So Nike has 'Banned' Midnight Releases, Pre-Selling, and Pre-Ordering....LOL

^^

It aint rocket science why Nike wont make more, but its just human nature for people to ask for more.

Like dude said, seems every shoe is limited these days.......they could throw us a bone once in awhile.

Originally Posted by Spookz312

Originally Posted by ricky409

3440489_o.gif

slow your lame +*+ down bruh thirsty for some internet lulz trying to flame... your a success on NT bruh congrats your dong it other boys are sitting behind there laptop saying Ricky409 is so funny hehe you win now relax .....
laugh.gif

bored +*+ kid comeon now nothing has got $#!@ to do with you but you come out of nowhere reaching hard as hell for lulz....your a lame thats empty in real life bruh your nothing point blank.....

iHustle
BrotherFereal

And all the other internet legends $+%* outta here with yall disrespectful #!+@!!++ trying to Flame on some1 yall are funny guys

You funnys guys you stay WINNING on niketalk keep on pushin man keep on workin mad props to you all on your e fame meanwhile ill keep doing real life winning

good luck out in the real world kids
laugh.gif

famb... you started calling people out, acting like you had the "golden idea". you showed your initial ignorance by claiming "nike and jordan are different!"
grin.gif
 you told me to relax, but its not that hard to Google "sit ya dumb $#$ down", copy and paste it over in this forum. I'd be glad to have a legitimate debate if you keep the name calling out.
also, you didnt say anything that justified your stance.

i have a BBA - Marketing so this is right down my ally. Not saying my degree means i'm certified to talk about it, but it helps my credibility just a tad.

for starters, lets ask a few questions.

1. what exactly are your "credentials" in marketing since you have so much knowledge?

2. what do you do in the "real world"?

next up the shoes. You dont think Nike has smart people in their team? and even then, its not that hard to figure out. Nike has an EXCELLENT business model b/c they are one of the few corporations in which the Marketing department and Finance departments work together, and have equal importance and respect for each other. You're in the marketing field, so yo should know how these branches normally dont get along.

Now these midnight releases are carefully planned and pinpointed in the right place at the right time. They create a demand, and a brand recognition for those shoes. They price them just high enough to where its acceptable by the consumer for the value, but not too high to where people feel its not worth it (the reason, coupled with the reducing value of the dollar, is why shoe prices go up but the product quality decreases). 

Look at the Galaxy Foambs... people CLOWNED me for rocking the Copper Foambs in 09... but those same people were beasting over the galaxies. why? b/c over the past 3 years, the foambs value has been built up thru celebrity endorsements, sneaker forums, and CAREFUL RELEASE DATES/LIMITED QUANTITIES. (how many foamposite commercials have you seen?)

Lets look at why they picked the foamposite to do all this. There's been a growth of the "sneakerhead" culture. the one thing a young sneakerhead wants to be is considered an original collector. Original collectors look at Foambs like a holy grail type shoe. except for the east coast, you could EASILY walk in a cop these shoes. Since 2009, the explosion is due to CAREFUL MARKETING TACTICS, making wannabe sneakerheads feel left out b/c they didnt have it the shoes they once considered wack. its a domino effect from there when they bring back an OG color, and everyone sees pics from 2001 posted up by the OGs... og pics make new heads jealous, and to guarantee their pair, they get there earlier.. and earlier... and earlier..

Guarantee there's going to be a VERY general Foamb release, and they will COMPLETELY sell out b/c people miss out on the Galaxies... Release The hype also lets them charge $15 to get the socks to go w/ the shoes.

To be real, these "midnight releases" are only directed at a small percentage of net sales from Nike. You think they give any dambs about a kid's safety on a late night release. if anything, it ENHANCES the allure of those shoes because people are willing to risk their lives for it.

my experience: like i said, i have a degree in Marketing, and worked at a top 10 Footaction in the country where Nike folks brought samples thru ALL THE TIME... my manager was cool w/ alot of higher ups in the research and development branch of the company, so i seen some of this from a distance.

cliffs:

1. nike doesnt care about folks getting trampled or being in danger. 

2. it raises their mystique.

3. you started name calling for no reason.

4. release dates are just for hype. it doesnt account for much value in the bigger picture quantitatively. 

nerd.gif
nerd.gif

Looks like they're going to try some Twitter DM plan at all NikeTowns. I'd like to see this work, and I wish I had a local NT. I wonder how this will translate if they push other major stores to stop presales/midnight releases. I know my local mom and pop stores don't even have blogs much less twitters or someone manning the account to filter through the BS and sort who gets what.

Originally Posted by DiPlOmAt TDOt

No more midnight releases online either.

lebeo.png
So now I don't have to stay up until 2/3 am waiting for your raggedy %%% servers to be refreshed after they crash almost every release I have to wake up like i'm going to an 8 A.M class?! Did I read that right!?

Wait, so Nike thinks by changing the hour of the release that it's going to change anything?

^ It actually does. Now dudes are gonna be forced to choose whether or not they'll cop online or from a brick and mortar. Before, dudes could cop online and then in person.

ipad hustle will be strong in line

this won't change much for consumers
but it will cause a lot of people who work on saturdays to call in and burn sick days

Originally Posted by yeerp

ipad hustle will be strong in line

this won't change much for consumers
but it will cause a lot of people who work on saturdays to call in and burn sick days

THIS and because of this servers will still crash and dudes on the east coast will be the only one's really having this problem. 

Back
Top Bottom