SO YOU HAVE TO PAY TO SELL ON ISS NOW ?????

Originally Posted by abeautifulhaze

ISS is a community of scamming, greedy lil bastards.

I paid like 20 something dollars (might have been 30 plus) for that Penny Sole Collector issue...months ago, I never received it and never heard from them again.

And that was from the official site store.
smh.gif

eek.gif
I guess im never gona order a sole collector magazine from them afterreading this

The only reason I ever wanted to (and still never did) order an SC mag was when Prof. K was writing reviews, and maybe the occasional RetroKid article.

The poor execution of this whole thing really reflects the true quality of that board. Straight fiasco. Mods and Admins can only do so much to make a sitefunction, but it's the people who make the community, and I don't think we realize that.

i aint read through all this thread, but im trying to figure out why everyone keeps saying the potential to make bread there is higher. granted there are alot more people b/c of the restrictions NT has to buy/sell with the approving threads and all, but its soooooooooooo many young flakes on ISS. they justlowball left and right and ask question after question then eventually ask you to hold the shoe for a month

Originally Posted by ConductZero

Originally Posted by RellNye

icon_razz.gif
The almighty steve has arrived.
You know you're a failure if steve doesn't acknowledge you. I've never seen him flame anyone
icon_lol.gif

Its unfortunate though cause now that a lot of I$$ members will come over to NT we gonna get threads like "If you were born without feet would you still collect kicks"
laugh.gif

The stupid threads are so rampant and with the mods not wanting to check every thread there will be so much stupidity NT will dumb down word toLupe

Originally Posted by djaward

I will pay the fee. I seriously prefer I$$ market place over NIKETALKS.. And Im not saying one is better than the other. Im saying that both forums are good for certain reasons.

And its 5 bucks for a YEAR.. A YEAR... Not that bad.

I agree. I thought it was $5 a transaction. $5 a year, to be able to find any shoe you want at almost anytime, is worth it.

In Style Scammers finding another way to get into your pockets
laugh.gif
...paying to look to buy shoes is ******ed...that's why people joined in the firstplace.

i guess they got the point, that people only go there to sell. all my post that are not in the buy and sell section are to advertise my f/s threads.
laugh.gif

i did like the feed back system though. owell site is trash now.

I have sold a lot of shoes through their marketplace and will continue to do so. $5 for the year and people are *****ing? I swear some of you lames will findany and evrything to cry about
smh.gif

Originally Posted by jae oh en

$5 is a small price to pay for a sneaker enthusiast. For a seller, $5 is nothing when you have thousands worth of shoes to sell. As a buyer, if you can afford $200+ shoes, $5 is clearly nothing to think twice about.

it's not the 5 dollars in monetary value that is bothering me. it's the principle. he's charging to use something that was free 3 days ago. there's been no improvements to it. it's the same damn forum everyone was using just a few days ago. and it's not like their BS forum was god's gift to mankind in the first place. sure, the feedback system is nice, but the people who are on that forum are some of the worst people to deal with.
laugh.gif
@ steven if he thinks i'm going to pay to get lowballed/flaked on. most of them kids don't even have paypal.

it's a business for him. he's said it himself. he's not doing this as a favor to the members, he's doing this so the members can do work for him. server costs...
roll.gif
, get out of here with that.

thank you to meth and the rest of the admins/staff for continuing to provide a place for us here to gather and chill free of charge.

something to ponder. a scammer will think nothing of a $5 dollar fee when he's netting hundreds just as a buyer thinks nothing of a $5 fee to buy. ifanything it legitimizes scammers into a group many wont jump into, the paid subscription group. just when you think its safe, its NOT
laugh.gif
. Nobody here wins but the person earning the money

Damn that sucks. Whenever I needed to make a quick sale, ISS was the way to go. NT's b/s forum wasn't touching theirs. Here, it takes eternity to getyour thread approved, and eternity for the thread to update.

Originally Posted by KingJay718

Damn that sucks. Whenever I needed to make a quick sale, ISS was the way to go. NT's b/s forum wasn't touching theirs. Here, it takes eternity to get your thread approved, and eternity for the thread to update.
and thats my main issue with the buy sell forum. waiting 2-3 days at times for my threads to be updated and my titles never being updated inthe 10.5 11 section after i sell stuff, so i have members messaging me about stuff i sold a few days ago, which isn't their fault because my threadisn't properly updated.

i appreciate the free buy sell section but at times i wish it could be updated a little more promptly.

Has anyone bothered to look at the date and notice how close we are to APRIL 1st?
Sure Steve may or may not be a greedy bastard. However, we have to call a spade a spade and notice that he was smart enough to create all that hehas created. Im sure he is not stupid enough to risk losing a large amount of suscribers by implementing a $5 fee from one day to the next. He MUST know hewould have gotten a better response from the community if he gave people a notice before putting the fee into effect. For this reason I have to say this is alljust a hoax. An April Fools joke that seems to have worked on a large amount of people both here and over there.

Originally Posted by Diego

Has anyone bothered to look at the date and notice how close we are to APRIL 1st?
Sure Steve may or may not be a greedy bastard. However, we have to call a spade a spade and notice that he was smart enough to create all that he has created. Im sure he is not stupid enough to risk losing a large amount of suscribers by implementing a $5 fee from one day to the next. He MUST know he would have gotten a better response from the community if he gave people a notice before putting the fee into effect. For this reason I have to say this is all just a hoax. An April Fools joke that seems to have worked on a large amount of people both here and over there.
Yeah...because after April 1st, he's gonna refund the hundreds thousands of people whohave already dropped the $5 on Paypal or who have sent their MONEY ORDERS in.

Try again.

Originally Posted by iLLoQuent aka DSK

Yeah...because after April 1st, he's gonna refund the hundreds thousands of people who have already dropped the $5 on Paypal or who have sent their MONEY ORDERS in.

Try again.

roll.gif
pimp.gif
@ your avy.

Originally Posted by KingJay718

Damn that sucks. Whenever I needed to make a quick sale, ISS was the way to go. NT's b/s forum is on par with ISS' b/s forums. Here, it takes eternity to get your thread approved, and eternity for the thread to update, because the mods have lives, and have other things to do.
Fixed.
laugh.gif
I apologize.

no more $5 fee, can't say I'm not happy.
First off I want to say I am extremely impressed with the number of people who immediately paid the $5 without complaining. Over 800 people immediately paid and I'm sure 100s sent in checks. To me that speaks volumes about this community - the support you have shown ISS has enabled me to make this statement: there will no longer be any fees for the use of the MP - buying or selling and those who paid will receive a refund. So what happened? Was this just a big April Fool's joke?

No, this was not an April Fool's joke as I totally believed that we were going to have to stick to a subscription service so we could continue to grow the MP. After seeing the massive amount of support I thought to myself that I need to go through my contacts one more time to see if we could get an advertiser to cover the costs of the MP. There was only one company I called and that company was Eastbay. Eastbay took a look at what we are doing here and not only dug our community but put up the money to ensure we could keep the MP free for everyone. Now that is true respect and vision as most companies just wouldn't understand what ISS is all about and would have walked away. But Eastbay didn't - they put up the funds. They would have put up the funds weeks ago but the timing was right. As everyone knows budgets are tight everywhere and in no way did anyone have the ISS MP on their radar for advertising.

So in the future will the fees come back? If anything we might create something that is over and above what we have now and there might be a fee for that but I don't foresee fees ever coming back for the normal MP.

The only change you are going to see is an Eastbay banner within the MP in the near future. Please support this company as they are truly supportive of our community in multiple ways. Not only have they given us tons of shoes to giveaway on the forum but they have covered the MP when nobody else would.

As I said in the first paragraph - I have a lot of respect for those people who paid the $5 without a bunch of drama. It shows real support for the community. Everyone who paid is part of a user group called the Market Place Subscription group. I am going to keep this group intact and will be offering some rare opportunities to random members including free kicks from Eastbay.

As for the refunds - we are going through them now and we'll have all refunds completed by end of day Wed. The one bummer part is that when I refund the $5 PayPal takes out .45 and it won't allow me to refund $5.45….. only the OG $5. Everyone who sent checks - you will be contacted and they will be destroyed. Money Orders and Cash will be sent back.

Lastly, some people might think the haters won but I can honestly say it was quite the opposite. The true passion this community has for the MP is what enabled Eastbay to make a contribution. There were so few haters that it really wouldn't have made a difference.

Thanks again for the support._steve

Back
Top Bottom