So Nas Wrote "Gettin Jiggy With It"? What other songs are out there that you wouldn't guess?

i kno sparks wrote the I just wanna love you hook...but c'mon...o & sparks wrote the whole damn song...
smh.gif

I think NaS wrote that 50 Cent diss for Diddy. Had it on a Big Mike tape from 06/07.
It was the hardest I ever heard son spit, and u could hear that flow all in the song.

I think NaS wrote that 50 Cent diss for Diddy. Had it on a Big Mike tape from 06/07.
It was the hardest I ever heard son spit, and u could hear that flow all in the song.

nearly every artist out has outside help, whether it be ideas from producers, a&r's, engineers, studio tag-alongers, members of the entourage, etc. there's usually a lot of creative submission during any recording process. but i think it's important to separate creative input from actual ghostwriting.
  • jay ghostwrote "still d.r.e." and "the watcher".
  • "hate it or love it", "this is how we do", and "westside story" were all originally 50 cent records. 
  • rhymefest co-wrote "jesus walks".
  • static major wrote the hook and bridge, and nothing else, on "lollipop".
  • sparks is credited with the hook on "i just wanna love you" and his vocals are even featured on the song.
  • gillie mentored wayne during recording sessions in philadelphia for the carter album, where "fireman" was recorded. however, he isn't credited with actually penning any specific verses.

nearly every artist out has outside help, whether it be ideas from producers, a&r's, engineers, studio tag-alongers, members of the entourage, etc. there's usually a lot of creative submission during any recording process. but i think it's important to separate creative input from actual ghostwriting.
  • jay ghostwrote "still d.r.e." and "the watcher".
  • "hate it or love it", "this is how we do", and "westside story" were all originally 50 cent records. 
  • rhymefest co-wrote "jesus walks".
  • static major wrote the hook and bridge, and nothing else, on "lollipop".
  • sparks is credited with the hook on "i just wanna love you" and his vocals are even featured on the song.
  • gillie mentored wayne during recording sessions in philadelphia for the carter album, where "fireman" was recorded. however, he isn't credited with actually penning any specific verses.

Isnt it also safe to say that Wayne stole a lot of Currensy's style during the Sqad/Early YM days? Like '02-'05?

Isnt it also safe to say that Wayne stole a lot of Currensy's style during the Sqad/Early YM days? Like '02-'05?

Originally Posted by jupiterjaywall

Originally Posted by cartune

cartune wrote:

TI wrote for Bow Wow and Lil Wayne

Gillie wrote some of Carter 1

Rhymefest wrote Jesus Walks
No sir.. Wayne and TIP wrote for Bow Wow.

I really want proof Gillie did that.. I mean Gillie's style is more like the Current Wayne than C1 Wayne imo. 

Alot of people say this , must be true .

Didnt Consequence write Street Lights ? 

Shannell co-wrote Prom Queen .

Static cowrote/wrote most of Lollipop .

As for the Kia Shine dude he didnt write any of Best I Ever Had.

Drake sampled a line Wayne said in a song he produced and got credit for it .

Shannell wrote alot of Rebirth actually.

Short Dawg wrote for Bow Wow .
TI DID write for Wayne during the time he wasnt so popular Im sure tip had nothing to do with Carter 3. But wayne had a career before Carter 1. For example TI wrote weezy's verse on hardball and some other joints he wrote that song bow wow did with birdman a while back.
Gillie influenced Wayne. writing for someone doesnt mean he or she handed the artist a paper and said rap this. Bouncing ideas creating hooks, creating 3rd verses or the first 4 bars is considered writing because that person should be credited for it. Ghostwriting falls under the same principles but ghostwriters dont get credit because they want it a secret or the artist wants full credit. But the ghostwriter gets like $20,000 on up to shut the hell up. 

I mean I know Wayne had a completely different style before Carter 1 , but its something about that style that doesnt seem like T.I. coulda wrote .
Im not saying you lying , but its just a lil hard to believe for me .

As for Gillie , I mean I can see a lil philly style influenced in C1 Wayne , but I'd really like to know what exactly Gillie did  . Cause alot of artist in the studio bounce ideas and bars and hooks to each other . 

Kanye wrote "Find Your Love".

laugh.gif

cartune wrote:

I really want proof Gillie did that.. I mean Gillie's style is more like the Current Wayne than C1 Wayne imo. 

TI DID write for Wayne during the time he wasnt so popular Im sure tip had nothing to do with Carter 3. But wayne had a career before Carter 1. For example TI wrote weezy's verse on hardball and some other joints he wrote that song bow wow did with birdman a while back.
Gillie influenced Wayne. writing for someone doesnt mean he or she handed the artist a paper and said rap this. Bouncing ideas creating hooks, creating 3rd verses or the first 4 bars is considered writing because that person should be credited for it. Ghostwriting falls under the same principles but ghostwriters dont get credit because they want it a secret or the artist wants full credit. But the ghostwriter gets like $20,000 on up to shut the hell up. 

I mean I know Wayne had a completely different style before Carter 1 , but its something about that style that doesnt seem like T.I. coulda wrote .

As for Gillie , I mean I can see a lil philly style influenced in C1 Wayne , but I'd really like to know what exactly Gillie did  . Cause alot of artist in the studio bounce ideas and bars and hooks to each other . 

laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Quincy Powell

cartune wrote:

laugh.gif

Find Your Love

Produced by: Kanye West
Co-produced by: No ID & Jeff Bhasker
Noah "40" Shebib: "We were in Hawaii with Kanye. He wrote it and Drake wrote a lot of it as well. They went back and forth with that. There were two studios, and ’Ye was downstairs in one room running his session for his album, and we were upstairs in our session running 'Find Your Love,' and we would pop back and forth. [It was] one session. We almost record everything in one session, maybe two. We used to kill it back in the day when we had time and that was our only focus.

"[Kanye] had scratch references. I think the hook was in place. I believe Rihanna had a version of it as well, but as far as when it came to us, it was just ’Ye in the session. When we were in those sessions in Hawaii, we were doing our own thing. I think we took what ’Ye had, made a few adjustments, added this and that, went back to him, discussed a few lines, moved this and that, and then they cut it."

Originally Posted by Quincy Powell

cartune wrote:

laugh.gif

Find Your Love

Produced by: Kanye West
Co-produced by: No ID & Jeff Bhasker
Noah "40" Shebib: "We were in Hawaii with Kanye. He wrote it and Drake wrote a lot of it as well. They went back and forth with that. There were two studios, and ’Ye was downstairs in one room running his session for his album, and we were upstairs in our session running 'Find Your Love,' and we would pop back and forth. [It was] one session. We almost record everything in one session, maybe two. We used to kill it back in the day when we had time and that was our only focus.

"[Kanye] had scratch references. I think the hook was in place. I believe Rihanna had a version of it as well, but as far as when it came to us, it was just ’Ye in the session. When we were in those sessions in Hawaii, we were doing our own thing. I think we took what ’Ye had, made a few adjustments, added this and that, went back to him, discussed a few lines, moved this and that, and then they cut it."

So Kanye is writing songs for others when he doesn't write some of his own music?

Only reason I find this funny. It's odd.

So Kanye is writing songs for others when he doesn't write some of his own music?

Only reason I find this funny. It's odd.

Ja Rule wrote Amil verse on "Can I get a"
Biggie wrote Jumior Mafia's album
Jay-Z and Nas both wrote for Foxy Brown
Jay-Z wrote Memphis Bleek verse on "Coming of Age"

Ja Rule wrote Amil verse on "Can I get a"
Biggie wrote Jumior Mafia's album
Jay-Z and Nas both wrote for Foxy Brown
Jay-Z wrote Memphis Bleek verse on "Coming of Age"

Back
Top Bottom