So...who wants to get burned in TypeRacer?

indifferent.gif
35 wpm
frown.gif
grin.gif
tired.gif

Originally Posted by Th3RealF0lkBlu3s

What do people use if they're not using the home position? I'm suddenly interested
nerd.gif
their 2 index fingers.

I have a weird method. It's neither the home position nor the 2 index fingers. It's just like a "freestyle" position.

This game isn't indicative of real life.

You're bound to make mistakes. No one doesn't make mistakes unless they're a stenographer.
eyes.gif

Originally Posted by MaddenFan04

Can the 130+ typers tell me the method they use?

The best I've gotten was 110-120 only a few times. But i use an unorthodox method of when I was little, i just memorized all the keys and now I don't use the home keys like asdf and jkl;

is the best method really the home key system where you keep both hands in their respective positions?
laugh.gif
how else would somebody type without the homekeys, ididn't realize there was a better way to do it?

I use the home keys - i think it's truly just about practice. There are still things that slow me up but i've typed certain words so many times thatthey almost come out faster than I can speak them aloud... literally.

The only time something will really bog me down is stuff with a lot of punctuation - if it's just strictly words, i could almost definitely type 150+consistently, with about 98 percent accuracy. Unfortunately, there's not a lot of places where you don't use punctuation quite often except maybemessage boards and instant messages.

Unfortunately - my typing skills don't translate quite the same in texting. I'm quick, but not like some people.

An easy way to increase your WPM is to keep your shoulders down while typing.

You can alleviate a lot of built-up tension that way.

Oh and it's damn near impossible to get anywhere near the hundreds with a #%%+!% keyboard.

Back
Top Bottom