So if Lebron wins tonight, what person in all of sports will be under the most pressure to win now?

Originally Posted by LDJ

Originally Posted by DubA169

In what world is Stockton considered better than isiah or magic? And I hate isiah

Championships matter when talking about all time greatness. In basketball especially because it's the easiest sport for one player to make an impact.
tons of ppl say stockton is the best pure pg ever. and lots of ppl think stockton is better then zeke. same as ppl say jerry west was top 5/10 player all time based on rings/fact he is the logo... which further proves my point... ppl throw gameplay and overall skill/talent out the window when rings are involved. So shaq should trump akeem now. Example if tim didnt have the rings he has, he wouldnt be as skilled etc of a player...? If vince carter had rings instead of kobe would he be the better player...? If bynum has more rings then howard is he a better player...? If blake gets one before love is he a better overall player...? So knicks get a ring and that makes melo>durant...

Hell bush has a superbowl ring, why not say bush>barry sanders... or better yet eli>peyton... one thing ive also noticed is how come this need of rings to prove validity is emphasized faaaaaaaaaaar more on black athletes then any other race? Hell pistol pete is considered one of the best a first time hof, yet avg lackluster stats, and how many rings again... yet a player like iverson...
Eli > Peyton

Blee dat.

Well right now, it would have to be Melo. He'll never get a rjng though because he always has an excuse, he just needs to shut up and play.

Originally Posted by FlacoBey

Originally Posted by buggz05

Originally Posted by MBen32

sooo, when can the Durant "no ring" slander begin?

Stupid.
If people want to consider Durant the 1st or 2nd best player in the league then the pressure will be on him to win a championship pretty soon

I was saying it's stupid because it's too early for that. Lebron went to the finals twice with two different teams and lost, and that's what really started the "no ring" slander. However, I'm all for the Durant "no ring" slander. It should have started a month ago.

Originally Posted by swooshallday

just a thought...san diego sports media is relax or else p rivers would have a lot of pressure. his draft peers, manning and roethlisberger both each have 2 super bowl wins.

This is true. SD media is kool-aid.  National media doesn't go easy on the Chargers though.. 

Originally Posted by FlacoBey

Stupid.
If people want to consider Durant the 1st or 2nd best player in the league then the pressure will be on him to win a championship pretty soon

I was saying it's stupid because it's too early for that. Lebron went to the finals twice with two different teams and lost, and that's what really started the "no ring" slander. However, I'm all for the Durant "no ring" slander. It should have started a month ago.
It's dumb because Durant and guys like Melo never guaranteed anything or fell into the media hype, calling themselves King or Chosen 1, etc.....they are just regular players. Melo will only feel pressure from NYers because the fans are hungry, but anybody who comes here will feel pressure only if they do not perform.
People are trying to force the issue now, Lebron brought it onto himself so the pressure was that much greater.

Originally Posted by dreClark

He should have never let people put that "King" and "Chosen one" label on him.

Yea... it's totally other people that put that on him. It's not like he has a "Chosen One" or crown tattoos.

Originally Posted by 6dollaBURGER

Yea... it's totally other people that put that on him. It's not like he has a "Chosen One" or crown tattoos.
So I guess the SI cover saying he was the chosen one (before the tattoo) and the Nike "King" marketing once he inked the Nike deal never happened then.

You right.

So I guess the SI cover saying he was the chosen one (before the tattoo) and the Nike "King" marketing once he inked the Nike deal never happened then.

You right.
Yea. Then he 'had' to get the tattoos. Pretty much cuz the people made him. 
Sure, the media and public may have just opened the door by calling him King and Chosen One, but Lebron didn't just 'let' them do that - he accepted it and embraced it. It does not matter which came first, he perpetuated it to the fullest. Not only with the ink, but with antics like "Decision" and the guarantees.  

Uhhhh, I guess there is a difference between letting someone do something and accepting it. But w/e, don't really matter

It seems like Skip really doesn't have anything to say, and he's legitimately trolling now, cause what he says about Lebron now
is just irrelevant and obvious stuff.

I think bron gets a pass for a year but in the 2013-14 season hes gunna have to win another if he doesn't repeat.

My disdain for LBJ developed when he 1st came into the league and people started calling him the greatest to ever play and MJ had just hung the sneakers up for good. I felt by people anointing LBJ the greatest that soon bascically crapped on MJ's career. Lebron totally feed into that and became arrogant and entitled. Him falling short in the past was vindicatiion.

You right.
Yea. Then he 'had' to get the tattoos. Pretty much cuz the people made him. 
Sure, the media and public may have just opened the door by calling him King and Chosen One, but Lebron didn't just 'let' them do that - he accepted it and embraced it. It does not matter which came first, he perpetuated it to the fullest. Not only with the ink, but with antics like "Decision" and the guarantees.  
So it's cool for the media to partake in said antics but not LeBron himself?

Take today for instance, ESPN held a special on LeBron James' first ring hosted by Stephan A. Smith & Skip Bayless. These are the two guys who been heavily vocal about LeBron's decision yet they are hosting their own LeBron centered special. But LeBron can't host one himself? He's selfish and such if he does. Can't let people profit off of you.

Back
Top Bottom