So Jay-Z may have made $50 million from Ace of Spades...

Pool full of Jellyfish in here
30t6p3b.gif

Originally Posted by usainboltisfast

Originally Posted by Kingtre

it's pointless to argue but for you to say he is or isn't a good business man with no type of background is silly-

the fact is he is consistently on top of the forbes list and is rapidly approaching 1 billion - he's doing something right - i dont know Jay-z to say he is great at this or that, maybe he has a great team behind him...BUT you cant say is just marketability because from early on they woulda sold themselves out to whatever label wanted to sign them and market them...instead from day one they had the hustler spirit and grind and became bosses not workers (i.e. Nas)

any business man will tell you that not EVERY product will be a smash hit...you try things, adjust then try again...if your gonna count his failures then count how many failed Microsoft products come out or how apple failed with the tablet the 1st time around...again the argument is just silly
Tiger woods makes more than Jay-Z so is he a better business person? No both of these guys are entertainers and are MARKETABLE and get endorsements the average business man isnt making most of his money off endorsements. You can say the same thing about Micheal Jordan another person who made millions just for being marketable (which came from being the best ball player).
Tiger Woods is an athlete son.

how many actual ADS do we see featuring Jay-Z? zero. at least, I'VE never seen one.

He's definitely been in ads before. These are just a few.

The way some of you talk you'd think you were on that man's payroll.

Who gives a +*@% how much he has, it has nothing to do with you

Originally Posted by moneymike88

it's pointless to argue but for you to say he is or isn't a good business man with no type of background is silly-

the fact is he is consistently on top of the forbes list and is rapidly approaching 1 billion - he's doing something right - i dont know Jay-z to say he is great at this or that, maybe he has a great team behind him...BUT you cant say is just marketability because from early on they woulda sold themselves out to whatever label wanted to sign them and market them...instead from day one they had the hustler spirit and grind and became bosses not workers (i.e. Nas)

any business man will tell you that not EVERY product will be a smash hit...you try things, adjust then try again...if your gonna count his failures then count how many failed Microsoft products come out or how apple failed with the tablet the 1st time around...again the argument is just silly
Tiger woods makes more than Jay-Z so is he a better business person? No both of these guys are entertainers and are MARKETABLE and get endorsements the average business man isnt making most of his money off endorsements. You can say the same thing about Micheal Jordan another person who made millions just for being marketable (which came from being the best ball player).
Tiger Woods is an athlete son.

athletes are entertainers son...i gotta agree with what usain bolt is saying...but instead of bieber, you should use miley cyrus as an example
and 
roll.gif
 at those of you saying bieber can't pull in jay-z number's

Snoop is marketable and has his hands on many things, but he aint even close to seeing Jay-Z money.

There are thousands of entertainers that we've seen come and go, plenty of athletes as well, all of who could be 'marketable'. But only few really have long staying power. To try to discredit Jay-Z for being able to control that marketability is really discrediting what he has achieved in contrast to what others were unable to, given the same opportunities, whether or not they were created for them or if they were unable to create them for themselves.

so... if he turned down the deal.... thats being a good busniess man?

to me being a good busniess man is creating opportunities for yourself.

how many actual ADS do we see featuring Jay-Z? zero. at least, I'VE never seen one.
He's definitely been in ads before. These are just a few.

think that was my quote or maybe someone else said it too - but it was referring to Ace of Spades ADs....not ads in general which is what you posted

Who gives a +*@% how much he has, it has nothing to do with you
laugh.gif
wrong thread...again maybe its turning into that but the og talks in here were about business...you could take out jayz and substitute it for donald trump - it had nothing to do with how much money he has or doesnt have....

Originally Posted by ohdannyboy

and 
roll.gif
 at those of you saying bieber can't pull in jay-z number's

you right, he's passing on that gap in millions of dollars out of.........laziness

eyes.gif

look, if bieber, or cyrus, or whatever other entertainer you wanna use COULD make more money, THEY WOULD MAKE MORE MONEY

roll.gif

"oh, 50 million to endorse this product? im good."

that's unrealistic, sir.

Snoop is marketable and has his hands on many things, but he aint even close to seeing Jay-Z money.

exactly.

Originally Posted by MECKS

so... if he turned down the deal.... thats being a good busniess man?

to me being a good busniess man is creating opportunities for yourself.
Of course a good business person is opprotunistic but Jay-z business sense is overrated. Look at how he failed at Def Jam, look at Roc Nation this big time companys are just using him for his image he is just a spokesperson. Big difference between people wanting your business sense or just wanting your image.

Of course a good business person is opprotunistic but Jay-z business sense is overrated. Look at how he failed at Def Jam, look at Roc Nation this big time companys are just using him for his image he is just a spokesperson. Big difference between people wanting your business sense or just wanting your image.

that's ONE "failure", why didnt you mention the closing of the 40/40 clubs, too?

def jam is failing, not JUST jay z. and i'd venture to say, his signings did more for the label than signings before...

i can't find any stats on it, but i mean, wasnt he responsible for jeezy? i hate jeezy, but yall love him...

it's just funny yall claim "any celeb can do it", yet, NONE OF THEM HAVE DONE IT

then, point out one failure in dude's entire life of winning, like, "SEE? HE CANT DO THAT, SEE?"

bottom line; if you can make more money, you would. you wouldnt "pass" on more money. the only reason ANYBODY on the planets doesnt make as much money as they COULD is because they CANT....

be it illegal or impossible.....

roll.gif
@ the idea of ANYBODY turning down the potential to make more money

Originally Posted by LarryDavidSwag

that's ONE "failure", why didnt you mention the closing of the 40/40 clubs, too?

def jam is failing, not JUST jay z. and i'd venture to say, his signings did more for the label than signings before...

i can't find any stats on it, but i mean, wasnt he responsible for jeezy? i hate jeezy, but yall love him...

it's just funny yall claim "any celeb can do it", yet, NONE OF THEM HAVE DONE IT

then, point out one failure in dude's entire life of winning, like, "SEE? HE CANT DO THAT, SEE?"

bottom line; if you can make more money, you would. you wouldnt "pass" on more money. the only reason ANYBODY on the planets doesnt make as much money as they COULD is because they CANT....

be it illegal or impossible.....

roll.gif
@ the idea of ANYBODY turning down the potential to make more money
When did I say he should of turned it down? I didnt say that i am responding to people who believe Jay-z is this suit and tie business man. He i just an entertainer capitalizing on his star power nothing more nothing less. Kim Kardashian is doing the same.

LOL, so why is kim making severely less than jay?

if they're doing the exact same thing, why isn't she in forbes?

lemme guess, he's had more time?

LOL

i dont care what you say; comparing jay-z's successes to those of kim kardashian shows the hate in your heart, sir.

you may not even know you have it; you're comparing a black dude from the slums WHO WAS LISTED IN forbes to a broad who made her entire family famous from taking brandy's lil brother's pipe on camera....

#stopit5

someone please acknowledge why justin bieber DOESNT make jay-z money, when he can?  

When did I say he should of turned it down?
you're confused. why would justin bieber turn down any opportunity to make jay's money?

i mean, you say that he CAN make that sort of money, because his name and face sell the products, right?

so why isnt he making that sort of money? he OBVIOUSLY must be making a DECISION to NOT make that much money, since he CAN make that much money, correct?

so why doesnt he do it?

answer me that.

LOL, so why is kim making severely less than jay?

if they're doing the exact same thing, why isn't she in forbes?

lemme guess, he's had more time?

LOL

i dont care what you say; comparing jay-z's successes to those of kim kardashian shows the hate in your heart, sir.

you may not even know you have it; you're comparing a black dude from the slums WHO WAS LISTED IN forbes to a broad who made her entire family famous from taking brandy's lil brother's pipe on camera....

#stopit5

someone please acknowledge why justin bieber DOESNT make jay-z money, when he can?  

When did I say he should of turned it down?
you're confused. why would justin bieber turn down any opportunity to make jay's money?

i mean, you say that he CAN make that sort of money, because his name and face sell the products, right?

so why isnt he making that sort of money? he OBVIOUSLY must be making a DECISION to NOT make that much money, since he CAN make that much money, correct?

so why doesnt he do it?

answer me that.
You are missing the point of most of my points there is a difference between being BUSINESS MAN and being an ENDORSER. Thats why he is equivalent to Bieber and Kim Kardashian they do basically the same thing. Their fortunes are based of their celebrity and not anything else what dont you get? Oh I get it you really think Jay-Z is really the gimmick he portrays . BTW why was Tiger Woods making more than Jay-Z?

LarryDavidSwag wrote:someone please acknowledge why justin bieber DOESNT make jay-z money, when he can?  

i dont know what the whole argument is but bieber is like 17 and just came out recently

You are missing the point of most of my points there is a difference between being BUSINESS MAN and being an ENDORSER. Thats why he is equivalent to Bieber and Kim Kardashian they do basically the same thing. Their fortunes are based of their celebrity and not anything else what dont you get? Oh I get it you really think Jay-Z is really the gimmick he portrays . BTW why was Tiger Woods making more than Jay-Z?

in addition to the 4 million dollar purses he won 6 and 7 times a year? how about the 500 milli nike endorsement? wasnt it like 500? how many millions were his nike, gatorade and golf endorsements? now that tiger woods, who was an ENDORSER, NOT A BUSINESS MAN WHO OWNED STAKE IN THE COMPANIES HE WAS INVOLVED IN, isn't popular anymore, how much money is he pulling in now? does he still make more than the gimmick celeb jay-z? i think not. Maybe if he owned stake in these companies endorsing him, he wouldnt have lost so much revenue.....but no, he was an endorsement....gatorade and nike dropped him. Ace of Spades, the Nets, etc. can't "drop" jay-z....

he may endorse to a degree, but its just because he found out, "hey, if i own these things i endorse, i can make more money"

which is much different from doing 5 hr enegry commercials or trimspa commercials, saying "it surely worked for me"

you're confused.

if its his celebrity, why did roc nation and the 40/40 clubs fail? you attribute THAT to his level of business skill, yet, you attribute his great and vast successes to his celebrity.

how about the initial deal he signed, where def jam owned a minority, no masters, and strictly distributed?

i guess he got that deal off his celebrity....
eyes.gif

how about when roc-a-fella broke up, he pressed dame for his masters, dame refused, so he cut dame out, and took full ownership....i guess his celebrity did that, too?

eyes.gif

YOU STILL WONT ADDRESS MY COUNTERARGUMENT

IF JUSTIN BIEBER, OR ANY OTHER CELEBRITY, FOR THAT MATTER, COULD MAKE THIS SORT OF MONEY, WHY DONT THEY?

why are kim and justin leaving 100 million on the table?

in addition to the 4 million dollar purses he won 6 and 7 times a year? how about the 500 milli nike endorsement? wasnt it like 500? how many millions were his nike, gatorade and golf endorsements? now that tiger woods, who was an ENDORSER, NOT A BUSINESS MAN WHO OWNED STAKE IN THE COMPANIES HE WAS INVOLVED IN, isn't popular anymore, how much money is he pulling in now? does he still make more than the gimmick celeb jay-z? i think not. Maybe if he owned stake in these companies endorsing him, he wouldnt have lost so much revenue.....but no, he was an endorsement....gatorade and nike dropped him. Ace of Spades, the Nets, etc. can't "drop" jay-z....

he may endorse to a degree, but its just because he found out, "hey, if i own these things i endorse, i can make more money"

which is much different from doing 5 hr enegry commercials or trimspa commercials, saying "it surely worked for me"

you're confused.

if its his celebrity, why did roc nation and the 40/40 clubs fail? you attribute THAT to his level of business skill, yet, you attribute his great and vast successes to his celebrity.

how about the initial deal he signed, where def jam owned a minority, no masters, and strictly distributed?

i guess he got that deal off his celebrity....
eyes.gif

how about when roc-a-fella broke up, he pressed dame for his masters, dame refused, so he cut dame out, and took full ownership....i guess his celebrity did that, too?

eyes.gif

YOU STILL WONT ADDRESS MY COUNTERARGUMENT

IF JUSTIN BIEBER, OR ANY OTHER CELEBRITY, FOR THAT MATTER, COULD MAKE THIS SORT OF MONEY, WHY DONT THEY?

why are kim and justin leaving 100 million on the table?

Justin Bieber and many other celebrities dont make as much as jay-z because their brand is new. Biebers image is only what 2 years old compared to Jay-z image which has been in the media for what 15 years. Trust me if Bieber continues his success he will make WAY more than Jay-Z. Ace of Spades cant drop Jay-Z? what ownership does he have in the company? Of course the Nets cant drop Jay-z he owns PART of the ownership. You know who else owns part of a crappy team? The Williams Sisters do you think they are high level business people?

You are missing the point of actually operating a business and being a successful business person rather than just making money off these endorsement deals.

Justin Bieber and many other celebrities dont make as much as jay-z because their brand is new. Biebers image is only what 2 years old compared to Jay-z image which has been in the media for what 15 years. Trust me if Bieber continues his success he will make WAY more than Jay-Z. Ace of Spades cant drop Jay-Z? what ownership does he have in the company? Of course the Nets cant drop Jay-z he owns PART of the ownership. You know who else owns part of a crappy team? The Williams Sisters do you think they are high level business people?

You are missing the point of actually operating a business and being a successful business person rather than just making money off these endorsement deals.

yeah, i already guessed that line of logic beforehand. his brand is new? looks like he CANT MAKE JAY Z MONEY THEN, CAN HE?

HIS BRAND IS TOO NEW, SO NO, HE CANT MAKE JAY Z MONEY

and you are missing the point of these not being endorsement deals.

compared to Jay-z image which has been in the media for what 15 years

roll.gif
, people didn't know jay z until he made "hard knock life" and "can i get a..." and still, it took "h to the izzo" to even crossover completely. You make it seem like jay-z has been this huge personality since 96....FOH

jay endorsed iceberg. saw that they profited off him namedropping and wearing them, yet, he wasnt given an endorsement deal. so he thought "why wear and promote someone else's brand? lets do rocawear"

THAT WASNT A BUSINESS DECISION HE MADE, THO

eyes.gif

he basically continued that in facet he involves himself with. "im not making anybody any money unless i got a percent in it"

that's business.

Kim Kardashian doesnt have that business sense

being that he's, what, 15? bieber doesnt have it either.

Trust me if Bieber continues his success he will make WAY more than Jay-Z.
such a !%*%+!% statement. look, in 2001, if allen iverson continued his success he'd be WAY BETTER than jordan....
indifferent.gif

fact remains, bieber CANT make jay z money, cause he DOESNT make jay z money. if he COULD make jay z money he WOULD make jay z money. you said so yourself, his brand is too new to make jay z money. PERIOD.

like i said, you take his failure and attribute it to bad business sense....yet, his numerous successes, which outweigh his failures, are attributed to his celebrity.

again, the hate in your heart for jay z shows when you say him and kim kardashian are the same, business-wise...

when she's collecting vh1 reality show money and he's in forbes....

laugh.gif
yall need to just call each other...

dude is clearly wrong...but you or anybody else is not going to change his opinion - he doesn't understand the basic fundamental difference between endorsing and actually conducting business- or maybe he does but just likes to stick with his argument and beat it to death

laugh.gif
@ kim kardashian...if anything her moms is the business person there...she takes all the offers and decides whats what and goes from there...kim just shows ups and sits in hair and make up for 4 hours then gets hers pictures taken or films her commercial  - at least thats how it was..maybe she has evolved...i haven't paid much attention - still a silly comparison

Back
Top Bottom