So who here believes in KARMA? *8 year old raped*

i dont believe in karma...nor do i believe life is fair...things just happen...often for a reason...

Karma is a neutralizing force in the universe that is supposed to set everything in balance, as sort of the equilibrium. I believe Karma is an intricateprocess that is designed to be sustained through lifetimes. Let's say for instance that you were a terrible killer in your last birth and in your currentbirth you were born with a clean slate/Tabula Rasa and you led a good life but you were killed tragically by someone or something else of the same magnitudeyou did to others in your last birth was done to you in your current.

I know its an off the wall theory and I could be wrong or right but when you bring up this situation of this 8 year old girl, of course its probably likely shehasn't done anything to deserve it but it happened and it's true that bad things happen to good people and vice versa but no one knows the answer forwhy it happens.

What happens, happens. Whether its good or bad it happens...for a reason or no reason at all, it's life and its a tragic happiness.

Originally Posted by withapassion

Maybe the baby's father did something bad.
Na, if you want to get into detail, the baby did something in his/her past life. But I don't believe in reincarnation, therefore, theaforementioned point is moot.

Originally Posted by ThunderChunk69

Originally Posted by NT OG

What I'm getting here is
nothing... we don't know the meaning of life... we're only human and make up things to believe.

religion is a bunch of bs!!!

Originally Posted by Mastamind89

A one year old baby was killed, beaten with a hammer, there's a thread on it floating around. What could have the baby done that's so bad?
Basically, same with the girl. Not everyone believes in Karma; it's not a fact, it's a religion and it's not like it's a universalreligion or anything. For all we know, the girl doesn't even know what Karma is. You don't have to believe in Karma in order to be affected by it. Theactions you choose can bring pain or joy to anybody, not just people who believe in Karma. Nothing says Karma only affects certain people. And I would see itas the rapist believed in Karma and got what he deserved.

A one year old baby was killed, beaten with a hammer, there's a thread on it floating around. What could have the baby done that's so bad?

that's why karma doesnt make sense...

Originally Posted by DrewDioxin

if an 8 year old gets raped,and the sicko dies afterwards, it is not karma

it is called justice because he deserved to die.

whose justice is that? certainly not the United State's or God's.

Then I assume your all for racial profiling and a war for oil?

let's not bring god into this simply because it is the oldest out in the book. and the "US of good ol A" does plenty of unjust things.

if you use the example and follow the real life punishment.the guy would have been imprisoned with chance of parole,get raped a couple times and beat up injail and in no way rehabilitated to be let out and continue his ways.

where is your "god" or "USA" for that?

the girl got what she deserved too then no?
How so? If she doesn't believe in Karma, she's just in the wrong place at the wrong time. Karma doesn't say you can only do good oryou can only do bad. It's your choice and if you believe in Karma then you're choice will affect you, but whom you affect doesn't matter.

I don't believe in karma. I believe that everything happens for a reason. All the events that occur in life were me.ant to happen no matter how bad theymay be. Jesus' crucifixin was supposed to happen. If it hadn't happend, we'd still be havin to sacrafice lambs for our sins which would kill thespecies. Tho the lil girl may not have did something in order to get raped, it happend because something positive is supposed to come out of it and once itdoes, everything makes sense. The Lord works in mysterious ways

its really quite tough to grasp. i always look at situations like plane crashes and even events like 911 and just wonder about life. from the paralyzed to theother unforunate , its just something you have to think long and hard about

So far it looks like OP is just trying to rile up the board with his ambitious trolling..

On to the question at hand.
Karma balances out the universe, it DOES NOT control what people do.
Ex.
If the man feels the need to rape an 8 year old that is his own choice and karma will not by any means stop that, things happen..... Karma is just a "whatgoes around comes around" system and will pay the aforementioned rapist back later in his life for what he did.

Originally Posted by OHyeah10

you're thinking too hard
laugh.gif

BUT KARMA IS ALMOST LIKE THE STRING-THEORY EFFECT IN SOME WAYS

Originally Posted by Kayway8

Not necessarily...Just because the lil' girl was raped doesn't mean that Karma started with her...It may have been from the "wrongdoing or negativity" of her parents...

There's a flaw in YOUR logic because your giving Karma a beginning and end...

The world is built off of energy...Read up on the Law of Attraction...
WELL SAID! this whole thought of ANYTHING so horrible happening to an 8 uear old girl is very disturbing... a lot of the idea of karma is basedon the idea that the soul never dies and is re-incarnated. as such... any unfinished business from your past life is resolved in your next.

its called free will, the rapist had the free will to do anything he desires.. and its not always the right thing to do.. infact its evil
"karma" does not affect a persons actions or thoughts
Karma is a justified random event that one deserves for his actions
the raping was not justified therefore its not karma

Karma originated from Hinduism.

In the traditional sense, it is a SOUL who has done something wrong in a past lifetime. And when souls travel through different lifetimes they don'tremember their past one fully. Answering your question from that point- the soul of the 8 year old girl could have done something terrible in a past lifetime.

I'm not sure what I believe anymore though.

Sometimes situations occur where I'm like- yeah that was karma... and other times things happen which make me not want to believe it at all.

Originally Posted by gusyouout

Basically, same with the girl. Not everyone believes in Karma; it's not a fact, it's a religion and it's not like it's a universal religion or anything. For all we know, the girl doesn't even know what Karma is. You don't have to believe in Karma in order to be affected by it. The actions you choose can bring pain or joy to anybody, not just people who believe in Karma. Nothing says Karma only affects certain people. And I would see it as the rapist believed in Karma and got what he deserved.

Originally Posted by gusyouout

the girl got what she deserved too then no?
How so? If she doesn't believe in Karma, she's just in the wrong place at the wrong time. Karma doesn't say you can only do good or you can only do bad. It's your choice and if you believe in Karma then you're choice will affect you, but whom you affect doesn't matter.

Do those statements not contradict each other?

Originally Posted by shatterkneesinc

its called free will, the rapist had the free will to do anything he desires.. and its not always the right thing to do.. infact its evil

"karma" does not affect a persons actions or thoughts

Karma is a justified random event that one deserves for his actions
the raping was not justified therefore its not karma

justice is not random. and how do you know her rape wasn't justified?

Originally Posted by Sno Nuff

So far it looks like OP is just trying to rile up the board with his ambitious trolling..

On to the question at hand.
Karma balances out the universe, it DOES NOT control what people do.
Ex.
If the man feels the need to rape an 8 year old that is his own choice and karma will not by any means stop that, things happen..... Karma is just a "what goes around comes around" system and will pay the aforementioned rapist back later in his life for what he did.

I don't see how this is trolling.

Originally Posted by Alchemiss

Karma originated from Hinduism.

In the traditional sense, it is a SOUL who has done something wrong in a past lifetime. And when souls travel through different lifetimes they don't remember their past one fully. Answering your question from that point- the soul of the 8 year old girl could have done something terrible in a past lifetime.

I'm not sure what I believe anymore though.

Sometimes situations occur where I'm like- yeah that was karma... and other times things happen which make me not want to believe it at all.

yet people still stubbornly believe in karma.

and I understand that the "what comes around, goes around" idea is only a small part of of Karma. Most people think karma is only the "whatcomes around, goes around."

Back
Top Bottom