So I'm 18 and have no idea how a car works ..

I would really like to get into cars, and i have searched the internet and tried car forums but it seems way to advanced for me. I want to be able to do basiccar tune ups and eventually get into "hooking" it up. I know in the future it can also save a lot of money when my car has troubles. Anybody have anyadvice where to start? I'm not looking to pay a lot of money, maybe buy a book or two. Just looking to get help at a very basic level. Maybe someone canlead me to a site with free subscription to some car magazines. Thanks in advance NT.

Originally Posted by Air Bonilla 23

Work at Autozone. I learned more about cars in 3 months there than I did in 18 years of life...

I was trying to get in there, but they never called me back. I could really use the experience and discount.

Not knowing how to tune up your car at 18 is nothing to be ashamed about dude.

Work at Autozone. I learned more about cars in 3 months there than I did in 18 years of life...

Do you need previous experience with autotech?

Originally Posted by dland24

Not knowing how to tune up your car at 18 is nothing to be ashamed about dude.

I think this is sarcasm and but i will answer as if it is not. My pops wasn't into cars and my uncle who is lives back in Jersey(i live in Las Vegas).Never had any friends who were into cars and when I eventually started driving, I had a good paying job so if anything happened I would just take it to theshop, or car warranty would cover it. I'm not ashamed, but with a girlfriend, moving out, more responsibilities anything to save a couple dollars in theupcoming years will be very good. Now I'm eventually trying to get my manliness on and work on cars:lol:

Originally Posted by Da Infamous Jay

http://www.carbibles.com/

This is
pimp.gif
thank you.

Originally Posted by ATLien Seeko

Air Bonilla 23 wrote:

I was trying to get in there, but they never called me back. I could really use the experience and discount.

It's a great job. I just %!*$## up with being late all the time so they fired me.
smh.gif

Originally Posted by ATLien Seeko

Air Bonilla 23 wrote:

It's a great job. I just %!*$## up with being late all the time so they fired me.
smh.gif

That sucks. I'm gonna try some other locations...

I have no %#%%$%* idea.

Honestly, I don't even care.
laugh.gif

As long as it gets me from point A to point B, I'm good.

Get a chilton guide for your car 1st. Then go and buy some car magazines/books
and READ. Seriously man, more people just need to read.

This was realtalk

work with mechanics, most of my freinds are machanics or racers. lol

they taught me , plus books internet got me up on my knowledge

work at a gas station with everyone working their and the owner under 30 with a shop, all we do is car and women talk .. hit the bar after work lool
pimp.gif

Back
Top Bottom