So I was j/ offered a job in Chicago *22 y/o white male*...

Originally Posted by Je Ne Sais Quoi

OP making it sound like there are zero white people in Chicago, and if there are, they are either in midst of getting murdered or about to die of their knife/gunshot wounds.
laugh.gif

laugh.gif

Just wondering decent areas to look for an apartment mainly, I'm hearing Wrigleyville area is nice

And for the person who asked if I can find a job around RI making 500-1k a month, I can't. Been trying, can't.

Originally Posted by Je Ne Sais Quoi

OP making it sound like there are zero white people in Chicago, and if there are, they are either in midst of getting murdered or about to die of their knife/gunshot wounds.
laugh.gif

laugh.gif

Just wondering decent areas to look for an apartment mainly, I'm hearing Wrigleyville area is nice

And for the person who asked if I can find a job around RI making 500-1k a month, I can't. Been trying, can't.

Originally Posted by QueenCitySneakerQueen

I've visited Chicago never lived there and wouldn't move there

How could you argue with this heavily researched opinion? 
Fools. 
roll.gif
 OP sounds very sheltered. Chicago is not that bad. Stay north of 65th street and you're good. 

Originally Posted by QueenCitySneakerQueen

I've visited Chicago never lived there and wouldn't move there

How could you argue with this heavily researched opinion? 
Fools. 
roll.gif
 OP sounds very sheltered. Chicago is not that bad. Stay north of 65th street and you're good. 

Not very sheltered, lived in Rhode Island most of my life, but I've also driven across the country 4 times and lived in Tucson, AZ for 3 years off/on. Also spent a good portion of my childhood in Baltimore, as well as traveled to the entire UK...

Just have no clue about the Midwest or Chicago in general. It's somewhere I've never had any interest in visiting and never looked into it too heavily

Not very sheltered, lived in Rhode Island most of my life, but I've also driven across the country 4 times and lived in Tucson, AZ for 3 years off/on. Also spent a good portion of my childhood in Baltimore, as well as traveled to the entire UK...

Just have no clue about the Midwest or Chicago in general. It's somewhere I've never had any interest in visiting and never looked into it too heavily

laugh.gif
500 - 1K cash per week for a truck driving "operation?"

U gonna be taking that white across state lines....

laugh.gif

North side if your a white male and yes any day

I spend I lot of time in Chicago and it's a amazing city good luck to you if you need any advise pm me

North side if your a white male and yes any day

I spend I lot of time in Chicago and it's a amazing city good luck to you if you need any advise pm me

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

laugh.gif

Glad I wasn't the only one that felt illegal vibes. 

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

laugh.gif

Glad I wasn't the only one that felt illegal vibes. 

500 - 1000 a week is a huge range. It's gonna be hard to live in the Chi for 500 a week, but 1000 a week is cool. You can find a 2 bedroom on the Northside for 2000-2500, so with a roomate you're talking about a 1000-1250 a month. Northside is probably the best area for a white male (tons of attractive white women). South Loop and Hyde Park are also areas you might consider, and are a little cheaper, but aren't dangerous or anything.

It's a great city, but this whole job situation seems a little suspect. If I were you I'd make the move but as soon as I got there I'd look for something a little more solid.

500 - 1000 a week is a huge range. It's gonna be hard to live in the Chi for 500 a week, but 1000 a week is cool. You can find a 2 bedroom on the Northside for 2000-2500, so with a roomate you're talking about a 1000-1250 a month. Northside is probably the best area for a white male (tons of attractive white women). South Loop and Hyde Park are also areas you might consider, and are a little cheaper, but aren't dangerous or anything.

It's a great city, but this whole job situation seems a little suspect. If I were you I'd make the move but as soon as I got there I'd look for something a little more solid.

Back
Top Bottom