So now Carmelo Anthony isn't top 5 in the league?

I love the Knicks and Melo
but I don't honestly see him as top 5.

definitely top 10.

1st tier
Kobe, LeBron, Dirk, Wade, KD

2nd tier
D. Rose, Melo, CP3, D Will, D12

BTW pretty sure the OP is a troll or somethin because I remember him making another random knicks thread and the same @!*% happened.

haven't seen him in the NYK thread

people get mad that the knicks can be terrible for 10 years and still get media attention. Plus 1- years of crap and the fans stick around.

I love these threads because they let you know who actually knows what they are talking about and who doesn't.

Looking forward to having some good convos during the season with some of you, and then trolling a lot of the others
laugh.gif

love the Knicks and Melo
but I don't honestly see him as top 5.

definitely top 10.

1st tier
Kobe, LeBron, Dirk, Wade, KD

2nd tier
. Rose, Melo, CP3, D Will, D12

I pretty much agree with this. Although, I would switch D12 and KD. I just think Dwight has proved himself a little more, he has had a longer career as well. I'm sure in a few years KD will have 1 or 2 more scoring titles.

he's definitely right aout advanced statistics. keep that in baseball where it belongs.

Originally Posted by DubA169

he's definitely right aout advanced statistics. keep that in baseball where it belongs.

Wrong. Using a players mid-range percentage when arguing who the more efficient scorer was makes perfect sense. If you can't back up your stuff with more than "LOL MY EYES SEENT IT," then stay out.

Originally Posted by Bigmike23

and here goes this memphis homer with his KD and OKC hate

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Cyber Smoke

According to PER
Kevin Love is a better player than Kobe , CP3, Durant, Westbrook, Rose, and Dirk. 

Actually, PER isn't who the "better" player is - it's who the more "efficient" player is.

And no one was in here using it. They were using mid-range percentages. But hey, whatever works!

Right now I would call Melo the 3rd best SF in the NBA. Forget Top 5 this/that. Rank by position. He is the 3rd best SF.

But sometimes I wonder why certain "arguments" are even entertained. There is no reason this should be 10 pages.

Originally Posted by DubA169

grin.gif

True Shooting Percentage > Field Goal Percentage.

As long as their used in context their good. The people that use PER as the end all be all stat can leap off a bridge though.

Originally Posted by University of Nike

Originally Posted by Cyber Smoke

According to PER
Kevin Love is a better player than Kobe , CP3, Durant, Westbrook, Rose, and Dirk. 

Actually, PER isn't who the "better" player is - it's who the more "efficient" player is.

And no one was in here using it. They were using mid-range percentages. But hey, whatever works!

kid-y-u-no-hop-off.jpg

Aw, how cute, the troll made a meme for me! And to top it off, his fellow homer came in with rolling smileys!

I <3 this thread.

LOL @ still using efficiency. NO ONE BROUGHT PER INTO THIS THREAD EXCEPT YOU.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by University of Nike

Aw, how cute, the troll made a meme for me! And to top it off, his fellow homer came in with rolling smileys!

I <3 this thread.

LOL @ still using efficiency. NO ONE BROUGHT PER INTO THIS THREAD EXCEPT YOU.
laugh.gif

I'm laughing at the overall exchange. Y'all been going back and forth for 10 pages, bro. Let it go.

Don't troll me bro.
indifferent.gif

wait you fools really going off head to head match ups? bhahahahahaha and you wonder why we talk %%!! about knick fans.

Also, what have I said to warrant you labeling me as a 'homer'? Is it because I don't agree with your opinion that KD is a better scorer than Carmelo Anthony? You really have a tough time distinguishing between opinion and fact, huh?

I'm out. Either you're trolling or you really are a moron. Can't tell which one anymore.

I think Melo's lack of progress through the playoffs has hurt him also. There's no way I can be nice and say he's top 5.

My top 5 are players who atleast make it to the Conference Finals..

We said this about Dirk years ago when he couldn't advance in the playoffs
People would be quick to classify him as Top 15 at best...Now he's proved himself, adapted his game, and won a championship because of it. Now many of us have no problem puttin him top 5.

The difference with KD is that he showed up against Kobe and the Lakers couple years ago (that series could have went either way) and got his team to the WCF last year. That's A LOT for a 23 year old.

Now Melo on the otherhand had some bad luck by having to play against the Lakers and the Spurs in the first round of the playoff (who were easily top 5 teams during that 6 yr span)
but still...
with all that being said, I think Melo will play a major role in bringing the Knicks to the Conference Finals

If I does this I'd probably put him in the Top 5 :nthat:

Bigmike23 wrote:
wait you fools really going off head to head match ups? bhahahahahaha and you wonder why we talk %%!! about knick fans.

Back
Top Bottom