So On The Real, How Did NT "Used To Be"

Last couple years on NT have been pretty eventful.... there was a time about 3-4 yrs back when sht was kind of stale for a minute, but it seems folk have survived the drought.

One thing that comes to mind is that there was pretty much no usuage of gifs back when i joined, but thats a welcome addition
laugh.gif

NT still good for laughs though... Mods/Admin run a tighter ship but there's still plenty of lulz to be had. I think it brought out the creativity in a lot of folks
pimp.gif

I've been a members since late 2000 and, honestly, I find general to be the least changed of all the forums that I've frequented. To me, general has always been mostly threads that don't interest me or just seem silly, punctuated by a few that are really funny or provide great information (or great eye candy). Also, these days I mainly come in to general for the threads on specific topics I'm interested in, like TV shows, movies, etc. Those threads historically have been, and still tend to be, pretty high quality -- relatively speaking. For example, the Lost threads were epic and the Boardwalk Empire one has been very good too.

The biggest difference to me, by far, is in the JB forum. And I don't think the change is so much attributable to a difference in NT users, but to what JB produces and how its marketed. Unfortunately, there's just not as much to get excited about these days.

At the end of the day, changed or not, I still probably spend more time on NT than I probably should. I guess that says something.

I've been a members since late 2000 and, honestly, I find general to be the least changed of all the forums that I've frequented. To me, general has always been mostly threads that don't interest me or just seem silly, punctuated by a few that are really funny or provide great information (or great eye candy). Also, these days I mainly come in to general for the threads on specific topics I'm interested in, like TV shows, movies, etc. Those threads historically have been, and still tend to be, pretty high quality -- relatively speaking. For example, the Lost threads were epic and the Boardwalk Empire one has been very good too.

The biggest difference to me, by far, is in the JB forum. And I don't think the change is so much attributable to a difference in NT users, but to what JB produces and how its marketed. Unfortunately, there's just not as much to get excited about these days.

At the end of the day, changed or not, I still probably spend more time on NT than I probably should. I guess that says something.

Originally Posted by lawdog1

agreed.

Originally Posted by lawdog1

agreed.

I remember back in the day when JJ would post the same pics in phillyhova's neighborhood in every thread lol

I remember back in the day when JJ would post the same pics in phillyhova's neighborhood in every thread lol

Anyone remember Jordan Brand Talk? I use to spaz out on that board because they had no censors
laugh.gif

Anyone remember Jordan Brand Talk? I use to spaz out on that board because they had no censors
laugh.gif

way way way way way way too many damn rules. im afraid to post anything cuz out of fear i might forget one and get the banhammer, lol. it really is that bad, in my opinion anyway. I miss the Nikepark days (1998'+*@) when there was complete mayhem, haha.

way way way way way way too many damn rules. im afraid to post anything cuz out of fear i might forget one and get the banhammer, lol. it really is that bad, in my opinion anyway. I miss the Nikepark days (1998'+*@) when there was complete mayhem, haha.

Things i remember from my years here,

The original Harlem Shake Story (after all the rereads I don't understand why i found it so funny back then)

Cam/Dipset ruled NT Music Forum with a Iron Fist
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Late Night Pron threads
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

That Space Jam dude
30t6p3b.gif

PYP were the stuff of legends
laugh.gif

Jessica Alba was the sexist woman alive.
pimp.gif

Goonies
30t6p3b.gif

Kunta Kenta thread
roll.gif

The incest thread
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Celebrity look alike threads.

Sports Forum being the *#+!
pimp.gif
, gameday threads ain't what they used to be.

The Original Big Booty Thread
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
Cause of that thread I had to say goodbye to Law3000
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Things i remember from my years here,

The original Harlem Shake Story (after all the rereads I don't understand why i found it so funny back then)

Cam/Dipset ruled NT Music Forum with a Iron Fist
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Late Night Pron threads
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

That Space Jam dude
30t6p3b.gif

PYP were the stuff of legends
laugh.gif

Jessica Alba was the sexist woman alive.
pimp.gif

Goonies
30t6p3b.gif

Kunta Kenta thread
roll.gif

The incest thread
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Celebrity look alike threads.

Sports Forum being the *#+!
pimp.gif
, gameday threads ain't what they used to be.

The Original Big Booty Thread
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
Cause of that thread I had to say goodbye to Law3000
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Benz 2001 s600v12

me too
pimp.gif
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Benz 2001 s600v12

me too
pimp.gif
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom