So SneakGeekz cops from Air-Randy? Word?

Originally Posted by UPandCOMING32

^ if AR sells fakes that means Marqueesole also sells Fakes....

nerd.gif
nerd.gif
nerd.gif

yep....pretty much

laugh.gif
@ some of the reasoning for defending this guy.

If you support the guy and whoever he promotes, fine. Thats on you. I'm not trying to convince anyone in either direction, but lets call like it is at the same time.

Duke somehow developed a "passion" in his mid 30's and you guys dont think money is a factor, laughable. His youtube vids and the ads on his website and blog all generate money. But thats not my issue with the guy. I'm all for everyone getting their paper.

I watched some of his early vids when he used to frequent this board regularly when he was coming up and it was apparent son was clueless. I'm not one of those dudes who knows every spec to evry model, but if your going to "review" and I use the term loosely, at least know what "the metal underneath the shoe" is. Dude was called out a few times and clowned and I'm sure that's part of he reason why he doesnt post here as much.

The problem with ppl like him is that younger kids see him and assume because of his age and because he has some early release that he's some sort of og that knows what he's talking about. He creates unnecessary hype while exploiting our culture.

Like I said before, if you support him, cool. But dont turn a blind eye to what he's really doing.

MEMPHIS...sounds like you been hoodwinked a lot by the early release sites...glad you and lot other are wise to the game...If I can't get something in my market I usually shop with Flight Club, Proper in L.A., Skip to my Shoe, or my Nike plug.

Everything you said was the truth point blank period! Retail is always the safe bet...always have...always will be!

The game is not the same anymore...Sneaker Saturdays used to be epic
pimp.gif

I could never understand why people order shoes from overseas anyway. That idea always seemed sketchy to me. I guess after years and years, people finally saw what was going on. I never liked sneek geeks anyway.

Originally Posted by SEND ONE

laugh.gif
@ some of the reasoning for defending this guy.

If you support the guy and whoever he promotes, fine. Thats on you. I'm not trying to convince anyone in either direction, but lets call like it is at the same time.

Duke somehow developed a "passion" in his mid 30's and you guys dont think money is a factor, laughable. His youtube vids and the ads on his website and blog all generate money. But thats not my issue with the guy. I'm all for everyone getting their paper.

I watched some of his early vids when he used to frequent this board regularly when he was coming up and it was apparent son was clueless. I'm not one of those dudes who knows every spec to evry model, but if your going to "review" and I use the term loosely, at least know what "the metal underneath the shoe" is. Dude was called out a few times and clowned and I'm sure that's part of he reason why he doesnt post here as much.

The problem with ppl like him is that younger kids see him and assume because of his age and because he has some early release that he's some sort of og that knows what he's talking about. He creates unnecessary hype while exploiting our culture.

Like I said before, if you support him, cool. But dont turn a blind eye to what he's really doing.

Truth/

Originally Posted by youngj00

Originally Posted by LeClutchJames

Im just happy we get to see the shoes early. i never buy early or from unauthorized retailers but i enjoy the pics.
This.
I remember when he did an interview and said he spent $1500on the Motorsport 6's, only to see them release a couple months later forretail. I LMAO when he said that, but I remember seeing the video and likingthe fact that I got to see more of the shoe. It sucks that he doesn't take thetime to learn more and not buy fakes though.
truths.
dude's been around for a few years now. figured by now he would have extensive knowledge of retros, materials, etc.
his shoe knowledge is a bit reminiscent of the beastmasters i've overheard flappin on release lines in the past. although it's obvious he has much deeper pockets. mind=blown that some of these characters don't even know what they're actually waiting on line for.
it seems like he means well by sharing but as some of you have mentioned, his vids are helping these sites move their garbage because some who are less informed may view him as a legit source for info.

Originally Posted by crup a holic

this guy is such a schmuck...i seen him all over NYC and brooklyn... we clown him every time we see him
hate is great.

everything is banana's to that douche bag..  even if the shoes are real Nike/JB product, which like everybody else I highly doubt that they are, his video was wack as hell..  I don't feel like watching that crap again, but would bet he says banana's at least 25 times..  dude is a wanna be that wants to be "cool" and fit in..  if it works for him than so be it.. be i'll be 
roll.gif
lmao at him the whole time..  

This whole thing about copping sneakers early also makes me question how many fakes are still in circulation within various sneaker marketplaces. Obviously a lot of forum users have been buying from these sites before realizing these spots are moving unauthorized pairs. Once they decide they've gotten their wears out of them, they sell them...these pairs are just bouncing from person to person.

wait did those lime foams have an xi cf bottom
nerd.gif
nerd.gif
nerd.gif

im not into them so im not exactly sure how they should look........

I learned my lesson about AR when my concords came in. Never again will I order early.

Originally Posted by oso23

I learned my lesson about AR when my concords came in. Never again will I order early.

yea them clear toes i got in august after waitin a month for them 2 ship are the worst...i ball n them

Excuse my ignorance (don't post much in Jordan), but if all of these sites aren't legit, why do sites like TheShoeGame, NiceKicks, KixandtheCity reference them while posting pictures of the latest samples and early looks at releases? Are they unaware of whats up with these various sites?

Originally Posted by JD161616

Excuse my ignorance (don't post much in Jordan), but if all of these sites aren't legit, why do sites like TheShoeGame, NiceKicks, KixandtheCity reference them while posting pictures of the latest samples and early looks at releases? Are they unaware of whats up with these various sites?

It's all speculation until Nike decides to do something about it, so it's whatever.  I'll buy on release date.

NOTHING WRONG WITH AN EARLY LOOK IN MY OPINION. PROBLEM COMES IN CHARGING OVER RETAIL FOR THESE FAKE EARLY LOOK PAIRS.

Originally Posted by memphissfinest

NOTHING WRONG WITH AN EARLY LOOK IN MY OPINION. PROBLEM COMES IN CHARGING OVER RETAIL FOR THESE FAKE EARLY LOOK PAIRS.

They reference them because they are providing these sites with pictures....

Originally Posted by rareair45

Originally Posted by memphissfinest

They reference them because they are providing these sites with pictures....

Right...but if they are providing these shoe blogs with watermarked pictures of fake sneakers, that would mean all of these reputable sneaker blogs are posting fakes/variants...therefore promoting sites that push fakes like Air Randy.

I'm asking why reputable sneaker blogs would support them, reference them and post fake sneakers...or if they're not aware in the first place.

Originally Posted by ColdCity

wait did those lime foams have an xi cf bottom
nerd.gif
nerd.gif
nerd.gif

im not into them so im not exactly sure how they should look........
yes it sure doe's!! that's a slap in all are faces that this guys supports fakes or is so asinine he doesn't know what's real or fake, this guy is just a CORN BALL no way around it he just sunk he's own ship
roll.gif
roll.gif

The entire sneaker culture just stinks now. I mean there's no telling how deep the rat hole goes. I'd shudder to think that some of these pairs even get into reputable consignment stores (no fault of their own).

Make a dude think twice before copping from reputable eBay resellers nowadays. It just sucks. Nike needs to start slapping dudes with lawsuits, handing out watermarked certificates of authenticity, specifying the numbers made of every shoe (even GRs) and start shutting down shop on all these chinese websites. Outsourcing to China/overseas needs to stop.
Nothing will happen unless we the consumer become more vocal and start voicing our opinion openly. 

Back
Top Bottom