So I was profiled lastnight..(kinda long)

I didnt want to say no for the simple fact that I assumed that I would then be subject to probable cause as someone stated earlier.. 11 o clock, became 12 o clock very quickly, and I had to work today. No time to waste at a station, or even longer on the side of the road as a spectacle. Just wanted them to end the damn experiement and go home.

actually yeah when you dont look at a cop when they pass by you thats an articulable fact in them for pulling you over. had this gone to court i would be 100% sure it would be in the report. it would of been written up that you wouldnt look over becuase you appeared to be nervous when he drove up next to you cause thats what nervous people do. not saying you were just thats a common reason with people not looking over

and you always have the right to say no when someone asks to search you or the car without a warrant. thats basic 4th amendment rights.

I just have law knowledge and just trying to share so people do know why things happen and what can be done about it. Not trying to say who or if anyone was wrong. thats all. Does shady %$$% happen? of course it does.

Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

You were within your rights to DECLINE him searching your car....honestly, you're lucky they didn't plant any %#*! in there. Obviously, hindsight is 20/20, but Drew Dixon is right....you should have gotten their name/badge #.
And if they did, the messed up thing is he couldn't do anything about it. His word vs. theirs. Ahhh, I don't know what I would do if stuff got planted in my car. So unfair man.

But I am sure if he would have denied the search, things would have escalated.

not sure about your area but most cops are mic'd and tied into the video camera system in the cars so everything is recorded if you ever need to get that sort of thing for court.

You made the cops sound really cordial. Cops were like this is going to hurt me a lot more than it's going to hurt you
laugh.gif

first you say if he looked over at them, that would be enough for probable cause. Then you say if he didnt look over at them, that would be enough for probable cause....f outta here

Originally Posted by runzombierun

not sure about your area but most cops are mic'd and tied into the video camera system in the cars so everything is recorded if you ever need to get that sort of thing for court.
That wouldn't stop them from going into my car and putting something under my seat. The camera wouldn't catch that. The camera is only at the front of their car.

Originally Posted by oidreez

first you say if he looked over at them, that would be enough for probable cause. Then you say if he didnt look over at them, that would be enough for probable cause....f outta here

no read again, i said if he didnt look at him. and probable cause has nothing to do with a vehicle stop. its reasonable suspicion which is less than probably cause. reasonable suspicion will get you searched. probable cause can get you arrested. and you need several articulable facts for a stop not just one. terry vs ohio, get some knowledge

should have said no to the search

whenever a cop asks where u headed .. just say Home.

keep it short n cool.

I got pulled over for looking at a cop once, it's just a common reaction.
Not just because he's a cop, sometimes I'll look over who ever pulls up next to me.

You have to be aware of your surroundings.

OP, if you would have denied the the search of your car they would have just called the canine's.

You would have been straight, since you didn't have anything illegal.

It would have took another hour or so, but I understand you were in a rush.

Just a tip for next time when they try to pull this little stunt.

Like others stated, they could have planted you with drugs, weapons, etc... 

same %+!* used to happen to me when I had my cadillac.

most cops stayed tailing me for blocks just waiting till i $+%@$% up..

Originally Posted by oidreez

no read again, i said if he didnt look at him. and probable cause has nothing to do with a vehicle stop. its reasonable suspicion which is less than probably cause. reasonable suspicion will get you searched. probable cause can get you arrested. and you need several articulable facts for a stop not just one. terry vs ohio, get some knowledge
What oidreez said. Get outta here with your 3 hours of intro to domestic law class knowledge. it's illegal to give legal afvice

actually yeah when you dont look at a cop when they pass by you thats an articulable fact in them for pulling you over. had this gone to court i would be 100% sure it would be in the report. it would of been written up that you wouldnt look over becuase you appeared to be nervous when he drove up next to you cause thats what nervous people do. not saying you were just thats a common reason with people not looking over

and you always have the right to say no when someone asks to search you or the car without a warrant. thats basic 4th amendment rights.

I just have law knowledge and just trying to share so people do know why things happen and what can be done about it. Not trying to say who or if anyone was wrong. thats all. Does shady %$$% happen? of course it does.
They can pull us over if they dont see us look at them?
indifferent.gif
What if theyre just not looking at you when you glance over, or youre focused on a dark twisting road so you dont kill yourself hitting a tree? Ridiculous.

Yesterday I got off the highway because my left rear wheel had been making a clicking sound and seemed to be shaking a lil in stop and go traffic (I think its a bearing). Anyway, I pull into a plaza with 8 police cruisers and a van in the lot. As Im getting my car up on a jack sweating my %!$ off in this FL weather 3 cops walk by, hit me with the bert stare and then keep it movin. When I get it off the ground and get up to grab a bottle of water out the front before checking it out, I turn around and see 4 of em leaning up against the van just looking at me, which gets me kinda heated but I keep doing my thing. Then as Im walkin back to the back of the car one of em semi-yells "Hey isnt that an old police cruiser?" and they all start laughing
30t6p3b.gif
"Protect and Seve"
indifferent.gif

I hate those "Deal With It" comments. Man - it's the 2010's - really shouldn't have to deal with. I'm a dark skinned, ball headed, tattooed Filipino - However, I am in the professional field and have lived in nice areas during my adult life - I've been picked out and harrassed by various people (not just the law) for the way I look. After ballin, i'm in a cut off with my windows down - and I understand I don't look like everyone else in the area, but who the damn says I gotta look like you to be doing okay? I don't do nothing for illegal nowadays and my $$@* is straight as yours, but I'm still getting pressed.

It really has improved over the years, but still dumb that I have to meet your 'typical' type to pass your own prejudice.

I feel you OP. Been dealing with that all my life. Not too often fortunately. If you really felt some way about it and thought you were being profiled you should of filed a complaint against those officers.

One night I'm driving home from my friends house after playing some Halo. I'm driving perfectly, and there are no issues with my car. Cop pulls me over:
Me:is there a problem officer?
Cop we've heard there have been some disturbances in the area, where have you been?
Me: I was just at my friends house playing some video games
Cop: What is your friends address? (I honestly only know one of my friends street address's cause he lives on right next to me)
Me: I'm not sure... I know the house, but I don't have his street address memorized, I can take you there if you want.
Cop: Is there anything in the car I should know about? do you have any drugs in the car?
Me: (I'm offended at this point) No, there is nothing illegal in the car, you can search it if you want
Cop: are you sure there are no drugs in your car?
Me: (getting pissed) positive
Cop: You know I can call the dogs and they can sniff out any drugs in your car...?
Me: (pissed) Alright then, you know what? let's call the dogs and get this over with. Please, call the dogs. I WANT YOU to call the dogs.
Cop: No no no, it's alright. but why are you giving me attitude? do you have a problem with authority or something?
Me: ...Nah man, you've just implied that I have drugs in my car on several occasions, then you're calling me a liar by saying you can get the dogs here when I just told you I don't have anything.
We talked for a little while longer, but he ended up "letting me off". I'm young-looking, dark, and drive a clunker if that matters

knock on wood, have't been profiled yet.
30t6p3b.gif
cops these days. but really what do you do? exercise your rights and deny a search and risk being another rodney king, or let the search your car and get product planted in your car so they can hit you with the "what is this #@+*?" really, im scared either way. whats the smartest move, or better yet which option has the least probability for resulting in trouble?

I'm white and I was getting angry reading that, there are people out committing serious crimes and these pathetic officers are harassing you only because you're a young black man driving a Mercedes-Benz. If that ever happened to me I would not have handled the situation as well as you did.

got profiled in a benz before it happens

when u have the top down and young.....they write down ur tag to stop u later if they run into you again

You shouldve asked for his badge number. That usually scares them and you couldve reported him

Back
Top Bottom