So, NT doesn't take people who make writing mistakes seriously?..............Vol_Common mistakes

Well, here's a guide to help those who suffer at English literature. I will point out the most common mistakes that I see NTers make. Correcting these errors may not only improve your writing skills on NT, but it can also help you at your job, at your home, or at your school. You can write better resumes, letters, essays, reports, and etc.

1) their(possession), they're(they are), there(http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/there)...It's amazing how many people still make these mistakes.
your(possession) and you're(you are)
2) The word "Definitely" is NOT spelled "DefinAtely." It has an "i" instead of "a." 50% of posters seem to miss this.
3) Noun-Verb agreement....many people mess up on these.
4) Wrong tense.
5) Run-on sentences and fragments.
6) Double-negatives. "I don't collect shoes no more." (Should be "anymore")
7) Compound subjects. IE: "Me and Jrose bought the shoes."(JRose and I)......"
glasses.gif
Irregular verbs- Past participles.
9) Number agreement. "NTers know those who have a high post count."(Those should agree with post count, so it should be "NTers know those who have high post counts.")
10) Here's an annoying one: Please don't go on Thesaurus.com to look for synonyms to make yourself seem more "grown/professional." If a common word like "annoying" fits into your sentence, don't type something like "vexatious." Just keep it simple.
11) Know when to use adverbs(adding "ly").  IE: "Those shoes are real nice." It should be "Those shoes are really nice."

Well, these are some of the common mistakes that I see posters make. Feel free to chime in if you guys have any others.

Ciao.
happy.gif

Well, here's a guide to help those who suffer at English literature. I will point out the most common mistakes that I see NTers make. Correcting these errors may not only improve your writing skills on NT, but it can also help you at your job, at your home, or at your school. You can write better resumes, letters, essays, reports, and etc.

1) their(possession), they're(they are), there(http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/there)...It's amazing how many people still make these mistakes.
your(possession) and you're(you are)
2) The word "Definitely" is NOT spelled "DefinAtely." It has an "i" instead of "a." 50% of posters seem to miss this.
3) Noun-Verb agreement....many people mess up on these.
4) Wrong tense.
5) Run-on sentences and fragments.
6) Double-negatives. "I don't collect shoes no more." (Should be "anymore")
7) Compound subjects. IE: "Me and Jrose bought the shoes."(JRose and I)......"
glasses.gif
Irregular verbs- Past participles.
9) Number agreement. "NTers know those who have a high post count."(Those should agree with post count, so it should be "NTers know those who have high post counts.")
10) Here's an annoying one: Please don't go on Thesaurus.com to look for synonyms to make yourself seem more "grown/professional." If a common word like "annoying" fits into your sentence, don't type something like "vexatious." Just keep it simple.
11) Know when to use adverbs(adding "ly").  IE: "Those shoes are real nice." It should be "Those shoes are really nice."

Well, these are some of the common mistakes that I see posters make. Feel free to chime in if you guys have any others.

Ciao.
happy.gif

Originally Posted by HITMOLICKS

It's not that serious. Not like were getting graded on each post.

[color= rgb(255, 255, 255)]but it can also help you at your job, at your home, or at your school. You can write better resumes, letters, essays, reports, and etc. [/color]

Originally Posted by HITMOLICKS

It's not that serious. Not like were getting graded on each post.

[color= rgb(255, 255, 255)]but it can also help you at your job, at your home, or at your school. You can write better resumes, letters, essays, reports, and etc. [/color]

Don't forget words in your rules; like "don't."

Don't forget words in your rules; like "don't."

Omelete you finish but I don't need your help with my grammarmals.
I'm a vocabulary criminal.
A grammar fiend.
Step to these real mother effing keys.

Why dis dude trying to skool NT dough?
Were are your credenamals sir?
Quiet impersonating a teacher, that is against the slaw.

Omelete you finish but I don't need your help with my grammarmals.
I'm a vocabulary criminal.
A grammar fiend.
Step to these real mother effing keys.

Why dis dude trying to skool NT dough?
Were are your credenamals sir?
Quiet impersonating a teacher, that is against the slaw.

Originally Posted by Quincy Powell

Where are all these new accounts coming from?
And your account is not "new?"

Dude, you're a "December of 2009" member....you've not even been here for a year, and now, you think you're some "OG head" who goes around asking "Where are all these new accounts coming from?" LMFAO.

And another rule: When you are using quotations, remember to include punctuations inside it.

Back
Top Bottom