So now Carmelo Anthony isn't top 5 in the league?

Originally Posted by Cyber Smoke

Originally Posted by 10027

Kevin Durant's non clutchness and passive attitude got him eliminated by the Mavs
I'd love to see the Knicks win with Melo right now, but I am very skeptical.
Look at the chemistry and attitude of that Thunder team.  Look at what Durant said about Westbrook when the media was getting on him for taking too many shots and supposedly saying he was "better than Durant" (said Westbrook was his man and he was tired of people trying to break up their team).  

Now look at how the Nuggets reacted when Melo got traded.  Silence, not a tear shed (Karl could hardly contain himself, and the team had one of the best runs it's had in years).  Look at what Melo tweeted when the Knicks drafted Shumpert...  The guy is an anti-leader.  It's a good thing we have Amare.

Russel Westbrook has Kevin Durant by the balls he does what ever he wants to and the "leader" of the team can't stop it. Last postseason when Russel was getting scrutinized for "shooting too much" Durant as a leader and the #1 guy on the team should have took over put his foot down instead of that in crucial playoff games he told Russel numerous times to "keep on shooting" and "take over". Even though he was taking bad shots while Durant just camped at the 3 point line because his jumper wasn't falling. That in my opinion is throwing him under the bus knowing he's getting heavily scrutinized you tell him to keep chucking so you can protect your image and project the blame on him ? That $#@! is corny b
You're talking about one game, man.  The biggest stage this young guy's ever been on and he was given a chance to throw his teammate under the bus and he didn't...  When your teammate who's a big scorer is shooting bad, you tell him to keep going, that's just how it is and I think it was the right thing to do (and yeah, I think Westbrook lost them that series).  Maybe Durant should have gotten on him but he's a young guy and he's still learning.  That's the first time his leadership has been anything short of unimpeachable.
He also led his team to the WC Finals in their second year in the playoffs and they're now a favorite to win the West next year.  I don't know if you watched those Melo Iverson teams, but when Melo thought he was losing he straight up gave up, every time.  They never grew or built any continuity.  The guys around him never got better or smarter...  He certainly never taught J.R. Smith how to play basketball.
I know Melo has some kind of appeal for some people because he seems "tough", (like, he's not tough on the court or anything but basically he's a **** to people).  But you know what, Melo can change and my opinion of him could change.  Amare was never known as a leader in Phoenix and I don't think I've ever seen someone change so fast and put a young team on his back like he did last year.

Maybe I'm just a hater.  But I think Melo is a loser.  

Dude is talented is hell but HE IS A BALL STOP. He ruins any flow of offense. Doesn't play D. Top 5? Son he isn't even Top 10-15.

And why are Knicks fans always high on their own supply. This isn't directed towards OP but SOME of the knicks fans on this board. THEY GOT SWEPT by an aging Boston Celtics team last year. And you think the addition of Tyson Chandler will have a big impact? The last time I laughed so hard was when people thought Kendrick Perkins was going to be the missing link for the Thunder.

arrjae2 is one of the few Knicks fans I've seen keep it real on this board

Originally Posted by RetroSan

the level of disrespect in here thread is abysmal
30t6p3b.gif

game on line, Melo>>> (Excluding that Celtic playoff series
30t6p3b.gif
)

Isolation, Melo>>>
Exactly...dudes in here disrespecting the hell out of Melo like he aint put in work in the league...I dont even care for dude but he is clutch...

This whole KD bandwagon thing is getting out of hand.

Originally Posted by bhzmafia14

Originally Posted by University of Nike

Originally Posted by DubA169

People need to stop bringing up the playoffs as some truth. Chauncey and amare were injured for the majority of the series. Plus the celts got some ridiculously bad calls in game one and two.

Carmelo was 9 of 34 (26%) combined in games 1 and 3. Those damn refs and bad calls!
what about the 3 of 14 (21%) that Durant shot in a possible close out game?
what about Durant shooting a combined 0-13 from downtown in Games 2 and 3 in the WCF?

He's a nice guy .

Originally Posted by af1 1982

And why are Knicks fans always high on their own supply.

No one will ever know. Seriously, they haven't won ##%* since the 70's and every year they do this. Just point and laugh.

it's cuz kd dropped 60 at the rucker park...and all of sudden skip bayless think hes the best player.

what an idiot

kd and melo are very similar.

kd is a jump shooter and he will never bring his post game to another level.

and nevermind his passing skills.

People need to stop bringing up the playoffs as some truth. Chauncey and amare were injured for the majority of the series. Plus the celts got some ridiculously bad calls in game one and two.

Carmelo was 9 of 34 (26%) combined in games 1 and 3. Those damn refs and bad calls!
what about Durant shooting a combined 0-13 from downtown in Games 2 and 3 in the WCF?

I don't remember - was this before or after he @@%* all over the Memphis Grizzlies? I can't seem to recall.

Melo, AI, T-Mac... Consistently among the most disrespected players on NT every single year.

Dude is talented is hell but HE IS A BALL STOP. He ruins any flow of offense. Doesn't play D. Top 5? Son he isn't even Top 10-15.

And why are Knicks fans always high on their own supply. This isn't directed towards OP but SOME of the knicks fans on this board. THEY GOT SWEPT by an aging Boston Celtics team last year. And you think the addition of Tyson Chandler will have a big impact? The last time I laughed so hard was when people thought Kendrick Perkins was going to be the missing link for the Thunder.

You do know Amar'e and Chauncey were both injured or out most of that series, right? We don't think Tyson alone is going to make that much of a difference, we think Tyson along with a 'full' season together and health (knock on wood) will.

He's a nice guy .
Attitude matters.  It's not about being nice, it's about being a smart teammate.
I can't shake the feeling that 8 years ago you wouldve been going just as hard defending Marbury.

Originally Posted by HarlemToTheBronx

You do know Amar'e and Chauncey were both injured or out most of that series, right? We don't think Tyson alone is going to make that much of a difference, we think Tyson along with a 'full' season together and health (knock on wood) will.
I see where you're coming from and I didn't mean to come off as harsh but yeah I do see where you're coming from fam. As stated the post was directed more towards the dudes on here who just slurp the Knicks so much and never keep it real

I don't remember - was this before or after he @@%* all over the Memphis Grizzlies? I can't seem to recall.
It was after the entire Blazer team went into a deep coma.

I see where you're coming from and I didn't mean to come off as harsh but yeah I do see where you're coming from fam. As stated the post was directed more towards the dudes on here who just slurp the Knicks so much and never keep it real

shut the +$## up. some troll made a one sentence thread and all of a sudden knick fans are slurpin Melo? over what? 15 pts in a preseason game?
gtfohwtbs

only conversation in this thread is Chester trolling outrageous.
yall trying too hard when there's really nothing to be said yet on either side.

mediaManager

Originally Posted by HANNSUM

it's cuz kd dropped 60 at the rucker park...and all of sudden skip bayless think hes the best player.

what an idiot

That actually has a lot to do with it.  And this has even more to do with it. 

In todays league either your a high flyer dunking all over the place, shooting 3's or getting off with the ball handling for them to adore you.

Roster Player #7 doesn't fit any of these categories therefore his game isn't appreciated as much as it should be.  When you add that to the fact that he's a ball stopper, the perceived bad attitude, the off the court issues, and coach publicly $+**%$#% on him people tend to underrate him.  He's not bad defensively just lazy and offensively he has as many weapons in his arsenal as anyone you can name.  His ability should really only be compared to Dirk or Kobe with respects to the various amount of ways he can destroy you.

It sickens my daily when i think about him as a fassi.
sick.gif
30t6p3b.gif

I'm done defending him.  Quota filled for the years and years on end.

2010_10_amare12.jpg

Blazers actually won a playoff game, Knicks fan.
laugh.gif

Honestly, out of all the regulars in the Knicks threads, I can't think of anyone who just slurps the Knicks. I don't get why we get such a bad wrap on here. Even this threads premise isn't that absurd.

See: Smoke, Cyber.

Honestly, out of all the regulars in the Knicks threads, I can't think of anyone who just slurps the Knicks. I don't get why we get such a bad wrap on here. Even this threads premise isn't that absurd.

Originally Posted by MrONegative

shut the +$## up. some troll made a one sentence thread and all of a sudden knick fans are slurpin Melo? over what? 15 pts in a preseason game?
gtfohwtbs

only conversation in this thread is Chester trolling outrageous.
yall trying too hard when there's really nothing to be said yet on either side.

All I can do is
laugh.gif
. Did you think I made that post over this thread? I've been seeing this slurpage since Melo and Amare came to NY. And didn't I say that it was directed towards the Knicks fans who are so hype? Obviously you're one of them if you got butthurt over it.
laugh.gif
nice try fam

2010_10_amare12.jpg

laugh.gif

Yea i slurp the knicks because I think if Kevin Durant is considered top 5 Melo should also be. This thread has nothing to do with the New York Knicks b Hop off

did you watch the NBA finals? 
guess lebron is trash

2010_10_amare12.jpg

laugh.gif

What has he said that's so outrageously impossible? Or do you just disagree with his opinion? There's a difference.

Originally Posted by Seymore CAKE

Originally Posted by HANNSUM

what an idiot

That actually has a lot to do with it.  And this has even more to do with it. 

In todays league either your a high flyer dunking all over the place, shooting 3's or getting off with the ball handling for them to adore you.

Roster Player #7 doesn't fit any of these categories therefore his game isn't appreciated as much as it should be.  When you add that to the fact that he's a ball stopper, the perceived bad attitude, the off the court issues, and coach publicly $+**%$#% on him people tend to underrate him.  He's not bad defensively just lazy and offensively he has as many weapons in his arsenal as anyone you can name.  His ability should really only be compared to Dirk or Kobe with respects to the various amount of ways he can destroy you.

It sickens my daily when i think about him as a fassi.
sick.gif
30t6p3b.gif

I'm done defending him.  Quota filled for the years and years on end.

As far as the regular season goes...pooh bear deserved that MV........you're a better man than me.
30t6p3b.gif

2010_10_amare12.jpg

laugh.gif

Yea i slurp the knicks because I think if Kevin Durant is considered top 5 Melo should also be. This thread has nothing to do with the New York Knicks b Hop off

They are identical type of scorers. But KD just has a bigger impact on the game than Melo does. That's why he considered top 5 and Melo isn't. And this is coming from a dude who thinks Melo is the deadliest scorer in the league with the combination of his first step, his size, and pullup

Back
Top Bottom