so NT whos your NBA player of the decade?

im a huge laker fan and a big kobe fan as well but i would have to put tim duncan as the player of the decade.

consistent, a true superstar, good team player, good leader, and someone who came up big and led his team to the promised land 3 times during the decade.

i put him ahead of kobe because he was more consistent the whole decade from jan 1st 2000 to december 31st 2009.

1.)Duncan
- Team never missed the playoffs
- Undefeated in the Finals

2.) Kobe
- went through a lottery year and rebuilt
- led Kwame and Smush to the playoffs
- played more reg. season games and postseason games than Shaq since the break up

Originally Posted by Mamba MVP

Originally Posted by nycknicks105

It has to be either one of these two guys.

IDK why some of you guys are mentioning Kobe. Dude wasn't even the #1 on his team for half of the decade
laugh.gif
Why do people always say this? Shaq was the best player from 2000-2002. Shaq went ballistic in Finals against Mutumbo, Todd McCollough, and Rik Smits. Kobe played almost as well as Shaq in the rest of those playoffs sans 2000 when he was hurt. The 2003 & 2004 seasons it was Kobe (yes I know they didn't win the title those years).

That's what I've been trying to say, but people obviously have forgotten.

Heat fans don't even consider Shaq their number 1 back when he was on the team...

So, Kobe was number 1 from 2003-2010 for the Lakers... Shaq wasn't even number one for the Heat...How is he the player of the decade?

Let's not even talk about how much Shaq declined from 2006 until now, that's a 4 year span, almost half of the decade. W.e though...

Originally Posted by nycknicks105

It has to be either one of these two guys.

shaq_lakers.jpg

tim_duncan281.jpg

IDK why some of you guys are mentioning Kobe. Dude wasn't even the #1 on his team for half of the decade
laugh.gif
Shaq would get my vote over Tim but I hate Shaq
ohwell.gif

Kobe Bryant. And honestly, its not THAT close. Tim Duncan hasn't been playin at Kobes level for a few years now. And his 1st championship was not this decade

This is like comparing apples to oranges honestly. You really can't go wrong with either Kobe, Shaq, and Duncan. Kobe and Shaq kind of made eachother back when they were winning their championships. They made eachother better and stepped their game up. Tim Duncan hasn't had that STAR player with him since Robinson retired. I can't really give it distinctively to one player. All three of them have had great decades.

the best power forward of ALL-TIME. You can't often say you witnessed the best player at a certain position, OF ALL TIME. FOR A DECADE.

r2jlza.jpg

Tim Duncan then Kobe..

I don't think Shaq can win a title without Kobe for the Lakers. Shaq needed Kobe. Every hero needs a sidekick. For example, Shaq had Wade in Miami. MJ had Pippen. Duncan had Parker/Ginobili/Horry. Hakeem had Drexter.Isiah had Dumar. Moses Malone had Dr. J. Bird had McHale. Abdul-Jabbar had Magic. Magic had Worthy. Enough said.

Shaq would be my first choice if he played extremely well in the last five years (2006 to 2010).

To all the Kobe people...what is your explanation for him over Tim Duncan?

I can understand an "argument" against anyone else but TD.

Me personally,
1. TD
2. Shaq
3. KG
4. Kobe
5. AI/Lebron

I'd go with Tim and then Kobe. They've both been more consistent this decade than Shaq has. Idk how you can say Shaq over any of them...

And I'm not even a fan of Kobe.

Back
Top Bottom