SoCal's newest food truck... Waffles de Liege! Serving up authentic liege waffles!!!

Originally Posted by s dubl

Originally Posted by recycledpaper

Originally Posted by xtianp

One more thing, when you guys do start out be sure to come out to my area, Pasadena 626. I'll call up my family usually about 6-10 of us. Just saying. Still looking forward to this...

for sure, we actually source our coffee beans from jones coffee, who's based in pasadena. we need to get a health permit from pasadena first since they have their own health department (so inconvenient lol) but as soon as that happens we're going to be frequenting pasadena. and yep i will be in contact with you for sure. i really appreciate your response and support, i'm looking forward to meeting you in person *thumbs up*
dont forget palmdale
laugh.gif

Of course!
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by Mojodmonky1

do you guys do any savory waffles?

my building has a different lunch truck come in every Wed since the little sandwich shop downstairs closed up. It seems like there always seems to be a decent lunch crowd willing to tryout the lunch truck of the week (past weeks have been Kogi, Border Grill, some Chicks that serve Burgers garbage, and Flying Pig this week). If you guys have savory lunch foods (chicken and waffle sandwich maybe
smile.gif
), maybe I can pass along your info to our building manager about getting you guys scheduled.

We don't serve savory waffles or have any savory menu items... yet. My biggest regret was not being able to include savory menu items due to lack of room for additional equipment, as well as a powerful enough generator to provide the juice.

May I ask where you work? Maybe you can convince your building manager, as well as your employees, to splurge a lunch meal on some dessert waffles
laugh.gif
pimp.gif
(jk). What we ARE doing is working on a bacon-infused waffle recipe that we can use with our current waffle iron, just need to test it more before we can provide it on our truck. I'm sure it won't be enough though. Our second truck will most definitely feature a decked out menu that will include a whole bunch of savory waffle items.

my building has a different lunch truck come in every Wed since the little sandwich shop downstairs closed up. It seems like there always seems to be a decent lunch crowd willing to tryout the lunch truck of the week (past weeks have been Kogi, Border Grill, some Chicks that serve Burgers garbage, and Flying Pig this week). If you guys have savory lunch foods (chicken and waffle sandwich maybe
smile.gif
), maybe I can pass along your info to our building manager about getting you guys scheduled.

We don't serve savory waffles or have any savory menu items... yet. My biggest regret was not being able to include savory menu items due to lack of room for additional equipment, as well as a powerful enough generator to provide the juice.

May I ask where you work? Maybe you can convince your building manager, as well as your employees, to splurge a lunch meal on some dessert waffles
laugh.gif
pimp.gif
(jk). What we ARE doing is working on a bacon-infused waffle recipe that we can use with our current waffle iron, just need to test it more before we can provide it on our truck. I'm sure it won't be enough though. Our second truck will most definitely feature a decked out menu that will include a whole bunch of savory waffle items.

smile.gif

laugh.gif
pimp.gif

I work in Century City so there is a fairly large lunch crowd in the area.  I mean... I work in one of the smaller buildings here which consists of 2 seperate towers/buildings and it has to be atleast 15 floors.  call it 50-100 people per floor (per building), and theres 2000+ hungry stomachs waiting to be filled.

My building is managed by CBRE.  The address is 1800 Century Park East, LA, CA.  Here is the building website www.northropplaza.com

Honestly, I would call CBRE.  Let them know that you heard they bring in a food truck every wed and ask if you could supplement the current food truck they have coming in on a wed.  Since you guys are a dessert only truck, maybe building management will agree since you wont be taking any business from the other truck.  I dont know what kind of agreement the building has with the trucks (if they charge the trucks to come in) but maybe you could find out?

If yall do manage to work something out, free waffle for the recommendation? 
smile.gif
  I'll throw you the NT handshake so you know its me.

smile.gif

laugh.gif
pimp.gif

I work in Century City so there is a fairly large lunch crowd in the area.  I mean... I work in one of the smaller buildings here which consists of 2 seperate towers/buildings and it has to be atleast 15 floors.  call it 50-100 people per floor (per building), and theres 2000+ hungry stomachs waiting to be filled.

My building is managed by CBRE.  The address is 1800 Century Park East, LA, CA.  Here is the building website www.northropplaza.com

Honestly, I would call CBRE.  Let them know that you heard they bring in a food truck every wed and ask if you could supplement the current food truck they have coming in on a wed.  Since you guys are a dessert only truck, maybe building management will agree since you wont be taking any business from the other truck.  I dont know what kind of agreement the building has with the trucks (if they charge the trucks to come in) but maybe you could find out?

If yall do manage to work something out, free waffle for the recommendation? 
smile.gif
  I'll throw you the NT handshake so you know its me.

I will most definitely try out your truck and I'm not a food truck person whatsoever. I'll always help out an NTer. I'm going to tell you
I'm from NT. Slide me an extra scoop on ice cream on there for ya boy.
laugh.gif

I will most definitely try out your truck and I'm not a food truck person whatsoever. I'll always help out an NTer. I'm going to tell you
I'm from NT. Slide me an extra scoop on ice cream on there for ya boy.
laugh.gif

hey guys, i'm friends with OP and since he got banned (whether temporarily or permanently, we don't know) i'm going to answer some questions on his behalf. these are words out of his mouth!

@mojo: thanks for the info and recommendation. free waffle for sure, just hit us up on twitter or ask for me when you're at the truck
smile.gif
. i have a decent memory for a 23yo so i'll most likely remember you. thanks again.

@Dilated: waffles will start at $4 (introductory price). whether there will be a price increase will depend on how cash flow looks from a business POV but we're going to make a concerted effort to keep prices LOW while maintaining high quality food items. the waffles in the photos are smaller than what we're planning to serve... imagine them a bit bigger and that's the size we're aiming for. you can read our full menu here: http://www.wafflesdeliege.com/menu/.

@Greezee: appreciate it! Yep just ask for me and I'll make sure to get you that extra ice cream scoop
pimp.gif

hey guys, i'm friends with OP and since he got banned (whether temporarily or permanently, we don't know) i'm going to answer some questions on his behalf. these are words out of his mouth!

@mojo: thanks for the info and recommendation. free waffle for sure, just hit us up on twitter or ask for me when you're at the truck
smile.gif
. i have a decent memory for a 23yo so i'll most likely remember you. thanks again.

@Dilated: waffles will start at $4 (introductory price). whether there will be a price increase will depend on how cash flow looks from a business POV but we're going to make a concerted effort to keep prices LOW while maintaining high quality food items. the waffles in the photos are smaller than what we're planning to serve... imagine them a bit bigger and that's the size we're aiming for. you can read our full menu here: http://www.wafflesdeliege.com/menu/.

@Greezee: appreciate it! Yep just ask for me and I'll make sure to get you that extra ice cream scoop
pimp.gif

lol mojo!

i work down the block from you/pink taco at the WCM building a block from clementines-good lookin out with the ad job advice months back!

kb8, is the op gone/not able to read pms? i was talking to him via pm about somethin-can u send me his email address?

lol mojo!

i work down the block from you/pink taco at the WCM building a block from clementines-good lookin out with the ad job advice months back!

kb8, is the op gone/not able to read pms? i was talking to him via pm about somethin-can u send me his email address?

Nt discount? ive never bought anything from a food truck except the ones that come to my job..

how do i find you?

Nt discount? ive never bought anything from a food truck except the ones that come to my job..

how do i find you?

i just had your guys waffles on your soft opening. it was on Friday, March 25 at Speedzone in the City of Industry. I just want you to know you guys did a great job. Their waffles are by far the best waffles I have ever had. I got the waffles with strawberries and chocolate sauce and white chocolate sauce. It was super LEGIT. Everyone should go check em out ....ASAP.

i just had your guys waffles on your soft opening. it was on Friday, March 25 at Speedzone in the City of Industry. I just want you to know you guys did a great job. Their waffles are by far the best waffles I have ever had. I got the waffles with strawberries and chocolate sauce and white chocolate sauce. It was super LEGIT. Everyone should go check em out ....ASAP.

Originally Posted by kix28

thanks!! im glad to hear you enjoyed the waffles and that we did a good job in your eyes.. we were anxious since it was our first official run serving. your comments make us feel great! haha.

Originally Posted by kix28

thanks!! im glad to hear you enjoyed the waffles and that we did a good job in your eyes.. we were anxious since it was our first official run serving. your comments make us feel great! haha.

Back
Top Bottom