SoCal Snowboarding New Season!

Hey guys, im new to SoCAL and just recently moved here (Tustin)
when i used to live in NorCAL i used to go to Lake tahoe almost every day, 25 bucks lift ticket all day
pimp.gif

What ski resort aroudn SoCAL, is the cheapest??

Hey guys, im new to SoCAL and just recently moved here (Tustin)
when i used to live in NorCAL i used to go to Lake tahoe almost every day, 25 bucks lift ticket all day
pimp.gif

What ski resort aroudn SoCAL, is the cheapest??

if you dont mind the snow quality yet you want something easy on the gas, mountain high is your best bet. i live in irvine and it took me an hour and a half toget there. $40 for an 8-hour pass i believe. big bear/snow summit is a bit over 2 hours away, and from what i read, day passes are $35, but i got theimpression big bear is way better.

calling in for work tomorrow, heading out to bear. hopefully it aint too lumpy with the fresh powder.

gonna use the homies active skateshop paycheck to get me a free lift ticket
laugh.gif

^ according to the website yes chains are required.

man its hard to find friends to go with during the week. couldnt go to bear mtn today. ugh.
eyes.gif

^^ Go with like ur brother or something, i always go with my sister but i end up ditching her lol.
i just love free riding by my self, appreciating the nature
pimp.gif

My boy at Bear says its like heaven. Fresh Powder and it keeps on coming. I cant wait until my first run down the mountain...

man, very little visibility, fresh powder, hardly anyone there, and just with the homies is wussup. definitely gonna try and make it out there thursday again.

its supposed to snow all week next week too...

Originally Posted by do12jet

snowed a bit today at high.
and solesavage, people are like that everywhere. i think your biased opinion has led you to believe that, or rather, to look for faults on the mountain. it may be a small resort, but the ease of the drive keeps it in balance. and i don't know what you mean by "slow" lifts. all two-seater lifts are that slow. if you ride a quad, it's also the same everywhere.
mammoth/tahoe/bear are fun and bigger, but that doesn't make mt high any less fun and any less of a resort. fun to ride around with friends & their park is usually on point. i mean, if people want long open runs, then of course, mt high really isn't the place for you (although there is east).
but for the people that aren't weekend warriors (not saying you are), it's still really fun and gets the job done.

and tahoe has northstar and boreal as well. but i'd say northstar over boreal

my bad on the late response. I understand that there is posers everywhere. I've been boarding since 97' and I see it everywhere. However the thing withMt. High is that the mountain is so damn small that the posers there stand out so much more than anywhere else. I know I am not the only one that feels thisway. It's like a poser summit lol Its not that serious though, I just notice this a lot more at mt. high than any other mountain.

Thats why I dont like to drive to mt. high, because of the short runs. If I am going to drive over an hour I would rather make it to bear, and drive an extrahour for a better ride. If I am in a rush and just want to board a few runs, then i'll make it out to Mt. High, it really doesnt matter. If I want to makea day out of it, I'll make it out to bear and spend a night out there, and board for two days.

Where do you fellas buy your Bear tickets? I heard Costco sells them for cheap.

I never really understood the meaning of "poser" when it comes to snowboarding. At the end of the day everyone goes to the mountain to do one thing,and thats to ride or learn how to ride. I highly doubt people buy snowboards and dont use them (ala Skateboard posers) nowadays. Its way to big to be anaccessory. So what exactly do you mean posers? Those kids with the tight snowboard pants? Or the hip hop baggy pants dudes with the baggy hoodies? Its alljust an expression of style. It doesnt matter how long youve been boarding, all that matters is that you A) Ride B) Want to learn how to ride. If anythingthe people I hate are those boarders with the attitudes that think they are better than everyone else. Just because you can F/S 270 on 270 off a box doesntmake you any better than the girl barely learning how to hit boxes. We were all there at one point or another. Which is why I actually like Mt High WAAAAAAAYbetter than Bear. Bear is just full of elitiest Park hogging snobs that look down upon you at every jib and jump. Everyone Ive encountered at Mt High isfriendly and ends up being my homie. I like Mt High because I can roll up there every weekend by myself and know ill run into atleat 1 person I can ridewith. Its like fam. Yeah it may be small and crowded, but ive had sessions at Mt High that rival any other mountain ive ridden. Whistler BC, Mammoth,Heavenly, Park City. Its about having fun.

Originally Posted by Jeuce

I never really understood the meaning of "poser" when it comes to snowboarding. At the end of the day everyone goes to the mountain to do one thing, and thats to ride or learn how to ride. I highly doubt people buy snowboards and dont use them (ala Skateboard posers) nowadays. Its way to big to be an accessory. So what exactly do you mean posers? Those kids with the tight snowboard pants? Or the hip hop baggy pants dudes with the baggy hoodies? Its all just an expression of style. It doesnt matter how long youve been boarding, all that matters is that you A) Ride B) Want to learn how to ride. If anything the people I hate are those boarders with the attitudes that think they are better than everyone else. Just because you can F/S 270 on 270 off a box doesnt make you any better than the girl barely learning how to hit boxes. We were all there at one point or another. Which is why I actually like Mt High WAAAAAAAY better than Bear. Bear is just full of elitiest Park hogging snobs that look down upon you at every jib and jump. Everyone Ive encountered at Mt High is friendly and ends up being my homie. I like Mt High because I can roll up there every weekend by myself and know ill run into atleat 1 person I can ride with. Its like fam. Yeah it may be small and crowded, but ive had sessions at Mt High that rival any other mountain ive ridden. Whistler BC, Mammoth, Heavenly, Park City. Its about having fun.

Trust me, and I know a few cats that spend loot on expensive gear without ever learning how to board. I dont mind new riders coming in and learning, but whenpeople purposely show up in bunches to try and stunt and get in the way, it becomes an issue to me. You might not see it because you might be one of them.
laugh.gif
I take newbies all the time with me and I teach them the basics. Ithas nothing to do with new riders or elitist riders who think they own the mountain.(They irritate me as well)

To each his own. I try not to judge people, but after riding for so long, I came to the conclusion that I dont like mt. high due to various reasons. If youlike it more power to you, keep riding there.

yo NT so i havent skiied in over 8 years and wanna get back into it...where would be the best place to cop some used skiis and figure out what size skiis ineed?

im 5 10 165 if that helps...

thanks guys

^I have no idea about skis, but if I were you I'd check your local craigslist, you can easily find what you need for a bargain.

sick.gif
@ your sig

my local craigslist (orange county) sucked there was nothing...

dont hate on the sig, im from NY

Originally Posted by Ecook0808

yo NT so i havent skiied in over 8 years and wanna get back into it...where would be the best place to cop some used skiis and figure out what size skiis i need?

im 5 10 165 if that helps...

thanks guys
Hey, I'm not sure where you're located, but if you're willing to drive out toSan Gabriel, there's a place I went to with alot ofcheap stuff. It's called Ski and Snowboard Liquidation Center. Here's their website: http://www.skiandsnowlc.com/http://www.skiandsnowlc.com/. They sell alot of new gear from past seasons. I got an alphanumeric snowboard jacket fromthat place for like 30 bucks. And they got a grip of ski gear from what I remember from last season. As for online whiskeymilitia.com is for snowboarders,while they post up more ski gear on steepandcheap.com and tramdock.com. They're all from the same company backcountry.com. Hopefully that helps you outon finding ski gear.

The Ski and Snowboard Liquidation Center is a good spot and good people work there too. Only bought some impact shorts from there, but they have some gooddeals.

I ended up going to Mt. High on Friday, it was pretty packed, well that is what I heard from people in the West Resort. They Sold Out for the day and theparking was bad. I ended up staying in the East resort (1-4:30pm), and went home when it closed. Too many people in the West, always,
smh.gif
. I was working outthe kinks and getting the rust out, so the open space in the East Resort was
smokin.gif
. Since it doesn't have any jumps or boxes/rails it is usually empty.

Originally Posted by solesavage

Originally Posted by Jeuce

I never really understood the meaning of "poser" when it comes to snowboarding. At the end of the day everyone goes to the mountain to do one thing, and thats to ride or learn how to ride. I highly doubt people buy snowboards and dont use them (ala Skateboard posers) nowadays. Its way to big to be an accessory. So what exactly do you mean posers? Those kids with the tight snowboard pants? Or the hip hop baggy pants dudes with the baggy hoodies? Its all just an expression of style. It doesnt matter how long youve been boarding, all that matters is that you A) Ride B) Want to learn how to ride. If anything the people I hate are those boarders with the attitudes that think they are better than everyone else. Just because you can F/S 270 on 270 off a box doesnt make you any better than the girl barely learning how to hit boxes. We were all there at one point or another. Which is why I actually like Mt High WAAAAAAAY better than Bear. Bear is just full of elitiest Park hogging snobs that look down upon you at every jib and jump. Everyone Ive encountered at Mt High is friendly and ends up being my homie. I like Mt High because I can roll up there every weekend by myself and know ill run into atleat 1 person I can ride with. Its like fam. Yeah it may be small and crowded, but ive had sessions at Mt High that rival any other mountain ive ridden. Whistler BC, Mammoth, Heavenly, Park City. Its about having fun.

Trust me, and I know a few cats that spend loot on expensive gear without ever learning how to board. I dont mind new riders coming in and learning, but when people purposely show up in bunches to try and stunt and get in the way, it becomes an issue to me. You might not see it because you might be one of them.
laugh.gif
I take newbies all the time with me and I teach them the basics. It has nothing to do with new riders or elitist riders who think they own the mountain.(They irritate me as well)

To each his own. I try not to judge people, but after riding for so long, I came to the conclusion that I dont like mt. high due to various reasons. If you like it more power to you, keep riding there.

i don't know if that's meant to be a joke, but i've seen jeuce ride, and he's not one of "them." haha and no, i'm not kissing$@*. i can respect that you don't like high, it's just i don't necessarily agree with calling riders posers unless you hear them claiming, only tosee them nowhere near said claimed level (but if that's happened, disregard this haha). i don't really think it's the gear that makes the rider arider or a poser. but then again, that's just my opinion and i'm not saying it's right or wrong. anyway, we should end that discussion since thisweek's snowfall has been crazy. we need to be boarding haha
edit: why is yuku making this all bunched up into one paragraph hahah

Jesus Jeuce can't even pass Go on a Monopoly Board. What make's you think he could snowboard?

Maaaiiillll Maaaaaaan

Ive been dying to get up to Mt High already. Work has been crazy and my weekends crazier. However, ill finally be able to go up Christmas morning. Thenprobably friday morning and saturday morning and sunday morning as well. The Mail Man will be there as well Rocky.
laugh.gif
Usually though, ill only ride from 8-12. WAAAAAAY too crowded after that. Hows the park setup at west btw? Anyone else down to roll?

Bump.

Perfect weekend to hit up the slopes. Planning to head up to snow summit, however I'm scared my is300 won't make it up there. I've never driven upbig bear while it's snowing, so im kinda nervous. Any tips?

I was actually at Mt. High when it started snowing (Thursday afternoon). It isn't snowing at low elevations, as soon as we hit Wrighwood it was rain, notsnow. I don't know about Bear/Summitt but I would take some chains.

Back
Top Bottom