So Tim Donaghy wrote a book and the NBA squashed it? Am I late?

i dont think its fixed

maybe here and there

but not like yall say

first of all why the hell would they let the boring ### spurs go to the finals so many times this decade when the league is trying to find ratings

why not have a lebron kobe finals last year or even a lakers vs celtics rematch. both of thsoe woulda been way better than lakers vs magic

and goin back even earlier there were way better match ups that they could have fixed

'05 heat vs suns
eek.gif

'02 you could have had lakers vs celtics instead of the nets
eek.gif
pimp.gif

'00 lakers vs knicks
pimp.gif
eek.gif
instead of pacers. that woulda brought the league back one season after thelock out

all of these teams made the conference finals and had competitive series where a lil fixin' woulda made for epic NBA finals

nerd.gif

He does go into great lengths as to even explaining and showing how many times they blew the whistle of certain players. If you go back to game and look at thefootage, we could see if he's telling the truth.

This is very interesting.

Originally Posted by dmbrhs

Originally Posted by Osh Kosh Bosh

All I know is the last time we dismissed the stories of a questionable character, they all came up true.
grin.gif
This is what I always come back to. Yes, people have axes to grind, but sometimes when the details are so specific and they go to such great lengths, there often is truth behind the statements. If they were baseless claims, I doubt he'd have gone as a far as to write a whole book. He'd probably just submit to an ESPN column and let that be that.

This is how I feel about it. There are most likely some exaggerations in the book, but I'd be willing to bet my last dollar,
the book is more truth than not.

The thing that I think is the saddest is that we ALL know these officials by name, along with their personalities.

everyone in here is crazy if they think this stuff is not true....

it is so blatantly clear...

donaghy has every right to go after the NBA, especially if most of the big time refs are doing the same thing, but he was singled out and not backed up theNBA...i dont blame him one bit for doing this...

might as well...

the NBA is going to go through its scandal years just like MLB did...lets just not forget one name: jose canseco..

I would love to see video footage of every claim donaghy makes, + statistical evidence of his claims, if both back up what he is saying, how can we deny it?

Sticking to our pregame pledge, each of us whistled Iverson for palming in the first quarter - we all wanted in on the fun. The violations seemed to affect Iverson's rhythm and he played terribly that night, shooting 5-for-19 with five turnovers. After getting repeatedly whistled all night long, Iverson approached me in an act of submission.

"How long am I going to be punished for Javie?" he quietly inquired.

"Don't know what you're talking about, Allen," I responded.

tired.gif
tired.gif

All this stuff is true. Anybody with any knowledge of a sport beyond watching it, knows referees and the NBA influences games. The thing is, who knew it was tothis extent. I've always had a suspicion that Javie didn't like A.I cause he would never call fouls for Iverson. It sucks that the game I loveisn't always decided by the play of the athletes, but yet by the politics of the NBA as a business. It parallels our United States government.

im not even a big NBA fan but this book looks good.
even if its not true, it looks like it has great entertainment purposes. i would read.

[h1]Rasheed Wallace's call on book: 'I ain't a liar'[/h1]
http://news.bostonherald....iew.bg?articleid=1208790

Rasheed Wallace offered a healthy chuckle when asked about excerpts from an unpublished book by convicted gambler andformer NBA referee Tim Donaghy that made it onto the Internet last week.

Donaghy alleged a number of transgressions by officials, including targeting certain players for technical fouls and having bets on who could hit saidplayer first.

"Hey," said Wallace, "it lets people know that I ain't a liar. I mean, that's pretty much all I got to say about that. Everybodythought I was crazy and militant, but, hey, it came to light."

Wallace had some serious history with Donaghy, getting suspended for seven games for allegedly threatening the ref on the loading dock after a game inPortland in January 2003. Wallace has denied making the threat, and, that issue aside, he sees Donaghy's latest charges against his former colleagues as avindication of sorts.

The veteran forward also believes he was one of the players on which the technical bounty was placed.

"Oh, yeah, nine times out of 10," Wallace said. "Especially (those years) they gave me 38 and 40 techs just for looking, laughing, saying theslightest little thing. I mean, c'mon. They say I complain and this and that, but during those years I didn't complain more than the nextman."

Wallace set an NBA record with 38 technical fouls in 1999-2000, and broke his own record with 40 the next season.

If this ever gets published I think ... It's gonna be 50/50 ....... 50% truthful and 50% misinformation ... That way if you was ever to use it as a basisfor investigation it'll never hold up ... The stories don't sound too far fetched but I'd be a whole lot more interested in a book like this basedon college basketball .. Where the game for keeps is a bit more profitable.

To me there's no doubt WCF Game 6 and 2006 NBA finals games 3-6 were fixed.

Thought NOBODY will corroborate any of Donaghy's claims and this will likely pass.

Back
Top Bottom