So Nike has 'Banned' Midnight Releases, Pre-Selling, and Pre-Ordering....LOL

Originally Posted by digital022

Originally Posted by ccastro02

It's a subsidiary man. Similar to what lexus is toyota. 

laugh.gif

Then he had the nerve to say "What am i the smartest person on NT?"

And he bolded "make enough shoes to go around"
How is he not on Nike's marketing team?
roll.gif

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Originally Posted by Lubu1

Originally Posted by Franco23x

Or just have a 2-3 days with a pre-order period where can pay your shoes off or put money down (kinda like buying a video game) Then the store gets x amount of pairs and if people don't get the pick up their shoe send them back or put them on sale.

Solved

Still wont be fair at all. Not everybody got time to be doing pre orders.

Have Jordan and Nike release shoes a year in advance show pictures and everything then if you decide to buy you can pre-order up until a month or so?

Originally Posted by Spookz312

If its Nike that banned it what does that have to do with Jordan Brand ?

6 pages and nobody sees this JB and Nike are 2 diffrent companys ? What am i the smartest person on NT? 

and +$#$ all the ides how to end the madness we all know there only 1 thing that would work and thats make enough shoes to go around.. JB stop playing games.
You serious bro?
roll.gif

...make enough shoes to go around"... produce more/sell more thats the only solution IF they wanted to help out the customers and not there pocket marketing or not

Digital over here reaching for lulz quit giggling behind your computer like a little schoolgirl sit your #*@ down and shut up like a good little girl
laugh.gif
'

ive actually got credentials in marketing  so really you just make yourself out to sound like even more of a %!@
3440489_o.gif

It seems that Nike cant keep up with the demand right now is this really why they've made this change?  Also Nike should be worrying about bigger and better things then this because if I was Air Randy boy would I have a greedy grin on my face right now. 

Originally Posted by youngcurse

It seems that Nike cant keep up with the demand right now is this really why they've made this change?  Also Nike should be worrying about bigger and better things then this because if I was Air Randy boy would I have a greedy grin on my face right now. 
Nike can keep up with demand
laugh.gif
its a Multi Billion dollar company
laugh.gif

they just dont like being in the wrong eye of the consumer, with news outlets saying all that @**@ about nike during the concord release and galaxy one, nike had to "step" in and act like they "cared"
laugh.gif

the molds of all their shoes are already made so it shouldn't be hard. Materials are cheap as well so they can't argue about the bottom line since pricing is up while quality is decreasing.

They can only regulate big chains like Footlocker and the such, but Mom & Pop's can still do whatever they please.

LOL at people saying "Nike should make more shoes" so everyone can get them....Nike doesnt want everyone to get the limited shoes....They want you to miss out on them so that for next months big limited release, they make sure you will go crazy and try to get that one too, and this cycle has continued over and over for the past 5-10 years......

If all of these limited shoes had an endless supply and went on sale, everyone would say they were wack and there would be no hype for the next release......

Sure Nike could make more money short term by increasing production on Concords and stuff like that, but they are thinking long term, not short term.....

Obviously their long term strategy with this gameplan has worked perfectly, they are not going to change anything, they are just trying to alleviate any bad press from the problems that occur during the releases.....

Originally Posted by BigLescobar

LOL at people saying "Nike should make more shoes" so everyone can get them....Nike doesnt want everyone to get the limited shoes....They want you to miss out on them so that for next months big limited release, they make sure you will go crazy and try to get that one too, and this cycle has continued over and over for the past 5-10 years......

If all of these limited shoes had an endless supply and went on sale, everyone would say they were wack and there would be no hype for the next release......

Can't believe no one has realized this, this is the truth. Sure Nike could make more money short term by increasing production on Concords and stuff like that, but they are thinking long term, not short term.....

Obviously their long term strategy with this gameplan has worked perfectly, they are not going to change anything, they are just trying to alleviate any bad press from the problems that occur during the releases.....

Sure Nike could make more money short term by increasing production on Concords and stuff like that, but they are thinking long term, not short term.....

QFFT

This must have happened this week. I got the playoffs xiis for my homeboy last Wednesday. The places I get shoes from will continue to sell as soon as the shoes are gotten of the truck. 

True, they may not want you to get every limited shoe, but its the fact that  EVERY shoe is "limited" there's not even any awe factor about a "limited shoe" anymore because they're ALL "limited". There's basically no such thing as a general release anymore, basically no middle ground lately. The Chicago X's were "limited" couldnt cop? Moved on to the white cement IV's, couldnt cop? Move on to the next "limited" shoe The white/red XIV were "quickstrikes" couldn't cop? Prepare for the next "limited shoe" Stores barley getting a FSR? One pair of each size? Add that with employees holding a pair here and there and the store doesn't even have your size before they open the gate. I'm no marketing wiz but decreased quality+decrease the amount of pairs made creating hype+ $160 price tag for EVERY shoe+ every release being this way=Win for Nike

Don't know if this has been asked or answered yet, but does this ban
also stop stores from opening earlier than their regular time for releases or is
it just midnight releases?

BIGL is 100% right, and considering Nike is a billion dollar company they know what they're doing.

all I know is I know there are a bunch of older heads that would pay a premium to have jordans that look and feel like the OGs at any point or annually.
I'd pay up to $250 for black/red 13s that are made of real leather, cement 4s that don't look like children toys and have Nike Air on the back.

I don't know why Jordan stopped the "BIN" line when they all sold out including those horrendous VIIs

^ Probably a break to make the price hike more bearable. They're about to drop elite brons and Kobe's for 200 and 250. If the bin series continues, I can see them hitting dudes over the head for 300.

Originally Posted by ohboydanny

^ Probably a break to make the price hike more bearable. They're about to drop elite brons and Kobe's for 200 and 250. If the bin series continues, I can see them hitting dudes over the head for 300.
there were rumors of a "Jordan brand" store to open in NYC like a niketown where they would have a bit more Jordans like how JB athletes can get any sneaker whenever they want.
wonder what happened to that

nerd.gif
nerd.gif
nerd.gif

Originally Posted by ricky409

...make enough shoes to go around"... produce more/sell more thats the only solution IF they wanted to help out the customers and not there pocket marketing or not

Digital over here reaching for lulz quit giggling behind your computer like a little schoolgirl sit your #*@ down and shut up like a good little girl
laugh.gif
'

ive actually got credentials in marketing  so really you just make yourself out to sound like even more of a %!@
3440489_o.gif

slow your lame +*+ down bruh thirsty for some internet lulz trying to flame... your a success on NT bruh congrats your dong it other boys are sitting behind there laptop saying Ricky409 is so funny hehe you win now relax .....
laugh.gif

bored +*+ kid comeon now nothing has got $#!@ to do with you but you come out of nowhere reaching hard as hell for lulz....your a lame thats empty in real life bruh your nothing point blank.....

iHustle
BrotherFereal

And all the other internet legends $+%* outta here with yall disrespectful #!+@!!++ trying to Flame on some1 yall are funny guys

You funnys guys you stay WINNING on niketalk keep on pushin man keep on workin mad props to you all on your e fame meanwhile ill keep doing real life winning

good luck out in the real world kids
laugh.gif

That's really all this is about.

Good post.

Originally Posted by 504 D1 Prospect

Originally Posted by fly23s

I guess we won't see those fat dudes asking about sneaker history anymore.

I'm lenient and cool with everyone. However, I despise those dudes in that vid.
hopefully we see them in a better shape tho
roll.gif

Back
Top Bottom