SO YOU "THINK" YOU WANT A GUN BAN. DO YOU KNOW WHAT THAT COULD MEAN?

Why not implement non-lethal ammunition??...give civilians guns with rubber bulllets and let law enforcers carry live ammo...you don't need to take someone's life to protect yourself, shoot them with a rubber bullet and call the cops.

As a gun owner, I don't think that would fly. The presence of a gun escalates the situation almost immediately. If I'm going to fire a gun at someone with LIVE AMMO, my gun better have live ammo too. I'm not sacrificing my life for some rubber bullets.

I never understood why
Increased gun safety has to mean a total ban on gun
but here we are
Black and white country of ours
:smh:

What in your opinion is increased gun safety?

Taking guns out of the hands of those most likely to commit a mass murder crime.

But then the question arises, How do you know is gonna commit that type of crime?

Honestly, all these degenerates who commit these mass murders were "law abiding citizens" up until the point that they pulled the trigger. So we need to find a way to have more awareness and knowledge of who the person really is that wants these weapons...there needs to be MUCH more regulation and checks and balances added to the system (registration of all legally obtained firearms in a database, more due diligence in background checks with mental/written exams, gun safety classes before you can officially own your weapon, and stop the sale of guns at things like gun shows in the secondary market that don't require these rules to be followed.)

I never understood why
but here we are

Taking guns out of the hands of those most likely to commit a mass murder crime.

But then the question arises, How do you know is gonna commit that type of crime?

Honestly, all these degenerates who commit these mass murders were "law abiding citizens" up until the point that they pulled the trigger. So we need to find a way to have more awareness and knowledge of who the person really is that wants these weapons...there needs to be MUCH more regulation and checks and balances added to the system (registration of all legally obtained firearms in a database, more due diligence in background checks with mental/written exams, gun safety classes before you can officially own your weapon, and stop the sale of guns at things like gun shows in the secondary market that don't require these rules to be followed.)

There are a lot of things that need to be done before the problem can be remedied entirely, but steps must be taken in the right direction. The hardest part is starting, so let's start.

I think the basis for all problems is poor education. Prevention is the best defense, and that comes from education. Start incorporating safety courses in schools. You can't fear something that you understand.

How come all you gun owners can't fathom a world without guns? I hear all these hypothetical justifications for the right to bear arms, but it seems like the societal trade off for one's constitutional right to shoot birds is these kinds of tragedies like Sandy Hook. In my opinion, it just seems like a very individual-based argument that gun owners are making. How badly do you need to own a gun?

If I saw a dude breaking in with a gun I'm not even touching my gun with rubber bullets. That's asking to get shot. I don't know where you guys live but people breaking into houses here and shooting a few people isn't uncommon. I know a dude who got shot in the *** AFTER he gave the dude his wallet when he was washing his car. I also know dudes who carry and it's saved them from being robbed.

I own an AK shooting is a fun hobby. I got an AK because ammo was dirt cheap and they are fun to shoot. I don't even have ammo for it at the moment so it's not like I'm living in fear. You wouldn't catch me using it for home defense. 7.62 would probably go through at least 2 houses and def go though a human and keep going. I'd cop a 300 dollar shotgun for that.

The sad truth is violence is part of our culture and you can't change it by banning guns. You can always find a cheap gun illegally. A bullet tax? :lol: I'll reload my own. If you just want to kill some people you'll suck it up and pay or steal them.

Everyone calling for an assault ban. a fully auto gun of any type is thousands of dollars. Like 10k plus. I don't see the point of banning them because they have hi-cap mags and look scary. It's not like you can't put extended mags on shotguns and pistols too.

I don't know what the answer is but I don't think it's.a ban. Look at Mexico it's almost impossible to legally own a gun there. But you know damn well alot of people carry guns and alot of good people are breaking the law to protect themselves. Also Sweden has mad guns and low violence. I'm gonna blame it on the culture.

Bingo! And add to that extreme checks and balances for shop owners. It's as simple as if the acquire 400 guns in a year then they should have sales records and legit documents on all sales, point blank. But to be honest anything less than a total ban will not even begin to chip away at the problem. There is a shop near me, that got busted for selling weapons acquired from a government defense contractor, military grade weapons, SMH. And lastly, we need to stop leaning on "the right to bear arms," which was intended to protect the minutemen from prosecution, in case the the country had to be defended again, as it was during the American Revolution. I was raised in a house with over 30 weapons my whole life and never pulled a trigger unless it was during hunting season or target practice but my situation has slowly and sadly become atypical. In this Call of Duty, to scared to take a butt whipping, anti social, clique driven society we live in something extreme is going to have to take place, limited gun ownership or even total abolishment of the "right to bear."

How come all you gun owners can't fathom a world without guns? I hear all these hypothetical justifications for the right to bear arms, but it seems like the societal trade off for one's constitutional right to shoot birds is these kinds of tragedies like Sandy Hook. In my opinion, it just seems like a very individual-based argument that gun owners are making. How badly do you need to own a gun?

[COLOR=#red]I imagined world peace and a world without crime. Then I woke up. That's about as valid as imagining a "world" without guns.[/COLOR]

I never understood why
but here we are

There are a lot of things that need to be done before the problem can be remedied entirely, but steps must be taken in the right direction. The hardest part is starting, so let's start.

I think the basis for all problems is poor education. Prevention is the best defense, and that comes from education. Start incorporating safety courses in schools. You can't fear something that you understand.

I agree, that's why I posted some things that could be implemented as a start. But why should the burden be placed on educating children in school? They should not have to worry about their lives being in danger, the education needs to be on the gun owners themselves, when you purchase a weapon made to solely kill animals or other humans you have the burden and responsibility to society at large to be educated on proper safety, and understanding of what the power you hold in your hands can do. School kids have enough much more important things to worry about (Science, Technology, Math, etc.) its the gun owners who need to be educated and have mandated lessons and classes and written exams before they can own a firearm. If people have to take a test to drive a car, then you damn well can implement testing for people to own these potentially deadly firearms, including proper storage and not leaving your guns out where they can be easily found by any John Doe.

[COLOR=#red]I imagined world peace and a world without crime. Then I woke up. That's about as valid as imagining a "world" without guns.[/COLOR]

So we should make "soft targets" like elementary schools as difficult to attack as "hard targets" like police stations? and where the hell is this sense of vulnerability coming from? you saying people cant get through life safely without a gun?

Just my 2 cents... And I'll keep it short.

Drugs are illegal, right? But the homeless, to college kids, to the elite in society know if they want them, they can get them. Same thing with anyone that is planning to commit a crime. (Think back to the North Hollywood shootout with police in 1997.)

Furthermore, the Second Amendment wasn't written so hunters can hunt and we could simply protect themselves from cat burglars. It's so the people can protect themselves from tyranny and the government from having too much control. Remember, the colonies of the United States just got done FIGHTING for freedom from a tyrannical British government.

If you conspiracy nuts really believe in a new world order or a terror organization wanting to attack the citizens of America, a weaponless America sounds ripe for the taking.

Nonetheless, gun laws should be reviewed and updated if need be, but we'd be shooting ourselves in the foot if we took guns out of all citizens' hands. (No pun intended)

I never understood why
but here we are

I agree, that's why I posted some things that could be implemented as a start. But why should the burden be placed on educating children in school? They should not have to worry about their lives being in danger, the education needs to be on the gun owners themselves, when you purchase a weapon made to solely kill animals or other humans you have the burden and responsibility to society at large to be educated on proper safety, and understanding of what the power you hold in your hands can do. School kids have enough much more important things to worry about (Science, Technology, Math, etc.) its the gun owners who need to be educated and have mandated lessons and classes and written exams before they can own a firearm. If people have to take a test to drive a car, then you damn well can implement testing for people to own these potentially deadly firearms, including proper storage and not leaving your guns out where they can be easily found by any John Doe.

Absolutely. Better education among gun owners, tests to determine whether they're capable of handling such a firearm, they're all good ideas that should be implemented.

Back
Top Bottom