So I Listened to Rolling Papers for the first time and.............

And talk about garbage
laugh.gif

This dude has all the keys and potential to be great
30t6p3b.gif

This dude needs to stop listening to the record label.

That's kinda funny, cause I finally checked it out in it's entirely a couple days ago, and thought half was drunk frat party
top down going 90 on the way to Cali garbage, and the other half was surprisingly good. Hope & Dreams is
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

he knows people think this, that's why Taylor Allderwhatever had all the interview segments where he was trying to convince people that the label wasn't what made that album so bad.

Rolling Papers is a solid narrative, and a great first album following a stellar mixtape career.

if it wasnt such a departure from cabin fever and kush oj then maybe it would be ok. some decent songs on there...its just...different. for new fans of his, maybe it wasnt bad.

It did its job and brought new fans in.. Taylor Allderdice was pretty good though

Idk though Rolling papers kind of just changed my opinion of Wiz, before it he could do no wrong in my eyes

Originally Posted by ELCHAPULINCOLORADO

And talk about garbage
laugh.gif

This dude has all the keys and potential to be great
30t6p3b.gif

8b635ca0735612d5e3cea6d8b6333f93aeb1321.png

nah, not really...never really !$%@#* with Wiz before so this was my introduction to him...needless to say, i wrote him off for a minute 
laugh.gif

The Race is my *+!! though...and Taylor Alderdice was nice too

Originally Posted by itsphillthy

Rolling Papers is a solid narrative, and a great first album following a stellar mixtape career.

Never talk about Wiz again...you know nothing of his music...
indifferent.gif

He had 2 albums before Rolling Papers, poser...

you ain't Taylor'd
smokin.gif

wow. looks like i'm the only person in here that liked that album above all his others.

i'll go sit in the corner now.

Originally Posted by ELCHAPULINCOLORADO

And talk about garbage
laugh.gif

This dude has all the keys and potential to be great make good pop music 
30t6p3b.gif

Originally Posted by MJ All Day45

indifferent.gif

you ain't Taylor'd
smokin.gif
And no, you're wrong.  Rolling Papers was his 1st album.  The label took 2 of his mixtapes and released them in stores

Originally Posted by solarius49

Originally Posted by MJ All Day45

indifferent.gif

you ain't Taylor'd
smokin.gif
And no, you're wrong.  Rolling Papers was his 1st album.  The label took 2 of his mixtapes and released them in stores
THEY ARE ALBUMS G.

Originally Posted by boomboomskeetskeet

no joke can someone explain to me this guys appeal?
For me I think he's pretty good at staying in his lane. I rather hear somebody being good at staying in their lane than
hear somebody forcing themselves to try to be Nas or Biggie yet being nowhere close. 

***EDIT: And yea, Deal or No Deal and Show & Prove weren't mixtapes turned into retail albums, they were just independent albums before he signed with Atlantic.

Originally Posted by boomboomskeetskeet

no joke can someone explain to me this guys appeal?

Other than being a weed head I dont see the appeal either. I still havent heard a full anything from him, mixtape or album. I know you cant really judge a rapper if you havent really giving 'em a chance but the songs I have heard dude was never that good to begin with.

Back
Top Bottom