So I need some back up for this debate vol. fml

Basically short and sweet, I have always been one to hear both sides and form my own opinion. And question everything. I recently moved back in with my pops before starting a new job near by in socal. And I know socal breeds conspiracy theorists and my dad is a major one. From 911 to Titanic to Illuminati

But this takes the cake. Dude came at me with the leaders of Catholicism are evil, corrupt, use religion to deceive the masses, theory of relativity, dinosaurs & Big Bang are all fabricated and .... yes the earth is flat.

His research... YouTube videos..
I don’t have the verbiage to combat this, I just told him I’d check out more videos and get back to him. I really was caught off guard and we were arguing about many things but once it shifted to this I shut down.

Here’s the main video I question. So leave comments/advice ...

Sorry I don’t know how to embed

I've never watched it either but a guy I was talking to that seemed very sharp and knowledgeable about that type of stuff recommended it to me.

Listen to your dad.

The earth isnt flat though. But, we have no actual images of earth. So we don't know.

Also Inf you das claims to be this conspiracy theorist who is woke, I hope he's at least on a plant based diet.

Last edited:
Google it... “earthrise” and then read about it... Apollo 8... first photos taken by man from outer space that show the entire planet earth.

I'm in the exact same circumstance with my father, and it's gotten bad. Not only does my father use horrible evidence to back his beliefs, but he can be very condescending when ringing them off. The mixture is just too much for me to bare.

It's not necessarily flat earth, but a big mashup of stuff he clearly picked up from garbage YouTube videos. What makes it most frustrating is when I explain to him why his sources aren't strong or reliable,he gets defensive..thing is he's going through the same phase I went of learning how to navigate the internet when I was like 15. I'm not even sure how to discuss certain things with him, because the dude has literally called me brainwashed.

Good luck, bro. This is a tough one to engage without your father becoming defensive and it becoming some sort of hierarchical 'I'm your dad' defense mechanism.

OP... just ask your Dad where the sun goes at night....
I'm sorry for your loss OP
it's the bible.

They explain it in the video, kinda brush it off as the sun & moon orbit the flat earth & it’s why Antarctica is closed to public.
It’s the Bible? I don’t really think of the Bible as the best reference point. They want you to believe so they use a man written book that’s pro god. Show me outside of that book why that book is legit & it’s real. Talking snakes etc

Listen to your dad.

The earth isnt flat though. But, we have no actual images of earth. So we don't know.

Also Inf you das claims to be this conspiracy theorist who is woke, I hope he's at least on a plant based diet.

He on some misguided 1/2 vegitarian bs makes a lot of smoothies. I’m hurting for my guy

Google it... “earthrise” and then read about it... Apollo 8... first photos taken by man from outer space that show the entire planet earth.

That ain’t gonna help. I need like laymen term break down. Which is the hard part cause I never thought about defending this point lmao

I'm in the exact same circumstance with my father, and it's gotten bad. Not only does my father use horrible evidence to back his beliefs, but he can be very condescending when ringing them off. The mixture is just too much for me to bare.

It's not necessarily flat earth, but a big mashup of stuff he clearly picked up from garbage YouTube videos. What makes it most frustrating is when I explain to him why his sources aren't strong or reliable,he gets defensive..thing is he's going through the same phase I went of learning how to navigate the internet when I was like 15. I'm not even sure how to discuss certain things with him, because the dude has literally called me brainwashed.

Good luck, bro. This is a tough one to engage without your father becoming defensive and it becoming some sort of hierarchical 'I'm your dad' defense mechanism.

Thanks bro. I just don’t know. I didn’t think it could happen to my guy. They even attacking Catholicism. Which they in/on some suspicious Divenchi code swag but I just don’t know anymore man lol. Idk

They explain it in the video, kinda brush it off as the sun & moon orbit the flat earth & it’s why Antarctica is closed to public
Listened to this, things dude was saying made me think, I won't lie. Again, I don't know what is real or fake. I don't let anything get in the way of a good story though. I just want to be entertained when it comes to THIS type of stuff. It doesn't matter to me if the world is flat/round, I don't work in space. It doesn't influence my direct livelihood.

Back
Top Bottom