So now little boys can grow up to be Miss Universe.

Does it even matter tho? She's going to be competing but you know they're not going to let her win. Everyone should have the right to compete..winning is another thing.

Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican

That wasn't a response to anything I said because we are talking about two different things.

You: Woman so great/big that she dominates other women. So what, she is a woman. She has no other place to go.

That is NOT the same as

Me: Man, becomes woman and is now in a position to compete against women.

Not the same, not even sure how you can make the comparison. One HAS to continue playing with her current sex because the league is for people of her sex.

The other was once another sex and now wants to be included in their new sex.

How is that the same Chill?
Just saying YOU raised the issue of competitive fairness, couldn't that extend beyond gender?
I do get what you're saying and like you said, there is a huge grey area so there isn't much of a precedent for how to 

deal with it.  I just can't reduce the entire issue of gender identity down to just sports competitions

Originally Posted by CashBanks

Originally Posted by Boys Noize

Originally Posted by MonStar1

You overthinking it.  Its a contest for women. period.  Nobody is think less of him/her as a person.  Its just the rules.  Not sure why its so hard to grasp. 

A women can't play in the NFL, NBA, MLB, NHL.  They have there own leagues.  If Kobe chops off his mamba then takes pills and get implants then he can hoop in the WNBA?  Its a competition for a particular gender.  The gender that you were born.   Like I said there's other contest he/she can compete in and there won't be a problem but Miss Universe if for born women. 

What don't you understand?
If that's the case, you'd support her desire to join said competition then, no? Gender and sex are different. We identify sex as male or female. We identify gender as characteristics that describe sex, particularly masculine and feminine. You'd acknowledge there is such a thing as gender identity issues right? If so, you'd also acknowledge that there are people born as male or female but that identify differently as far as gender goes.
To be clear, I don't care about her wanting to join the beauty pageant. I personally think all beauty pageants are ridiculous and cater to the lowest denominator of society. What I do care about is people taking this situation and taking advantage of it as a means to spew their hateful and ignorant ideologies about gender and identity.

And stop with the ridiculous assertions that any old person would willingly go through something as serious as a gender reassignment surgery to play a damn sport or compete in a damn beauty pageant. Absolutely ridiculous argument.
THIS

is whats ruining our society
your born a man your a man end of story aint no $%!*!# in between you feel like a woman fine *%*% guys be gay but this @%+% noooo way
all that identifying with a different gender is *$!***@$ and its creeps like this guy turning themselves into monstrosities that make me scared to raise my children these days
I have no issue with homosexuals not something I endorse but *%*% it what you gunna do but this transgender @%+% is sick and depraved
No, I'll tell you what's ruining society. What's ruining society is bigots like yourself who think that you're somehow superior to others based solely on sexual orientation and gender, and somehow feel it's your right to judge and dictate what another persons life should be like. What's ruining society is the unwillingness to take a walk in someone else's shoes, to have a wider perspective on issues that might not necessarily affect you personally. Just because it's not "normal" to you or affect your life in any way does not mean it's not a real issue affecting real people. What's ruining society is flat out morons ignoring science and psychology and proclaiming something as complex as gender issues as "##*%$$$@". What's ruining society is that a person with gender issues who chooses to take steps toward living the life they feel is right for them is labeled a "monstrosity" and, as an already ostracized group, is further demonized.
Scared to raise your children these days? There's a lot to be worried about in our society but I hardly think transgendered folk are the concern. 

No, I'll tell you what's ruining society. What's ruining society is bigots like yourself who think that you're somehow superior to others based solely on sexual orientation and gender, and somehow feel it's your right to judge and dictate what another persons life should be like. What's ruining society is the unwillingness to take a walk in someone else's shoes, to have a wider perspective on issues that might not necessarily affect you personally. Just because it's not "normal" to you or affect your life in any way does not mean it's not a real issue affecting real people. What's ruining society is flat out morons ignoring science and psychology and proclaiming something as complex as gender issues as "##*%$$$@". What's ruining society is that a person with gender issues who chooses to take steps toward living the life they feel is right for them is labeled a "monstrosity" and, as an already ostracized group, is further demonized.
Scared to raise your children these days? There's a lot to be worried about in our society but I hardly think transgendered folk are the concern.

Word.  Well said. 

i dont know how i feel about this. when i have kids i guess ill be able to form a better opinion.

Back
Top Bottom