So... If I'm not attracted to Black women because of their skin color...Am I racist?

I've always been of the belief that there is only one race - the human race.

Ethnicity, nationality, gender, sex, and all that other crap are nothing but labels for complex sets of shared trait sets that are used by academia in highlyspecific studies and journal publications.

Unfortunately, they've been reappropriated by laymen (usually incorrectly, I might add) and have not only had their meanings mixed up, but have also hadadditional and irreverent connotations attached to them.

Originally Posted by SuperAntigen

This is a very perplexing topic to think about. Those of you claiming it's he's not racist clearly have not thought of the actual implications of what he's saying. And those quick to call him racist are forgetting the complexity of the ishhh at hand.

I don't think OP is cross burning, hood wearing racist or anything comparatively so, but do recognize that he's a minor racist in the sense of the word. For those of you that need a refresher course on diction and meaning,

Racism- is prejudice, discrimination, or antagonism directed against someone of a different race because of certain held beliefs.

Realize that OP is discriminating and being antagonistic toward certain females because of something that they have no control over. This would be completely different if you stated that you were un-attracted to certain chicks because of some feature they could control. This is, however, far from such a case. You actively discriminate against black women because of some feature they have no control over--skin color.

Racism deals with "race", and if you're prejudice against a certain class of females because of their race--ummm guess what, you're a racist. You might not be the worst kind there is, but you are one nonetheless. With that said however, we all harbor prejudices against "others" who are "different" from us...so yeah...

There is no certain held belief here though....I'm just not attracted to dark-colored skin. like how some men aren't attracted to small breasts...

and if a man or woman isn't attracted to a black woman's natural hair(curly,afro-like)...and they prefer it conked.....according to your argument, theywould be racist as well...right?

black woman cant control what kind of hair they're born with....

Originally Posted by AllDay AllNight

Originally Posted by Ikaman

"YOU are the exact definition of a blockhead.

The threadstarter is not racist (as far as we can tell)...he just isn't attracted to some women of color. That's not racism. "

" i just don't find dark-skinned women attractive. It's not that they're inferior to other races...but it's something like how some men like big boobs or big butts...It's a physical feature that I'm just not attracted to. "

Thats not racism?? IF THAT AINT RACISM, THEN WHY AINT HE OUTSIDE ASKING THIS QUESTION INSTEAD OF IN FRONT OF HIS SAFE LITTLE COMPUTER SCREEN?? EXACTLY. ITS ONE THING IF YOU DONT LIKE BOOBS, OR FLAT BUTTS BUT WHEN YOU SAY YOU DONT LIKE DARK SKINNED GIRLS, THATS AN ENTIRE RACE DOG. YOU MEAN TO TELL ME THAT IF THE BADDEST CHICK CAME AROUND WITH THE PERFECT PERSONAITY AND THE WHOLE NINE, YOU WOULDNT EVEN GIVE HER A CHANCE CUZ SHE'S BLACK? .. NOT ONLY ARE YOU RACIST, BUT YOU PROBABLY HAVE A BUNCH OF LITTLE INSECURITIES ABOUT BLACK WOMAN, AND POSSIBLY BLACK MEN AS WELL. MY ADVICE, DONT LISTEN TO THESE LITTLE NT DWEEBS TELLIN YOU THAT ITS JUST YOUR "PREFERENCE" .. TAKE TIME TO FIGURE OUT WHAT THE REAL ROOT/CAUSES OF YOUR ISSUE REALLY IS BEFORE YOU ASK NT A RHETORICAL QUESTION LIKE AM I RACIST? IF YOU GOTTA ASK THAT QUESTION, THEN CHANCES ARE YOU ALREADY HAVE UR ANSWER DUDE.
Oh hey, all caps. This must mean that you're real serious.

I understand that you may be angry at the fact that the OP is not sexually attracted to women who have dark skin, I really get that you might be miffed about this.

But you need to understand that you are BELITTLING what racism really is, you are insulting the memory of the brave men and women who fought against their former owners in the hopes of a better life, and you are an unfortunate example of what happens when people think that racism is merely about skin color and not also about long-held prejudices, social constructs, class context, and media portrayal.

Do yourself a favor and shut up. Racism is a lot deeper than one guy deciding not to date black girls.
smile.gif

Originally Posted by I Heart Brooklyn

superantigen, so if he isnt attracted to black females but has BLACK female friends, hes still racist?..make sense when you speak
Racism is a lot deeper than one guy deciding not to date black girl.
quoted for truth, highlighted for emphasis

question for the OP. would you date a dark skinned brazilian or dominican?

to date a woman..I would have to get to know them first...

them being dark-skinned would lessen the chances of me getting to know them, because I wouldn't try to get to know them, because I'm not physicallyattracted to them...

am I making sense here?

im not racist if you don't find a certain type of girl attractive that's your preference. i find lighter,Hispanic,white girls more attractive butI'm not ruling dark skinned girls out by a long shot just most of them aren't attractive to me

Originally Posted by I Heart Brooklyn

superantigen, so if he isnt attracted to black females but has BLACK female friends, hes still racist?..make sense when you speak
Racism is a lot deeper than one guy deciding not to date black girl.
quoted for truth, highlighted for emphasis

question for the OP. would you date a dark skinned brazilian or dominican?

imo I think skin color shouldnt have to be taken under any other consideration than any other physical trait...eye color, hair color, height, weight, etc, etc.

the fact that we have to qualify it under a seperate category is an implicit extension of racism itself.....the fact that the question is even raised and weall attempt to address it with our own personal sentiments and judgements of "race" speaks more to the conditioning and programming we've come toaccept as reality.

Originally Posted by AllDay AllNight

Racism is a lot deeper than one guy deciding not to date black girls.
Truth. I don't date white girls I just bang 'em out every now and then for fun. That don't make me racist though.

Man all I am say is do you...it really doesn't matter what other people perceive you to be.

If you don't like dark skinned black girls, then do you.

Right now I am on my snow bunny/Latina/mix females phase
pimp.gif
... But !%+% Iguess I am racist too because I haven't really being going at the black girls (light or dark) to hard since I got out of high school, and I am black.
laugh.gif

How can it be racist? We're talking about who YOU are attracted to. If you said I don't like black women as people because of their skin color thenthat'd be racist.

I do find it weird though I got this light skin friend who finds all dark skin Nubian queens to be ugly. I happen to go off how the chick looks overall, skincolor aint a big deal for me.

[table][tr][td][/td] [td]

The threadstarter is not racist (as far as we can tell)...he just isn't attracted to some women of color. That's not racism. "

" i just don't find dark-skinned women attractive. It's not that they're inferior to other races...but it's something like how some men like big boobs or big butts...It's a physical feature that I'm just not attracted to. "

Thats not racism?? IF THAT AINT RACISM, THEN WHY AINT HE OUTSIDE ASKING THIS QUESTION INSTEAD OF IN FRONT OF HIS SAFE LITTLE COMPUTER SCREEN?? EXACTLY. ITS ONE THING IF YOU DONT LIKE BOOBS, OR FLAT BUTTS BUT WHEN YOU SAY YOU DONT LIKE DARK SKINNED GIRLS, THATS AN ENTIRE RACE DOG. YOU MEAN TO TELL ME THAT IF THE BADDEST CHICK CAME AROUND WITH THE PERFECT PERSONAITY AND THE WHOLE NINE, YOU WOULDNT EVEN GIVE HER A CHANCE CUZ SHE'S BLACK? .. NOT ONLY ARE YOU RACIST, BUT YOU PROBABLY HAVE A BUNCH OF LITTLE INSECURITIES ABOUT BLACK WOMAN, AND POSSIBLY BLACK MEN AS WELL. MY ADVICE, DONT LISTEN TO THESE LITTLE NT DWEEBS TELLIN YOU THAT ITS JUST YOUR "PREFERENCE" .. TAKE TIME TO FIGURE OUT WHAT THE REAL ROOT/CAUSES OF YOUR ISSUE REALLY IS BEFORE YOU ASK NT A RHETORICAL QUESTION LIKE AM I RACIST? IF YOU GOTTA ASK THAT QUESTION, THEN CHANCES ARE YOU ALREADY HAVE UR ANSWER DUDE.
Ikawoman, get a hold of yourself and learn how to quote. he is not racist, he just have a visual preference when it comes to relations with a female. how does him noting liking black females affect you?

Ikawoman? what are you 5? . it dont affect me at all...but ur boy asked the question to the public so obviously he should expect to get public replies.. So if i say i aint attracted white girls, but give no further rationale as to why, or any other reason other than the color of her skin that aint racism? thats a preference?????? if i say i dont like honda's thats a preference. if i say i dont like reeboks, thats a preference... but to say that you dont like black women isnt a preference anymore becuase now ur dealing with a whole race of humans. he didnt say he dont like black woman because they stole his bike when he was a kid, he specifically said "because of their skin color..." and gave no firther explanation making him a racist. its a harsh word to use, but thats exactly what he is. i aint got no problem wit the threadstarter. it was an honest question and he got an honest answer. my sociology prof. would have a field day with you brooklyn.

Oh hey, all caps. This must mean that you're real serious.

I understand that you may be angry at the fact that the OP is not sexually attracted to women who have dark skin, I really get that you might be miffed about this.

But you need to understand that you are BELITTLING what racism really is, you are insulting the memory of the brave men and women who fought against their former owners in the hopes of a better life, and you are an unfortunate example of what happens when people think that racism is merely about skin color and not also about long-held prejudices, social constructs, class context, and media portrayal.

Do yourself a favor and shut up. Racism is a lot deeper than one guy deciding not to date black girl.

You're slower than you think. Racism is multi-faceted and not liking black girls because you aint into dark skinned woman are the beginnings of such racism. especially when he gives no rationale.. slavery began when people noticed physical differences between each other and labeled one as dominant and the other inferior. It started with that physical COLOR difference though... and if ol boy dont like black women because of their skin... then he's actually as racist as they get. "Racism is a lot deeper than one guy deciding not to date black girl." Racism is alot deeper than ONE GUY deciding not to date a black girl but that just means that this ONE GUY is racist. he didnt ask if it was against social constructs not to like dark-skinned girls, he didnt ask if it was socially correct or acceptable.. he asked if it was racist, and the answer is hell yeah. i dont care if he dont like black girls if he got a reason not to like em, but to say that you dont like em just because you aint a fan of the skin color is completely racist.
[/td] [/tr][/table]

let me ask you something if a girl says "how come you don't like me"

and your response is "because you're black"

that's not racist? ok if not racism it's discrimination, prejudice, somethin cot damnit
laugh.gif

but seriously I wouldn't deny a chick just because of her skin color if she's attractive then she's attractive
mad.gif

Originally Posted by Its That Dude

Originally Posted by SuperAntigen

This is a very perplexing topic to think about. Those of you claiming it's he's not racist clearly have not thought of the actual implications of what he's saying. And those quick to call him racist are forgetting the complexity of the ishhh at hand.

I don't think OP is cross burning, hood wearing racist or anything comparatively so, but do recognize that he's a minor racist in the sense of the word. For those of you that need a refresher course on diction and meaning,

Racism- is prejudice, discrimination, or antagonism directed against someone of a different race because of certain held beliefs.

Realize that OP is discriminating and being antagonistic toward certain females because of something that they have no control over. This would be completely different if you stated that you were un-attracted to certain chicks because of some feature they could control. This is, however, far from such a case. You actively discriminate against black women because of some feature they have no control over--skin color.

Racism deals with "race", and if you're prejudice against a certain class of females because of their race--ummm guess what, you're a racist. You might not be the worst kind there is, but you are one nonetheless. With that said however, we all harbor prejudices against "others" who are "different" from us...so yeah...

There is no certain held belief here though....I'm just not attracted to dark-colored skin. like how some men aren't attracted to small breasts...

and if a man or woman isn't attracted to a black woman's natural hair(curly,afro-like)...and they prefer it conked.....according to your argument, they would be racist as well...right?

black woman cant control what kind of hair they're born with....
I believe there is a certain held belief here .

Most are taught at a very young age <4 that lighter skin is more attractive .

There's no way you can tell me that Lauren London , Beyonce , Halle Berry ... any of those women are ugly because of their skin color .

no your are not racist its just something you dont like
dont listen to all the people telling you otherwise
you do you and if you dont like black women dont date them

Originally Posted by BTonNT

the fact that the question is even raised and we all attempt to address it with our own personal sentiments and judgements of "race" speaks more to the conditioning and programming we've come to accept as reality.

Interesting.

The fact is that today, many people run scared when it comes to being called racist because race-baiters - those who are actually keeping racism alive - arelooking for any opportunity they can to throw the word around to destroy people.

Racism is out there, sure, but not on the mass scale that people who play the race card would like you to believe. Most people are just trying to live theirlife.

Im not attracted to dark skin chicks ethier , but i dont hate them as people and im not racist

Back
Top Bottom