So This Quarter Apple Made $6 Billion In Profit...Vol. They're Winning

if they make a gaming console. it would sell very good just because its apple. thats the sad part. the hard part are companies to buy licenses to make good games for it.

if they make a gaming console. it would sell very good just because its apple. thats the sad part. the hard part are companies to buy licenses to make good games for it.

That boost in sales in Q4 can be attributed to the Christmas season, when everyone wants an "i" something. Just like when I was young wanting a GameBoy or a GameGear, every kid wants an iTouch or an iPhone.

Just imagine having a company in where you specialize in these "I" products i.e. iHome ---your profits during Christmas season will shoot up like Apple.

That boost in sales in Q4 can be attributed to the Christmas season, when everyone wants an "i" something. Just like when I was young wanting a GameBoy or a GameGear, every kid wants an iTouch or an iPhone.

Just imagine having a company in where you specialize in these "I" products i.e. iHome ---your profits during Christmas season will shoot up like Apple.

Originally Posted by WallyHopp

Can they keep up? That's what investors will be interested in seeing? Growth no matter what. Even though the growth they just had was a bit of a surprise. Even with all that profit, they are still in trouble. As funny as that sounds

how exactly?
nerd.gif

Originally Posted by WallyHopp

Can they keep up? That's what investors will be interested in seeing? Growth no matter what. Even though the growth they just had was a bit of a surprise. Even with all that profit, they are still in trouble. As funny as that sounds

how exactly?
nerd.gif

Originally Posted by CWrite78

Originally Posted by usainboltisfast

Originally Posted by whyhellothere

Originally Posted by drsfinest72

iOS4>Android

Windows>Leopard

but i would love to see apple come out with a gaming console to go up against xbox and sony..nintendo

This
They should compete with the PC gaming market rather than the home console market.

they'll lose in both markets, especially the PC gaming market.
You are assuming that they would be trying to attract the "hardcore gaming" market. They dont need to grab to the Hardcore gaming market to achieve success. The problem with the current PC gaming market is that fragmentation is huge. This is why consoles succeed over PC gaming because there isnt fragmentation, there is standard hardware that is used universally on the specific platform. Apple implements this similar idea with most of their pcs/laptop. The setups arent much different outside of clock speed and ram amount but the basics of the hardware are pretty much the same. I think the casual PC market is a VERY lucrative market. Look at the success of flash games like farmville or even games like the sims that arent hardware intensive but are still good. People are willing to play games on the PC just make them fun. If you take out all the negatives of PC gaming like keeping up with hardware then people would probably be more interested in playing games on their PCs. It just takes the right developers to come out with a game to become the killer app like what is needed in the console industry to have that platform succeed.

Originally Posted by CWrite78

Originally Posted by whyhellothere

Originally Posted by drsfinest72

iOS4>Android

Windows>Leopard

but i would love to see apple come out with a gaming console to go up against xbox and sony..nintendo

This
They should compete with the PC gaming market rather than the home console market.

they'll lose in both markets, especially the PC gaming market.
You are assuming that they would be trying to attract the "hardcore gaming" market. They dont need to grab to the Hardcore gaming market to achieve success. The problem with the current PC gaming market is that fragmentation is huge. This is why consoles succeed over PC gaming because there isnt fragmentation, there is standard hardware that is used universally on the specific platform. Apple implements this similar idea with most of their pcs/laptop. The setups arent much different outside of clock speed and ram amount but the basics of the hardware are pretty much the same. I think the casual PC market is a VERY lucrative market. Look at the success of flash games like farmville or even games like the sims that arent hardware intensive but are still good. People are willing to play games on the PC just make them fun. If you take out all the negatives of PC gaming like keeping up with hardware then people would probably be more interested in playing games on their PCs. It just takes the right developers to come out with a game to become the killer app like what is needed in the console industry to have that platform succeed.

On the competition, Cook says "there's not much out there." Right now there are two kinds of groups on the market: ones using a Windows-based operating system ("big," "heavy," "expensive," require a keyboard or stylus, and have "weak battery life"), and ones based on Android ("the operating system wasn't really designed for a tablet").

The next generation of Android tablets: "There's nothing shipping yet, and so I don't know. Generally, they lack performance specs, they lack prices, they lack timing. And so today they're vapor. We'll assess them as they come out, however, we're not sitting still. And we have a huge first mover advantage, and we have an incredible user experience from iTunes to the App Store and an enormous number of apps and a huge ecosystem, and so we're very, very confident with entering into a fight with anyone."
http://www.appleinsider.c...011_conference_call.html
Gotta love the PR spin 
grin.gif

On the competition, Cook says "there's not much out there." Right now there are two kinds of groups on the market: ones using a Windows-based operating system ("big," "heavy," "expensive," require a keyboard or stylus, and have "weak battery life"), and ones based on Android ("the operating system wasn't really designed for a tablet").

The next generation of Android tablets: "There's nothing shipping yet, and so I don't know. Generally, they lack performance specs, they lack prices, they lack timing. And so today they're vapor. We'll assess them as they come out, however, we're not sitting still. And we have a huge first mover advantage, and we have an incredible user experience from iTunes to the App Store and an enormous number of apps and a huge ecosystem, and so we're very, very confident with entering into a fight with anyone."
http://www.appleinsider.c...011_conference_call.html
Gotta love the PR spin 
grin.gif

OP, Why do you ride so hard for Apple? Got stocks? I always see you in these threads with a million posts in favor of whatever Apple does

OP, Why do you ride so hard for Apple? Got stocks? I always see you in these threads with a million posts in favor of whatever Apple does

Originally Posted by an dee 51o

They represent a change in the computer industry. They are taking the opposite approach of what has been the "norm" in the computer industry. Instead of building super hi-tech number crunchers/cyrsis machines they make products for the everyday computer user. Instead of trying get their product in stores they have gotten stores BEGGING to carry their products. Their philosophy and business model is so different than what I have ever seen in the technology industry.

They represent a change in the computer industry. They are taking the opposite approach of what has been the "norm" in the computer industry. Instead of building super hi-tech number crunchers/cyrsis machines they make products for the everyday computer user. Instead of trying get their product in stores they have gotten stores BEGGING to carry their products. Their philosophy and business model is so different than what I have ever seen in the technology industry.

Dude, they did the same damned thing any company did...they just slapped an apple logo on things, made them exclusive and viola!  I have a macbook and i love it but if my job didnt give it to me I wouldnt have one. Apple is grossly over-priced, they dont pay their workers commission so in the end they stand to make billions if you're paying people 10 bucks an hr to sell $250k of product a day

Dude, they did the same damned thing any company did...they just slapped an apple logo on things, made them exclusive and viola!  I have a macbook and i love it but if my job didnt give it to me I wouldnt have one. Apple is grossly over-priced, they dont pay their workers commission so in the end they stand to make billions if you're paying people 10 bucks an hr to sell $250k of product a day

Back
Top Bottom