So StockX got hacked

All they got was your e-mail and hashed password (which was obviously decoded).

If you use the same e-mail and password for banking, buying, services, anything important...damn dudes I know it sucks but you NEED to have different passwords. These ****ers are buying your info and just running it through databases of sites (Paypal, Amazon, Netflix, Apple, banks, insurance, cellphones, streaming, gaming, etc.) looking for open financial information.

Yes it is 100% StockX fault but you need to protect yourself better. At least it wasn't like the Equifax debacle, where 1/3 of the nations REAL sensitive information was stolen. Talking SSN, credit history, tax info...someone could literally create a new "you" and **** your whole life up.

I just had the same email for everything but different passwords.

I was good for over a decade until this stockx bull****

so...just now reading this thread. kinda scared now lol. I should have taken this more seriously but I hardly use stockx...mostly lurk it to view the market rate for certain items i'm going to sell elsewhere. don't log in much and have only sold three or so things on there (although all three are big items like unions, box logo hoodies, etc.) so I don't know if that would make a person want my acct more or not.
smhhhh.

If any of yall have discover credit cards
They offer free credit checks and now they offer to alert you if your email address and passwords are on the dark web. For free too

so...just now reading this thread. kinda scared now lol. I should have taken this more seriously but I hardly use stockx...mostly lurk it to view the market rate for certain items i'm going to sell elsewhere. don't log in much and have only sold three or so things on there (although all three are big items like unions, box logo hoodies, etc.) so I don't know if that would make a person want my acct more or not.
smhhhh.

I’ve only bought 3 pairs of kicks from StockX and was good for a while but in the last week someone had tried to get into my gmail, Hulu, Facebook, and Netflix.

that's wild. yeah I will take this seriously and run a credit check and change my passwords to everything. I've shared my Netflix password to fam, some of which doesn't live in the u.s. so when I get notifications of ppl logging in I don't pay attention but I def need to open those emails.

They tried to change shipping
Then order
Prolly woulda went through
If they didn’t change order address
And just chilled at my house to scoop

CECF260D-C838-4E0E-9168-9BCFF365CD16.jpeg
2C6886E9-CA2F-40EC-B8E0-C372A344C4DB.png
F69CE6C3-01FD-40AF-84BC-A80FCC7F1A7D.png

Back
Top Bottom