** Soccer/Futbol/Football Feet, Kits and Gear - 2013 **

anybody know any sites with jersey sales going on? Need some from Arsenal and Bayern specifically..

anybody in here use TruSox?

The allure of no blisters is intriguing me. But i always double up my sox when i play and i know they said you shouldn't do that with trusox it should be in direct contact with your foot and the boot. So are they thick? Or will i not have that super snug fit in my cleats with just one sock?

The price tag is keeping me from actually buying. $35 with soccer goal club....way too pricey for just socks for me. But they sound like a good idea.

^^ Been wearing TruSox for a couple months.  I don't usually double up on socks, and they are thicker than wearing one pair so they may be snug for you.  I like my shoes tight and half-size down so that + TruSox is perfect.

Definitely keeps foot from sliding around.  Even in wet conditions they hold up pretty well.

The key is to not let the sock bunch up too much in any one place, under the arch or at the corners of toebox.

Sometimes the grippy pad rolls up on the top of my outside toe and can cause discomfort, but if you tighten em up and stretch it away from there it should be good.

I went with the crew length and just chopped a couple old pairs of socks to slide over my guards, don't even need to tape really.

^^ Been wearing TruSox for a couple months.  I don't usually double up on socks, and they are thicker than wearing one pair so they may be snug for you.  I like my shoes tight and half-size down so that + TruSox is perfect.

Definitely keeps foot from sliding around.  Even in wet conditions they hold up pretty well.

The key is to not let the sock bunch up too much in any one place, under the arch or at the corners of toebox.
Sometimes the grippy pad rolls up on the top of my outside toe and can cause discomfort, but if you tighten em up and stretch it away from there it should be good.

I went with the crew length and just chopped a couple old pairs of socks to slide over my guards, don't even need to tape really.

Really appreciate the feedback man. I am the same way half size down as tight to foot as possible. I just hate socks these days being microfiber material. They are all too thin and cause a lot of slipping. So i usually do the soccer sock on the inside and a crew sock on the outside that is mostly a cotton blend so its soft and fills the shoe tighter. I would have no problem cutting the socks since i don't wear them straight up anyway.

Will prob order a pair and see how it goes. I wish i could find them at a soccer specific store but there aren't many of them around me and the ones i called don't carry them.

Really appreciate the feedback man. I am the same way half size down as tight to foot as possible. I just hate socks these days being microfiber material. They are all too thin and cause a lot of slipping. So i usually do the soccer sock on the inside and a crew sock on the outside that is mostly a cotton blend so its soft and fills the shoe tighter. I would have no problem cutting the socks since i don't wear them straight up anyway.

Will prob order a pair and see how it goes. I wish i could find them at a soccer specific store but there aren't many of them around me and the ones i called don't carry them.
And btw I wear a size 10.5 in the CTR Maestri III.  I have Large TruSox.  They aren't terribly big, but if my feet were smaller I might try the Medium.

The new colors are nice, white is fine, but that black looks sharp.

And btw I wear a size 10.5 in the CTR Maestri III.  I have Large TruSox.  They aren't terribly big, but if my feet were smaller I might try the Medium.
The new colors are nice, white is fine, but that black looks sharp.

I am a 10.5 in Vapors :lol: I have narrow feet so i like extra cushion the double sock provides normally to fill out the shoe. Our team wears mostly black socks so i think i am going to try the black ones out in a Large thanks again

just ordered these! I don't need the flash. Im a simple man... i like beans and rice....

plus i got super wide feet.

I have been tempted for a while, but after your feedback (from an actual use standpoint), I ended up purchasing a white crew L pair. Hope the $35 is well spent.

does anybody have a Swoosh account? tryna get a jersey or 2 for the low :nerd:

will share a hook-up in return

Last edited:
Damn I also wanted to ask about TruSox a couple of weeks ago, but didn't have the guts to do so :rofl:
Thanks for the feedback

anybody know any sites with jersey sales going on? Need some from Arsenal and Bayern specifically..
worldsoccershop is having a sale on select kits til Sunday.

Fellas, I have a question about football boots. I want to know what is the difference between entry-level priced boots and the higher priced ones when they're basically the same silo. For example I have the adidas Predator Absolion LZ that I picked up from adidas.com for ~$55 a while back
http://www.adidas.com/us/product/me...adcrumb=svZu2Z1z13xg8Z1z13y8wZ1z13y9uZ1z13071

Then there's the adidas Predator LZ, which is basically the same boot but much more expensive.
http://www.adidas.com/us/product/me...adcrumb=svZu2Z1z13xg8Z1z13y8wZ1z13y9uZ1z13071

So what is the difference besides price?

Damn I also wanted to ask about TruSox a couple of weeks ago, but didn't have the guts to do so :rofl:
Thanks for the feedback

worldsoccershop is having a sale on select kits til Sunday.

Fellas, I have a question about football boots. I want to know what is the difference between entry-level priced boots and the higher priced ones when they're basically the same silo. For example I have the adidas Predator Absolion LZ that I picked up from adidas.com for ~$55 a while back

Then there's the adidas Predator LZ, which is basically the same boot but much more expensive.

I believe the difference is the Upper. I personally have never played in LZs but people rave about the Hybridtouch synthetic upper on the LZ. It is very lightweight and pliable/soft which leads to a good touch on the ball. The Absolion has a heavier synthetic upper that is not the same as the hybrid touch. The soleplate looks the same on both boots to me. But the LZ says its the SprintFrame while the Absolion says TPU with traxion 2.0. So that may also add to the weight discrepancy between boots.

LZ - 8 ozs
Absolion - 9.4 ozs

all football boots have a line of 'takedown models'; it's easier to see the differences on Nike's Mercurial/T90 lines but as for the Adidas Predator/F50 takedowns (I'm speaking from experience; in my opinion F30s/F10s SUCK but the first Predator takedown model is a GREAT value), it's different. Predator takedowns (except the first one) don't get the LZ "pads" & F-30s/other F-50 takedowns get thicker (cheaper) synthetic uppers which Adidas thinks adds "additional comfort" for beginners looking for an affordable boot when in reality they're bulky (and heavier) & uncomfortable like their big brother (F-50). 1 of the best takedown boots IMO is the Mercurial Victory series from Nike--I've owned & gotten plenty of good games out of the FG & IC models. I got some low profile insoles from Shock Doctor in my FG pair to shed some weight/add comfort & love em. Got another pair of MV 2s on the way from eBay :D

takedown models [most of the time] use ALL PLASTIC soleplates (no glass/carbon fiber parts, premium insole, & boot bag like the $200+ Vapor), thinner/less-padded insoles, & use different (and cheaper) stud patterns

this is the BEST SITE for takedown model comparisons IMO

Last edited:
I believe the difference is the Upper. I personally have never played in LZs but people rave about the Hybridtouch synthetic upper on the LZ. It is very lightweight and pliable/soft which leads to a good touch on the ball. The Absolion has a heavier synthetic upper that is not the same as the hybrid touch. The soleplate looks the same on both boots to me. But the LZ says its the SprintFrame while the Absolion says TPU with traxion 2.0. So that may also add to the weight discrepancy between boots.

LZ - 8 ozs
Absolion - 9.4 ozs

all football boots have a line of 'takedown models'; it's easier to see the differences on Nike's Mercurial/T90 lines but as for the Adidas Predator/F50 takedowns (I'm speaking from experience; in my opinion F30s/F10s SUCK but the first Predator takedown model is a GREAT value), it's different. Predator takedowns (except the first one) don't get the LZ "pads" & F-30s/other F-50 takedowns get thicker (cheaper) synthetic uppers which Adidas thinks adds "additional comfort" for beginners looking for an affordable boot when in reality they're bulky (and heavier) & uncomfortable like their big brother (F-50). 1 of the best takedown boots IMO is the Mercurial Victory series from Nike--I've owned & gotten plenty of good games out of the FG & IC models. I got some low profile insoles from Shock Doctor in my FG pair to shed some weight/add comfort & love em. Got another pair of MV 2s on the way from eBay :D

takedown models [most of the time] use ALL PLASTIC soleplates (no glass/carbon fiber parts, premium insole, & boot bag like the $200+ Vapor), thinner/less-padded insoles, & use different (and cheaper) stud patterns

this is the BEST SITE for takedown model comparisons IMO

thanks for the knowledge gentlemen :pimp:

I remember way back in 2006 while the WC was being played my mom bought me my first football boots. I remember watching Michael Ballack playing and I wanted those boots so badly. So I convinced my mom to buy me a pair since I played casually with my friends almost every day that summer. I went to the store to buy them, but they didn't have them. Instead she bought me some other adidas(can't remember the name), but they were the cheapest of the takedown models, I believe they retailed for $40. Never again will I make that mistake, they were cheap as hell and made my feet hurt, plus they smelled funny :lol:

I know shirts often look similar, but this is a bit ridiculous....

View media item 384362

I HATE HOW NIKE DISCARDED UMBRO! >:

I mean, they were a great "competitor" even if Nike owns them. I loved Umbro kits and they made dope clothes for teams too. Umbro had a different flair in the soccer clothes market that definitely will be missed IMO. I love Nike in soccer, but not if Umbro teams like England and City are Nike now. Part of the appeal of different clubs is having completely different shirts and sponsors. United and City in similar Nike shirts :smh: no bueno.

doubt its 100pair run, probably 2k ala green speed.
am i right? SE tag only for special or commemorative shyle, not any performance gimmick
just a guess on numbers, maybe more

Back
Top Bottom