So i start AA again for 2 months again

any tips for getting over my alcohol abuse, i spend $150 a week on alcohol alone..... my co workers reported me saying i drink to much.
 trying to get over my addiction, already relapsed 1X after 2 weeks of my first meeting.

For one drink other things just not alcohol. Force yourself to drink something else like a soda or energy drink. Its like chewing gum or lollipops when your coming off of smoking.

I never understood alky's. Just stop. How hard is it? I just look at the cost benefit of alcohol and drugs...it aint beneficial for my wallet cause its costs.

Find other activities to do. Don't say "I'm not going to drink." Say instead, " I'm going to do _____" and fill in the blank as many different ways as you can.

Originally Posted by BrotherForReal

I never understood alky's. Just stop. How hard is it? I just look at the cost benefit of alcohol and drugs...it aint beneficial for my wallet cause its costs.

some people have more will power/are stronger than most when it comes to addiction.
some can just say "im going to stop" and they do. others, it takes a little more. so, it can be very hard.

Find a hobby, something to take your mind off of that.

Hit the batting cages, gym, make music, volunteer etc.

but just wondering, how often do you drink? you said you relapsed? so you were off of it for a little while?
Is 150$ a large portion of your earnings? Do you ask people for money for your alchohol?
sorry to bombard you with these questions but i'm just curious to know.
ohwell.gif

good luck bro

if you can afford it do it..

this comes from a guy spendin 150 a week on bud..

smoke bud instead..

pimp.gif

Its addictive like a drug, crackhead sell they house for a hit money aint nothing when your addicted

alcohol has something called  ethanol that addictive like nicotine in cigarettes
Its also a depressant.

are you serious 150 a week on alcohol
you matter start dropping that 150 and add a lil extra $$$ on the side for new jordans retros

Dude- find another hobby. You just need to foucs on another addiction, just make it a positive one.

Get addicted to ginger ale or the gym

If all else fails, make a thread on NT everynight if you have to anytime you think about a drink..or email me.

Originally Posted by Winter Warz

some people have more will power/are stronger than most when it comes to addiction.
some can just say "im going to stop" and they do. others, it takes a little more. so, it can be very hard.
Alcohol is very much a disease for some people. their bodies created a dependency too and they get addicted to it. To you its just a beer with some friends, to him its his body and mind craving more and more. 

think is ya'll tell me to find another hobby, but most of my drinking starts after i come from the  gym after playing basketball, after 6pm, i start drinking and don't stop til 3 or 4 in the morning. its harder than u think. my addiction is pretty bad, spending $150 a week on alcohol alone,  i think the worst i spent  was $325 for 2 weeks straight just because it  was the holidays and was off the next weekend. honestly i just don't want to be reported again, cause if so..... they gonna kick me out the Air-Force, i'm already getting divorced and losing my son and stationed at a crappy base, can't go through any more stress. seems like drinking is my only outlet right now to take away my pain.

Originally Posted by Luong1209

Proud of you bro, cheers.

be1er_cheers1.jpg
indifferent.gif

You have obviously never been friends with, known,  or worked with anyone who has alcoholism.

Pretty lame response towards a fellow member of the board who is struggling with something that has the potential to completely ruin his life and potentially kill him.

Great work showing empathy

Back
Top Bottom