enough to believe that tipping after you eat the food will help save you from the possible contamination of the food they've already prepared and served you.

at the end of the day as a tipper wether is a dumb social construct or not, you are doing something positive for another human being....you are giving them instant gratification, showing a form of appreciation to a stranger through monetary means, I'm happy knowing I hooked someone up with a few bucks.

with that logic do you give every bum who asks for spare change your spare change?

right - again, i am assuming because i only read the first 10 pages or so (mostly OP's responses).

i think it's funny to me that he kept reiterating how he wasn't heated, while the restaurant was. and how much he found enjoyment in that.

to me, when you have to continue to say you don't care, deflect onto other's being mad, reply to people's opinions when they go against yours - you probably care deeply, and want validation.

but props for starting an interesting debate. i heard the inception of the tipping practice was that the industry leaders decided that it would just pass the cost of employment onto the customers to pad their bottom line. They developed a culture, and kept repeating it until it became almost sacrilegious to not tip (as we can clearly see from people's opinions on this thread). Sort of like how the diamond industry just up and decided that 3 month salary (before tax) was the industry standard for engagement rings.

i tip, if it matters - but the real issue is the industry leaders if the above is true. then again - if they can get away with it and we act like sheep, i can't hate on their grind either....:tongue:

Lmaoooo

Seems to me that non-tippers are far more in their feels about being shamed for their ways....at the end of the day as a tipper wether is a dumb social construct or not, you are doing something positive for another human being....you are giving them instant gratification, showing a form of appreciation to a stranger through monetary means, I'm happy knowing I hooked someone up with a few bucks.

For sure, pay it forward. That positivity is contagious. It trickles into other parts of your life and mental well being. I believe Karma is real.

Lmaoooo

So if the service is poor, you have to wait 45 minutes for your food to come out, you have to flag down your server to have your water refilled, it takes 20 minutes for your bill to come out and that's only because you requested the check from the server, etc... are you still willing show monetary appreciation to that stranger? Would you be happy knowing you hooked them up with a few bucks when they wasted a half hour or full hour of your time?

I bet you still would tip 15% because "you are doing something positive". Weak mindset.

Last edited:

Lmaoooo

So if the service is poor, you have to wait 45 minutes for your food to come out, you have to flag down your server to have your water refilled, it takes 20 minutes for your bill to come out and that's only because you requested the check from the server, etc... are you still willing show monetary appreciation to that stranger. Would you be happy knowing you hooked them up with a few bucks when they wasted a half hour or full hour of your time?

I bet you still would tip 15% because "you are doing something positive". Weak mindset.

Tipping to feel good about yourself [emoji]128064[/emoji]

So if the service is poor, you have to wait 45 minutes for your food to come out, you have to flag down your server to have your water refilled, it takes 20 minutes for your bill to come out and that's only because you requested the check from the server, etc... are you still willing show monetary appreciation to that stranger. Would you be happy knowing you hooked them up with a few bucks when they wasted a half hour or full hour of your time?

Hell no, I already said there have been those instances and best believe I don't tip **** when the service is blatantly crappy....as long as the server is polite, prompt and shows interest in our needs (water replenishment, checking up on us) that person is getting tipped.

Tipping to feel good about yourself [emoji]128064[/emoji]

Sure I'll take that...something wrong with that?...is it wrong to fee good for doing something positive for others?.

Do you think the people at the receiving end are not feeling good themselves? I fee good, they feel good, win/win

Hell no, I already said there have been those instances and best believe I don't tip **** when the service is blatantly crappy....as long as the server is polite, prompt and shows interest in our needs (water replenishment, checking up on us) that person is getting tipped.

You're cheap for not tipping in that instance.

Even if they give horrible service, you should still tip the mandatory 60% as outlined in the "I'm a Good Guy and the World Should Know" manual. Please check this against your pocket manual copy.

:rolleyes

By the way, I know yall are trolling when you say that because you tip after the meal you feel like they're not spitting / leaving hair in your food. :lol:

There's no way you believe that. Please tell me you're not naive enough to believe that tipping after you eat the food will help save you from the possible contamination of the food they've already prepared and served you.

You've never been to the same establishment twice? You knowingly scheme, rotating joints you go to so they forget your face? Food tampering is very common depending on how you treat the waiter throughout the meal and the tip if you repeat. Like I said before. Doing small good deeds such as tipping trickles down to other parts of your life. If you feel above yourself to do such petty things, you're more likely to treat the server accordingly....

You'd lose that bet. I have a reason to not tip then. So if they do ask why I can tell them. (They never have because they know damn well what happened) this is the very logic tipping is based on(partly)..

Last edited:

You've never been to the same establishment twice? You knowingly scheme rotating joints you go to so they forget your face? Food tampering is very common depending on how you treat the waiter throughout the meal and the tip if you repeat. Like I said before. Doing small good deeds such as tipping trickles down to other parts of your life. If you feel above yourself to do such petty things, you're more likely to treat the server accordingly....

Oh I tip, I just find your logic and the logic of most of the "Pro-Tip" people hilarious.

I tip based on service. I've explained this. But because I oppose your logic on "if you don't tip, you're cheap" and "tipping will get you hook ups" and "keep you from having your food tampered with". :lol:

as a business owner you set a price that you feel is fair for the service you are providing

how does it make any sense to get upset at people when they dont pay MORE than the price you deem fair for the exchange in services?

it would be like nike sending you grey market shoes because you ONLY paid retail for them

How much do you pay for haircuts in Canada?

Can someone still explain to me the logic in tipping for CARRY OUT?

You tip for carry out if one of two things apply to you-

1.) You're an idiot with nothing else to do with your money
2.) You need to feel better about yourself and brag about it.

Can someone still explain to me the logic in tipping for CARRY OUT?

fwiw I tip heavy mostly for service. it has nothing to do with anything but the fact that I grew up poor as an immigrant - and my moms used to be in that industry. if the service is exceptionally terrible, i'll tip little, but otherwise Im generous. my first career paycheck was more than my parents ever made per check so I consider myself blessed.

with that said - I don't tip carry out at all...I don't understand that. the upcharge is already padded in the price - at that point its "just because"

Last edited:

How much do you pay for haircuts in Canada?
it's usually around 17 dollars plus tax

it's usually around 17 dollars plus tax

Do you go to a chain store? Most barbershops have dudes that rent out chairs, so most of the time they pay their rent and live off the tips.

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh I tip, I just find your logic and the logic of most of the "Pro-Tip" people hilarious.

I tip based on service. I've explained this. But because I oppose your logic on "if you don't tip, you're cheap" and "tipping will get you hook ups" and "keep you from having your food tampered with". :lol:

The hell was going on with all your pro non tipping rants then? :lol:

I tip based on service as well. The end. :lol:

Back
Top Bottom