So this is how y'all ship shoes now huh?

I hate people who ship like that... the box is part of your purchase period... give neutral feedback

and btw if it was priority shipped then the tape was free

Last edited:
I have gotten boxes like this before (well 2) and sadly if the seller would have been like it will be extra to double box...i would have said sure.

Just ask the buyer to pay the extra $2-$5 for the double box. Most will. If they don't then they really can't complain

Ironically, the starter of this thread ProStaffer complained about the $17 shipping fees for the KD V's he rec'd and the condition of the box.
I was just checking out the marketplace and noticed that he has a few kicks for sale. What caught my attention was that he charges $10 extra to double box! :smh:
Anything more than $5.00 is just not right in my book.

Around my way the USPS is getting cheap with the tape. Yea they may seal the box but they will not give you a free roll.
Also, if you let them seal the box it's usually a crappy job. I would rather tape and seal the box myself.

The USPS is losing money big time, the freebies like the tape will be a thing of the past. No wonder they just announced there will be no
more Sat. deliveries. I guess I cannot blame them, they gotta make money to stay in business.

Last edited:
Ironically, the starter of this thread ProStaffer complained about the $17 shipping fees for the KD V's he rec'd and the condition of the box.
I was just checking out the classifides and noticed that he has a few items for sale and he charges $10 extra to double box!
mean.gif

Anything more than $5.00 is just not right in my book.

Thats how I ship, I just tape up the damn shoe box 9/10 its just a random box I have laying around... I don't keep boxes. It's trash to me...

i bought a pair of DS Air Max 1998's a couple years back...brand new with OG box and everything. Box was perfect in the pics...when I received them in the mail it looked like Ace Ventura delivered them. Seller literally taped the box up just like above except he went circles with the tape around it. Completely destroyed it. Crushed, ripped, almost unrecognizable. When I asked dude why he did it he had no idea that people like to have the box with the shoes. He thought I was crazy. I was livid...submitted claims etc...nothing came of it.

Also had the same thing happen to me on some 98/99 Jordan IV retros.

If people don't know, they just don't know. The only people that care about the boxes seem to be collectors and resellers, not actual wearers. I stopped caring so much about boxes when I started wearing my kicks more.

I means its annoying he got over for shipping charges but its a generic orange box. Take the label off and get a new one. If it was special edition box then id take it further.

View media item 224731View media item 224732View media item 224733

Just got these from the bay. Should have known better.

Would y'all complain?

:smh:

UPDATE 01/19

USPS label says he paid $10.45

He complained that he had to buy a roll of tape for $3. Like he had to use the whole roll on just my box.

I complained. He wouldn't offer a partial refund.

I have been selling on ebay for more than a decade. I always wrap in shipping paper. I double box if someone requests it for a very expensive pair.

He has 7 feedback, I have 175. I want to see where eBay goes on this.

My argument is this...the picture on the listing had the shoes on top of a perfect, brand new box. Now, because of his shipping...I didn't get that box.

For all of you wondering about the box here is my argument.

If these were going to be some beaters, then I would have gone to footlocker and copped regular KD's for $115. Not $160. You rock a hot colorway a few times and you store them or sell them in a few years.

Let me ask you...Would you buy a pair of shoes that didn't have a box?

Tell eBay that you are a collector and that the box being damaged is a big deal. Idiot could have gotten a medium box for the same price.

The same thing happen to me about 2 yrs ago, i bought a pair of VNDS 05 flint 13s from a kid in GA. He just wrapped the box in priority tape and shipped it.

Then to top it off, the idiot mailman left the box at my front door, im glad my complex is a cool place. My shoes sat outside from 3pm until i got home from work at 8pm

Looks at avy, looks at join date, looks at comment. 
laugh.gif

mean.gif
Isn't this a problem with the scene at the current time? Just because someone is new, they have to "prove" themselves? I mean is this a Gang initiation? Because I know I've never met anyone with over 300 posts on nike talk that I wouldnt trust because 300 posts is FTW right?

Just pure laziness. He is paying for priority shipping already, so putting it in a priority box would have cost nothing.

Looks at avy, looks at join date, looks at comment. :lol:  :smh:
Isn't this a problem with the scene at the current time? Just because someone is new, they have to "prove" themselves? I mean is this a Gang initiation? Because I know I've never met anyone with over 300 posts on nike talk that I wouldnt trust because 300 posts is FTW right?

Are you kidding me, you bumped a 5 month old post to say that, look in the mirror man.

Just pure laziness. He is paying for priority shipping already, so putting it in a priority box would have cost nothing.

Cheapness*

Large Flat rate box shipping is 16.85. Dude paid $10.45. Doubt a size 13 can fit in the flat rate boxes with out being modified anyway.

Depending on size,weight and destination postage can be higher or lower than flat rate amount when you use your own box/packaging.

You pay for free shipping you'll get just that. People complain about paying 20 for shipping but it costs 13 to ship plus the box and time.

i feel for the op if i sell anything i double box it no matter what i usually just save my boxes from my ndc purchases works out perfectly. but truth be told theres far more lazy people that don't give a **** and don't double box.

Last pair of shoes i got that wasnt' double boxed just left neutral feedback. If the guy doesn't budge i'd say give negative feedback for just being a **** the negative feedback with 7 feedback will hurt him more selling the next time. I refuse to by from anyone with negative feedback

The Way of Wades i ordered from hibasketballshoes.com came with plastic bag tapped all over the box i was pissed especially since i paid $35 for shipping from china and they cant even use a second box to make sure my shoes get here safe and intact

Not sure if anyone know/remembers mayhemgatz but dude brought me a pair of am90s in a brown plastic grocery bag once (meetup in Qns)

Did not care one iota since the shoes were fine (and I was :smokin)

I have sold shoes where I  shipped the original box with just wrapping paper.....as long as the shoes arent fake or jacked up...whats the problem? are you gonna show off the box?

if i am going to wear the shoes then I wouldnt care about the box, but if I am going to collect and store then I would like the box brand new also.

I don't care about boxes per se but where do you guys store shoes after you wear them? :lol:

Even when I buy shoes just to hoop in I keep the boxes to put other shoes in.

I don't think a shoe rack isn't gonna cut it after a certain number of pairs...it's gonna take up just as much space if not more

:nerd:

Why are you complaining, according to NT its just a box. You dont wear it.

Cue the BRED XI thread.

Why are you complaining, according to NT its just a box. You dont wear it.

Cue the BRED XI thread.

Back
Top Bottom