So who's the one ducking the Pac-May fight again?

i can't read twitter
ohwell.gif

Originally Posted by ShaunHillFTW49

Originally Posted by Proshares

Originally Posted by RKO2004

At this point. I'd rather see May fight other fighters. These two are worse than the NBA and NBPA.

Like who?  He'll beat the hell out of anyone at 147 and anyone who comes up from 140.  At least with Manny you'll have the hype/buildup/arguments/debates before PBF beats the hell out of him.  They need to make this fight.  The last thing boxing needs is to watch JMM possibly get robbed again and PBF beat up someone like Khan.

You think Maravilla could go down to   150?
i read the lowest he can go is 153..

Maravilla vs. PBF at 154...LEEGOOO!!!

Lol I normally don't post in these boxing thread spinoff things but you know Arum. He's not about to let his golden goose go that easy.

Martinez vs Mayweather will be very interesting but Martinez kinda slipped up and had a sub-par performance against Darren Barker. Therefore Mayweather has a tough decision to make for his next fight is Pacquiao and Arum decide to fight Marquez again. Marquez will need a KO or stoppage to get a victory. Arum's money is just too long for Marquez to get a decision. I told everybody he's not going to get a decision. If you listen to the commentators they were so shocked that Marquez was doing as well as he was they kinda didn't know weather to just flat out say "I can't believe this" or stop praising Pacquiao.

Originally Posted by Bean Pie Slanga

Bob Arum is going to squeeze Pacquiao for every penny he can bring in before putting him out there to get demolished by Floyd.

Pacquiao-Marquez IV on May 5th..... can you really be mad at those numbers?
ohwell.gif

This is 100% correct.

Would love to see floyd fight martinez but I don't know if that would happen.  High risk low reward for May....Martinez really has no big fan base.

Originally Posted by MAKITA

Originally Posted by Essential1

Bob Arum told them they were not interested in a fight with Mayweather....

Well I guess Arum finally realized Pac has no shot against Mayweather... And can't blame Mayweather anymore

That's exactly right. 
This
I hate Bob Arum and they're gonna have to PAY Marquez. I don't think he'd do the fight again unless it was mad money. No reason, what does he have left to prove. 

Arum has Manny brainwashed. It looks like Manny has all yes men around too that won't tell him things straight out

Originally Posted by Demps

Originally Posted by ShaunHillFTW49

Originally Posted by Proshares

Like who?  He'll beat the hell out of anyone at 147 and anyone who comes up from 140.  At least with Manny you'll have the hype/buildup/arguments/debates before PBF beats the hell out of him.  They need to make this fight.  The last thing boxing needs is to watch JMM possibly get robbed again and PBF beat up someone like Khan.

You think Maravilla could go down to   150?
i read the lowest he can go is 153..

Maravilla vs. PBF at 154...LEEGOOO!!!

I think he's said he's willing to go down to 150 for a fight with him or Manny.  Still, how low he keeps his hands most of the time I can't help but this PBF would slowly take him down as well.

And to keep it real I don't think its just Arum, Freddie Roach and Manny are apprehensive about this fight as well.

If they pushed Arum to get it done, it would happen.

Manny flat out said he didn't want this third fight with Marquez when asked in 2009...now we know why. So its not like he's this "I'll fight anyone", Jack Dempsey type fighter that the media is making him out to be. He hides behind Arum quite well. Pac should have fought a young welter lion like Berto or Ortiz last year, instead he fought Clottey, a drained Margarito fresh out of retirement (who didn't deserve that payday) and an already broken Shane Mosley. I don't know how all the "ducking" allegations gets thrown in Floyd's direction, yet Manny always comes out smelling like a rose.

And after all the trash talk Freddie Roach was popping about KO'ing Mayweather, now hes saying that Pac needs a tune up fight first before a matchup with Money. Where they do that at?

Floyd has publicly put the ball in their court and now the Top Rank/Pacquiao camp is looking REAL shaky.

Damn I hope the naysayers $++* if May fights Sergio, Bradley or Khan. Those are 3 better/riskier fights than Pac has taken in the last 3-4 years.

Originally Posted by FIRST B0RN

Mayweather should fight the winner of Cotto - Margarito.

Let's say Cotto wins, and they decide to go for the tie breaker?
And who's available for this February fight Floyd trying to pump?

Originally Posted by Mr Cashfl0w

Originally Posted by FIRST B0RN

Mayweather should fight the winner of Cotto - Margarito.

Let's say Cotto wins, and they decide to go for the tie breaker?
And who's available for this February fight Floyd trying to pump?
Well, Amir Khan fights Lamont Peterson next month, so he would probably be next in line to get whopped if he can get past Lamont.
Should lead up nicely to a Pacman summer blockbuster if they are really serious about matching up with Marquez AGAIN.

[h3][/h3]
[h1]Tough choices ahead for Pacquiao[/h1][h3]LOS ANGELES[/h3]
With his biggest payday in the balance – a bout of global interest with Floyd Mayweather – welterweight champion Manny Pacquiao’s personal and professional lives are in turmoil.

[h3]SURVIVAL MODE[/h3]Take a look at the best shots from Manny Pacquiao's controversial win over Juan Manuel Marquez. Photo gallery.

The day after his disputed majority decision victory over Juan Manuel Marquez, Pacquiao wanted to surprise his wife, Jinkee, with a ceremony renewing their vows at the Mandalay Bay Hotel.

But she apparently refused, according to several sources intimately familiar with the Pacquiao camp, citing his alleged infidelities. After a lengthy discussion at the hotel, they say, Jinkee refused to go through with the ceremony unless Pacquiao fired his agent, Michael Koncz.

“I have no knowledge of that,

Rather, the responsibility — on many levels — now belongs to Pacquiao.

At some point, Roach argued, “Bob has to give Manny what he wants. If Manny says, ‘I want Mayweather,’ Bob will have to give him Mayweather.

Originally Posted by Kingtre

[h3][/h3]
In fact, Pacquiao needs to make his choices plain on a number of fronts: with his wife, his promoter and his trainer. For two fights now, Pacquiao has been less than diligent in listening to his strength and conditioning coach, Alex Ariza.
The last two training camps have seen Pacquiao show great enthusiasm for running the hills of Los Angeles' Griffith Park, but not for following Ariza’s advice. There are those in Pacquiao’s camp who blame the cramping and fatigue in his calves on his reluctance to abide by Ariza’s regimen.

“The biomechanics of running up and down hills is different than what’s required in boxing,

Back
Top Bottom