So Nike has 'Banned' Midnight Releases, Pre-Selling, and Pre-Ordering....LOL

this should eliminate the junior reseller swine, now just to work on the higher volume reseller pigs. raffles will do nothing but cause riots with the goons around mall walkers.

I hate to be the dude that wins a raffle and watches every goon cracking their knuckles at him
laugh.gif

Like someone said, just make more pairs , problem solved ...

Nike/JB need to hold a seminar for store managers to teach them how to handle "hyped" releases.

These stores need to figure out an effective (not raffles) way to eliminate the mad dash just to line up in front of the store(s).

I wish releases were like this.

Originally Posted by Wade187

Stores getting re-stocks=eliminates non sense. I'm sure everyone has noticed that any release that people are lining up it's just a bunch of dudes buying multiples to sell. That's the only real hype that builds around a shoe. Dude's went crazy for the summit lake lebrons, restocks calmed that down real quick. If this happened more often, dudes would second guess about buying 5 pairs to resell, less madness on release date, and nike can keep raping pockets rather than re sellers simply buying out every pair and trying to get there molestation in too. 

/Thread

Originally Posted by AEA18

Nike/JB need to hold a seminar for store managers to teach them how to handle "hyped" releases.

These stores need to figure out an effective (not raffles) way to eliminate the mad dash just to line up in front of the store(s).

[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]I had to check the actual video page [/color]
laugh.gif
[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)] .. Figured this couldn't be in the States[/color]
eek.gif
pimp.gif

[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]And Wade187 hit the nail on the head.[/color]

Originally Posted by Patrick Bateman

Originally Posted by AEA18

[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]I had to check the actual video page [/color]
laugh.gif
[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)] .. Figured this couldn't be in the States[/color]
eek.gif
pimp.gif

It's in Hawaii tho.

Good. Pre-orders are one of the biggest things I disagree with. I work at Finish Line, and if I hear word on the street a store is doing it like Champs or another FNL, I snitch on them cuz it's not right.

Originally Posted by JJ Jumpman 23

Originally Posted by UrN0tLike

Next step is to stop camping. This empty chair bull @!%% has to go.

Its not that easy.  If you "ban" camping, expect a full on madman sprint into FLs,FNLs, ect. as soon as they open. Would get messy.  People will be waiting in and buy their car
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
+@%# it.  Im fast as +%+@ and 85% of people camping are fat nerds.  Ill walk briskly and still get there first. 

Truth is though, just stop making 500 pairs or sneakers you know people want and cut back on making a million pairs of sneakers like air max griffey fury.

Originally Posted by zapatohead408

nike don't give a damn. They really want to stop it? Produce more pairs!

Precisely.  This is just a PR move by Nike.. .nothing more nothing less. 

Originally Posted by Zyzz

Originally Posted by SolexSup

This changes nothing
laugh.gif

exactly, that just means bigger, longer, and angrier lines earlier in the morning
30t6p3b.gif

plus nike cant control all stores, some will still break the rules like always

Like I said in the nike forum. Nike can dead things if they wont. Footlocker has already been stripped of their Jordan and AF1s accounts in the past and my local mom n pop shop just went out of business cause nike closed their account for pre-sales. Nike doesn't need FL/Finishline. They can sell their own stuff on their own retail locations. 
The only thing Nike has to do is....MAKE MORE. 

Originally Posted by Wade187

Originally Posted by balloonoboy

Or they could stop this limited nonsense.

Less than one FSR per state. Really Nike?
laugh.gif
30t6p3b.gif
Or they can go back to the quick strike method with no set release date, and also do the one per customer thing 

Quick strike and per customer
pimp.gif
Honestly it's all these dudes buying and re selling. I used to be able to walk into any show store and walk out with a pair of any shoe the day or 2 days after release... Now I can't even walk in 10 minutes after opening
sick.gif

Originally Posted by Space DooDoo Pistols

this should eliminate the junior reseller swine, now just to work on the higher volume reseller pigs. raffles will do nothing but cause riots with the goons around mall walkers.
Ya'll delusional if you think Nike want to eliminate resellers. Didn't someone say that some of the most visited sites on the campus include NT and EBAY? 
I wonder why?
The way I see it, resellers help them know how much money consumers are willing to drop for their products in a way that focus groups could never tell. Have someone (or something) gather all available transaction info from Ebay and the other site's marketplace over a certain period of time, evaluate the data, and adjust your prices accordingly. 

Truth is though, just stop making 500 pairs or sneakers you know people want and cut back on making a million pairs of sneakers like air max griffey fury.
Thats it, right there. Just stop the hype and making everything worth talking about limited.

Originally Posted by LimitedRetroOG

Good. Pre-orders are one of the biggest things I disagree with. I work at Finish Line, and if I hear word on the street a store is doing it like Champs or another FNL, I snitch on them cuz it's not right.

How exactly is it wrong? You pay for the shoe, come sometime after the release to pick it up. Eliminates line ups, potential fights, and it makes the release a lot less stressful for the store.

Originally Posted by Tr1ll

Thats it, right there. Just stop the hype and making everything worth talking about limited.

This makes zero business sense.

Back
Top Bottom