SO YOU HAVE TO PAY TO SELL ON ISS NOW ?????

Yep, the fee was just lifted.

Much ado about nothing. The whole thing was botched from beginning to end.

They could have gone from step 1, "needing more money to offset server costs" to the end result of asking a big sponsor for help, without askingpeople to pay the fee from the start.

laugh.gif

Originally Posted by memphisboi55

Damn...

what if i want to buy a 10-15 dollar tee, i gotta pay 5 bucks!

crazy, i bought alot of crap off iss too.

indifferent.gif

i think its more for the people who sell...i got listings on there right now and i cant bump the post up unless i pay the 5 dollar fee.

indifferent.gif

First off I want to say I am extremely impressed with the number of people who immediately paid the $5 without complaining. Over 800 people immediately paid and I'm sure 100s sent in checks. To me that speaks volumes about this community - the support you have shown ISS has enabled me to make this statement: there will no longer be any fees for the use of the MP - buying or selling and those who paid will receive a refund. So what happened? Was this just a big April Fool's joke?

No, this was not an April Fool's joke as I totally believed that we were going to have to stick to a subscription service so we could continue to grow the MP. After seeing the massive amount of support I thought to myself that I need to go through my contacts one more time to see if we could get an advertiser to cover the costs of the MP. There was only one company I called and that company was Eastbay. Eastbay took a look at what we are doing here and not only dug our community but put up the money to ensure we could keep the MP free for everyone. Now that is true respect and vision as most companies just wouldn't understand what ISS is all about and would have walked away. But Eastbay didn't - they put up the funds. They would have put up the funds weeks ago but the timing was right. As everyone knows budgets are tight everywhere and in no way did anyone have the ISS MP on their radar for advertising.

So in the future will the fees come back? If anything we might create something that is over and above what we have now and there might be a fee for that but I don't foresee fees ever coming back for the normal MP.

The only change you are going to see is an Eastbay banner within the MP in the near future. Please support this company as they are truly supportive of our community in multiple ways. Not only have they given us tons of shoes to giveaway on the forum but they have covered the MP when nobody else would.

As I said in the first paragraph - I have a lot of respect for those people who paid the $5 without a bunch of drama. It shows real support for the community. Everyone who paid is part of a user group called the Market Place Subscription group. I am going to keep this group intact and will be offering some rare opportunities to random members including free kicks from Eastbay.

As for the refunds - we are going through them now and we'll have all refunds completed by end of day Wed. The one bummer part is that when I refund the $5 PayPal takes out .45 and it won't allow me to refund $5.45….. only the OG $5. Everyone who sent checks - you will be contacted and they will be destroyed. Money Orders and Cash will be sent back.

Lastly, some people might think the haters won but I can honestly say it was quite the opposite. The true passion this community has for the MP is what enabled Eastbay to make a contribution. There were so few haters that it really wouldn't have made a difference.

Thanks again for the support._steve
Wow really? Paypal retunds fees when you issue a refund. Dude is scamming everyone for 45 cents
roll.gif

Originally Posted by cucumbercool

Originally Posted by ConductZero

Originally Posted by RellNye

icon_razz.gif
The almighty steve has arrived.
You know you're a failure if steve doesn't acknowledge you. I've never seen him flame anyone
icon_lol.gif
Its unfortunate though cause now that a lot of I$$ members will come over to NT we gonna get threads like "If you were born without feet would you still collect kicks"
laugh.gif

The stupid threads are so rampant and with the mods not wanting to check every thread there will be so much stupidity NT will dumb down word to Lupe

or maybe NT will "hire" more mods
nerd.gif

he needs to ask eastbay for more cash so that he can hire a PR person. there are so many things that are wrong with the statement he put out.

Originally Posted by iLLoQuent aka DSK

Originally Posted by Diego

Has anyone bothered to look at the date and notice how close we are to APRIL 1st?
Sure Steve may or may not be a greedy bastard. However, we have to call a spade a spade and notice that he was smart enough to create all that he has created. Im sure he is not stupid enough to risk losing a large amount of suscribers by implementing a $5 fee from one day to the next. He MUST know he would have gotten a better response from the community if he gave people a notice before putting the fee into effect. For this reason I have to say this is all just a hoax. An April Fools joke that seems to have worked on a large amount of people both here and over there.
Yeah...because after April 1st, he's gonna refund the hundreds thousands of people who have already dropped the $5 on Paypal or who have sent their MONEY ORDERS in.

Try again.

Originally Posted by DeezyVSOP

They could have gone from step 1, "needing more money to offset server costs" to the end result of asking a big sponsor for help, without asking people to pay the fee from the start.
What was that you said????????????
nerd.gif

Has anyone bothered to look at the date and notice how close we are to APRIL 1st?
Sure Steve may or may not be a greedy bastard. However, we have to call a spade a spade and notice that he was smart enough to create all that he has created. Im sure he is not stupid enough to risk losing a large amount of suscribers by implementing a $5 fee from one day to the next. He MUST know he would have gotten a better response from the community if he gave people a notice before putting the fee into effect. For this reason I have to say this is all just a hoax. An April Fools joke that seems to have worked on a large amount of people both here and over there.
Yeah...because after April 1st, he's gonna refund the hundreds thousands of people who have already dropped the $5 on Paypal or who have sent their MONEY ORDERS in.

Try again.

They could have gone from step 1, "needing more money to offset server costs" to the end result of asking a big sponsor for help, without asking people to pay the fee from the start.
nerd.gif
did you read $teve's reply?
No, this was not an April Fool's joke as I totally believed that we were going to have to stick to a subscription service so we could continue to grow the MP. After seeing the massive amount of support I thought to myself that I need to go through my contacts one more time to see if we could get an advertiser to cover the costs of the MP. There was only one company I called and that company was Eastbay. Eastbay took a look at what we are doing here and not only dug our community but put up the money to ensure we could keep the MP free for everyone. Now that is true respect and vision as most companies just wouldn't understand what ISS is all about and would have walked away. But Eastbay didn't - they put up the funds. They would have put up the funds weeks ago but the timing was right. As everyone knows budgets are tight everywhere and in no way did anyone have the ISS MP on their radar for advertising.

Originally Posted by Dirtylicious

Try again.

nerd.gif
did you read $teve's reply?

NTers should know as well as anyone that Steve's comments have to be taken with a grain of salt.
Meaning things are not always what they appear to be or how it is presented. Steve has a hidden agenda and there are certain things turning me off about thatsite.
The whole thing was a set up. What is $5 bucks from 800 kids to Steve? $4000 dollars is light cheese now a days.
After its all been said and done who ends up looking like a winner? Steve is now a hero because he "found" a way to keep the community together andlift a fee that he imposed on the people. These kids are so blinded by a stupid $5 refund that they are too stupid to see that Steve has now brought in Eastbayto do some collabo crap with sole collector. He got these kids praisng eastbay and convincing them to do more purchases from Eastbay for helping their forumstay "free".
He bamboozled a whole community to support Eastbay and made himself look like a hero while he did that.
Im sure that whatever agreement Steve made with Eastbay was worth a whole lot more than the money he got from that "fee".
He will gladly return the money in exchange for the cake he will bring in with the Eastbay deal.

Originally Posted by Dirtylicious

gotta wonder why they didn't make that "one phone call" before implementing the fee.
Same thing I said Dirty and my statement was overlooked and ignored by everyone

This was the thing I was talking about before, why couldn't he went through his round of contacts once more before he enforced that rule?

So it took 800 people paying $5 to show $teve how much people cared about ISS? He couldn't see that before?

One word = PRESSURE
From my ISS reply

Only thing I was wrong about was the # of people who had already paid. It WAS in the hundreds, not thousands.

There's no way that situation was an April Fool's Joke...which was your original point.

Wamp.

Your 2nd point makes much more sense and anyone with common sense and a brain could see the spin job he did...but if you're saying he was planning it fromthe start, then no.

backpedal backpedal backpedal backpedal backpedal backpedal backpedal backpedal

Only thing I was wrong about was the # of people who had already paid. It WAS in the hundreds, not thousands.

There's no way that situation was an April Fool's Joke...which was your original point.

Wamp.

Your 2nd point makes much more sense and anyone with common sense and a brain could see the spin job he did...but if you're saying he was planning it from the start, then no.
Yeah, are we talking about the whole thing being an April Fool's joke or something else?

I'm of the opinion that he wanted this mess that he created to go away as neatly as possible, so the best and maybe only way to do that was refund everyoneand forget about the fee (by making that Def Com 5 phone call). It just happened to coincide with the date.

i really dont even believe iss exists ive never been on it, everyone i know is on nt or nothing at all.

Hey i'm happy this fee thing is gone at the moment. I do feel it will come back eventually so i'm making all the sales I can get at the moment becausewhen it does come back I feel like it won't be $5 the next time around it may be $10-15. got 4 of my kicks in the process of being sold so i'm happy.

Back
Top Bottom