SO I GOT BANNED FOR NOT TIPPING LOL

I always tip , almost got bamboozled last week at this restaurant, MFs included the gratuity in my damn bill an extra 9$ & handed me a pen to sign for it . I was gonna add another 5$ too .

Welp...I work for tips already make ok money hourly but yes the reason i have my job is because of the tips, ill go 2-3 weeks without touching my paycheck so yes it is important to me but i do my best to make sure the customer is satisfied ,but trust that if I know your a cheap **** your getting real ****** service. But when its my time to tip I become the cheapest human being on the face of this planet. *cool story*

Tipping at a place where they serve you is always a must. But best believe they getting the 1.03 treatment if it's subpar service.

This is a worse reflection on the restaurant then it is on him to be honest. Especially coming from a manager and ownership. If I was op I would live a brutally negative 1 star review on yelp. That's totally unprofessional on the part of management and ownership. This place probably doesn't make much money with customer service like that.

Personally I tip decently if the service is average or better, but a restaurant giving paying customers crap for not tipping would lose my business. You aren't entitled to a tip and you don't have a right to give customers crap if they don't tip. Just keep it moving and most likely the next few tables you serve will be decent tippers. Especially in Cali, where servers get minimum wage plus tips as opposed to other states where they get $2 or $3 per hour and are reliant on tips. 

Like I said, customers should tip if the server put effort in given that it's an unwritten rule, but the server has no right to talk slick to a customer that doesn't tip. It's a poor reflection on the establishment. You knew when you signed up for the job that not all customers will tip. Does it suck to do a good job and provide good service and not get tipped? Yeah i'm sure it does, but it doesn't give you a green light to take it personal and talk slick to the customer. You gotta be professional. 

on a side note, with gratuity, if the service is subpar, i just call my credit card company and dispute the gratuity charges. i don't mind paying them for adequate service, but no way in hell will i pay it for medicore service. I've done this a couple times and I got the gratuity charges refunded to me within a few days each time. 

on a side note, with gratuity, if the service is subpar, i just call my credit card company and dispute the gratuity charges. i don't mind paying them for adequate service, but no way in hell will i pay it for medicore service. I've done this a couple times and I got the gratuity charges refunded to me within a few days each time. 
What do you say to your card company?

that there was no mention of the gratuity until the bill came, and that the restaurant intentionally either hid the signs mentioning gratuity, or mentioned it in small print.  

like i said, i don't mind paying gratuity as long as the service is average because I know what the deal is from the get go. however gratuity shouldn't give waiters less incentive to provide decent service imo.

i remember when i took a taxi from mcarren airport in las vegas to our hotel, lady trying to chop it up i know she just trying to get some words in to get that tip.

mind you i usually always tip.

what got me is at the end of the ride she was like thats $xx.xx plus tip, but you california so you know that already

:smh:

again i was already planning on tipping, but that made me not want to. i shouldve said some snide remark too and give less tip. wish i can go back in time ahaha

anyways OP from the bay, he prob not tipping because he might be saving for that down payment on a house, look what kind of house if any you can get for $200-300K in the Alameda, CA, or pretty much any place in the bay area.

http://www.zillow.com/homes/for_sale/Alameda-CA_rb/

so he need to keep all that tip money to himself

Last edited:
bruhh one time me and @BenDover were having lunch in koreatown and i didnt tip so i left the restuarant quick so the waiter wouldnt try to grill me

and this dude stayed in there to flirt with her and was like why is ur friend so dam cheap

i dont tip if the waiter is ugly

how u expect me to enjoy my food if u ugly?

i remember when i took a taxi from mcarren airport in las vegas to our hotel, lady trying to chop it up i know she just trying to get some words in to get that tip.

mind you i usually always tip.

what got me is at the end of the ride she was like thats $xx.xx plus tip, but you california so you know that already

:smh:

again i was already planning on tipping, but that made me not want to. i shouldve said some snide remark too and give less tip. wish i can go back in time ahaha

anyways OP from the bay, he prob not tipping because he might be saving for that down payment on a house, look what kind of house if any you can get for $200-300K in the Alameda, CA, or pretty much any place in the bay area.

http://www.zillow.com/homes/for_sale/Alameda-CA_rb/

so he need to keep all that tip money to himself

You soft.

Ol wish I would of *** *****.

I remember I was at a bar and I ordered a mojito one drink and tipped the dude $1 signed the check and continued to enjoy my night. Bartender yells at me and say hey think something is wrong I'm busting my butt for you and you give me one. I look at him and laugh and grab a 5 from my pocket crumble it up and toss it at him told him that good enough. Didn't order anything after that and left. Sometimes these people over do it. A 5 dollar tip isn't going to make you rich or broke chill.

You handled this correctly if they want tips they should include it on the bill

Quick question...

To the guys that do tip, do y'all also show the tip? Like humble brag?

u shoulda told the manager to stop being a cheap prick and give these ppl fair wages instead of passing the cost onto consumers

I remember I was at a bar and I ordered a mojito one drink and tipped the dude $1 signed the check and continued to enjoy my night. Bartender yells at me and say hey think something is wrong I'm busting my butt for you and you give me one. I look at him and laugh and grab a 5 from my pocket crumble it up and toss it at him told him that good enough. Didn't order anything after that and left. Sometimes these people over do it. A 5 dollar tip isn't going to make you rich or broke chill.

You handled this correctly if they want tips they should include it on the bill

My friend works at a restaurant and she said that the reason they don't do that is because a lot of super scummy, bummy penny pinching ,entitled dudes will actually call their credit card company and dispute the gratuity if it is included on the bill.

Last edited:
My friend works at a restaurant and she said that the reason they don't do that is because a lot of super scummy, bummy penny pinching ,entitled dudes will actually call their credit card company and dispute the gratuity if it is included on the bill.
if the service is mediocre there's nothing wrong with doing so.   gratuity shouldn't be an outlet for mediocre service.

Quick question...

To the guys that do tip, do y'all also show the tip? Like humble brag?

last weeek i went out and i left money at the table and i told the waitress, i left the check money on the table, i also left u a tip too

What did she say when you informed her that? Was she nonchalant? Excited? Was she wet?

nah she just said ok thanks.

only reason i did was kinda i kinda acted like an A hole to her so i was like i dont wanna leave an A hole impression on her so i wanted to be nice.

plus she had a great rack

Last edited:
people who dont tip are scum

unless the service was terrible, there really is no reason to not tip. Ive seen plenty of people who do a really great and genuine job with their customers to either get tipped a measly dollar or nothing at all.

This.

Also factor in that at some places, at least in Toronto, servers have to pay out a certain percentage to the house/managers/kitchen staff on every bill regardless of tip. So essentially not only did someone serve you for free, but might have actually lost money. I've never been in the service industry and never will but I've straight up cut off friendships for not tipping at restaurants. I automatically associate not tipping with a sense of entitlement and selfishness, and the few times I've known people that adamantly don't tip I've been right.

u shoulda told the manager to stop being a cheap prick and give these ppl fair wages instead of passing the cost onto consumers

Go to a country like France where servers are getting fair wages and the customers are charged 50-70+ Euros per person at mediocre restaurants with terrible service. But hey, at least they don't expect a tip.

Last edited:
entitlement can come from servers and bartenders as well though where they feel because social norms say so that their entitled to a tip regardless of what service they provide.

the thing is though, serving and bartending can  be a potential gold mine if your on your job and hustle. if you provide good service, don't have your customers waiting around for to order drinks or to have drinks refilled and your service is good, more times than not you will get tipped decently and likely get regular customers who constantly tip well off the strength of your service. good service goes a long way.

entitlement can come from servers and bartenders as well though where they feel because social norms say so that their entitled to a tip regardless of what service they provide.

the thing is though, serving and bartending can  be a potential gold mine if your on your job and hustle. if you provide good service, don't have your customers waiting around for to order drinks or to have drinks refilled and your service is good, more times than not you will get tipped decently and likely get regular customers who constantly tip well off the strength of your service. good service goes a long way.

So would u give me the tip if i serviced you?

Back
Top Bottom