So Niketalk, i plan on joining the Army tomorrow..Is it a bad idea?

i just got out 4 months ago (other than honorable discharge).....mayne the army succed for me......if ur built for it and i dont mean physically then u will dofine....it is not hard like people say...i just couldnt have nobody tellin me what to do 24 hours a day i wiled out once i started gettin in trouble i neverstopped i failed 4 piss tests, fought a lot etc...the rules is mad OD....but theres a lot of benefits and itll set ur life on the rite tracc forsure....thegurls jocc u hard too.... if u gon do it mayne just put ur all into it for ur whole time and ull succeed....speak up always try to be the leader etc....goodluck mayne....

Santana/SAS version
pimp.gif

Its your choice, but I'd look at the Navy/Air Force before you commit.

Originally Posted by youngwill500

I plan on signing up to serve our country tomorrow, although we are fighting such a stupid war... that is besides the point to me..i feel like it would be the right thing to do.. to serve my country.... is this a bad idea? i have yet to break the news to my parents...its going to kill my mom..
ohwell.gif
No it's not a bad idea at all.
However of course it's not for everyone.
Serving your country is a VERY honorable thing. I come from a long family history that has been in the Army.
Join the Army or the Marines (brother's in the Marines, those dudes are BAD
pimp.gif
)

army is for losers

go marines or air force

dont even flame me, this is what ive been told by cats WHO ARE IN THE SERVICE.

army is for cats who dont know what they wanna do or just aint score high enuff on the testing

Originally Posted by youngwill500

I plan on signing up to serve our country tomorrow, although we are fighting such a stupid war... that is besides the point to me..i feel like it would be the right thing to do.. to serve my country.... is this a bad idea? i have yet to break the news to my parents...its going to kill my mom..
ohwell.gif

Not a bad idea at all, you will be serving our country. If you handle your business your education will be paid for as well.

my boy just came home yesterday for 12 days off. He said that if somehow Mccain wins, he has a nice deal for the army and their families. So more money will beshelled your way! good luck bro. Lookin back i wish i would have inlisted in 04

if you are going to do it make sure you get the exact job (MOS) you are looking for...i would advise you to go into a job that will allow a smooth transitioninto the workforce like 25B or something. Military Intelligence is a good one too. Most importantly make sure you get a secret to Top Secret Clearance. Tellthem you aint going in unless you get all of those thing and you will put yourself in great position to do damage in 3-6 years unless you plan on staying in. Iwas in the Army a few years back and I made sure that I had all of those things and now I am in position to go overseas to work as a military contractor andmake well over 250k per yr. Since I will be there for 1.5 yrs I will make a well over 375k before I touch US soil again.

Please tell me this has nothing to do with your girl breaking up with you. I don't think it's worth it

If this what you really want to do, then by all means go for it. But like it has been said already, the Air Force might be a better look. I'm joining theair force if this my girl don't get this abortion...

IMO, i think you should wait 'til the presidential race is over. the winner could very well determine if it's worth it or not. peacetime militaryservice is supposedly a lot more chill than wartime...and you definitely do not want to be fighting your entire service (if McCain wins). so good luck to youbut i say give it some time.

for people who say join the air force ....dude mention he wanted to serve his country..not sit around all day in an air wing and wait for the chow truck toswing by....

btw... USMC > ARMY

LEATHER NECK HOLLAAA!!
happy.gif

Honestly... i wouldnt consider joining the armed forces until after this election... maybe even til next year after Bush is completely out of the whitehouse

Originally Posted by fraij da 5 11

Honestly... i wouldnt consider joining the armed forces until after this election... maybe even til next year after Bush is completely out of the whitehouse

eh, it wouldnt make much of a different if he joins now or a year from now, its still gonna be a while before the troops get sent home...and if they do decideto sent troops home from iraq and afghan within a year from now....military persence still gonna be there....units we be deploy on 6 month deployments....if hereally wanna join, i suggest milking the bonuses from ur recruiter getting whatever u can get from them
wink.gif
, there pretty much hurtin for new recruits now....

Back
Top Bottom