** Soccer/Futbol/Football Feet, Kits and Gear - 2013 **

I had the CTR 360 Maestri 3 for last fall season and had the Maestri 2 the season before. Both were great. I had no durability issues on the maestri 3 and the kangalite feels good. Also, that pass pads and other gimmicks don't affect your game much and I didn't really notice anything special from ACC but its still a good boot.

co-signed. i've been playing in maestris since 2010 for 90% of my games/training, probably have gone through 6 pairs - i really don't see myself switching to another boot, although i'll keep an open mind towards the hypervenom if people start raving about them.

I wonder what influence Nike may have on some of those clubs updating their crests.
I wish the U.S. would really do something with that horrible USMNT crest...

Just got back from Barca this week.. I can say that I gained a whole new respect for the club and what its stood for. I also was suprised that some of them did not speak spanish.. there were times when I would approach someone with a question.. they would look confused and then answer me back in english.. I thought i was the funniest thing. After asking around i was informed that there is a population in the city who do not know a lick of spanish.. just goes to show how seperated they are from the country at times

Really looking forward to some hypervenom reviews. I think i am already sold.

But great spot Rip with Rooney's sole plate. With all the talk of Dual Layer Fiber Glass and Carbon Fiber soles its funny nike just said split toe soleplate...made of....plastic. I wonder if it will be as rigid with the same energy return as the stiff fiber glass/carbon fiber old plates.

Roma's crest :rofl: really?

The away shirt or Senyera shirt is one of the most significant shirts ever for Barca specially Catalans or Cules as it has the colors of the Catalan flag. It's almost a political statement for Catalans & you can be sure many Cules will be proud to wear that shirt. I really like the new kits. I don't wear footy shirts as I think I'm too old but I get my son as many shirts as I can.

Knowledge gained. Didnt even consider that. With that being said I still couldnt buy it since it has no meaning to me. Would anyone mind explaining to me more about the Catalan/Spain rift? I do like the 3rd alternate kit though. Thanks again.

View media item 431623View media item 431629
Jeez HotSauce23, you asked a deep question for a footy thread. :lol:

Think of Catalonia to Spain like Scotland is to England. Also Catalan the language is much different from Spanish. Catalan is not a dialect of Spanish. If I remember correctly, Catalan has more in common with French then it does the Spanish language. There are 9 or 10 million people that speak Catalan. Also, those that speak Catalan also speak Spanish.

The roots of Catalan nationalism actually date back to the 1600-1700s or so & intensified under the fascist rule of Franco who outlawed any Catalan cultural identity including Catalan celebrations & the language itself. There were periods of time Barcelona were barred from playing in competition for as long as six months under the Franco regime.

There were referendums some time ago (2007, 2008, or 2009?) that granted Catalonia some autonomy. They even have their own police force. The movement to actual independence is growing stronger. I think I read there is another referendum coming in 2014.

How does this relate to FC Barcelona? The club was started in 1899 made up of the team & club supporters that were registered members that helped the team economically (funding everything from the team salaries to it's first large capacity stadium in 1922). These members were comprised of Catalans.

During the civil war in the early or mid 1900s, some players, executives, & members for the Blaugrana & Athletic Bilbao went on to fight against the military uprising that occurred in Spain. There were times where the team was shut down by the Spanish government for long periods of time.

It's this history that gave birth to the club motto "Més que un club" (More than a club).

There is a lot of detail I didn't go over, but that's kinda of it in a nutshell. If I left anything out or if any NTers feel they need to clarify anything I wrote, please feel free to.

So not to derail this thread & since I mentioned Athletic Bilbao, here are their new shirts for 2013-2014.

View media item 431626View media item 431627

Interesting...

I had the CTR 360 Maestri 3 for last fall season and had the Maestri 2 the season before. Both were great. I had no durability issues on the maestri 3 and the kangalite feels good. Also, that pass pads and other gimmicks don't affect your game much and I didn't really notice anything special from ACC but its still a good boot.

co-signed. i've been playing in maestris since 2010 for 90% of my games/training, probably have gone through 6 pairs - i really don't see myself switching to another boot, although i'll keep an open mind towards the hypervenom if people start raving about them.

Im going to have to check the CTR360 out. Thanks for the input.

Nike has been named official kit supplier for the North American Soccer League's (NASL) New York Cosmos... Shirts will be available for pre-order from their site in June. My father took me to see them when Pele was on their side (yes I'm old). I don't remember it though. I'm too old be wearing kits/shirts, but I'm going to have to rock a tee & the fitted hat... Shirts look nice though.

View media item 435133View media item 435135View media item 435138View media item 435139View media item 435140View media item 435141

Nike has been named official kit supplier for the North American Soccer League's (NASL) New York Cosmos... Shirts will be available for pre-order from their site in June. My father took me to see them when Pele was on their side (yes I'm old). I don't remember it though. I'm too old be wearing kits/shirts, but I'm going to have to rock a tee & the fitted hat... Shirts look nice though.

Why are u too old to wear jerseys? You can never be too old to be a fan...

Not a cosmos fan, but I can appreciate their cultural impact in that time frame (I'm older as well,lol) and that documentary that ESPN had on them was pretty dope... For those reasons I could see myself buying/wearing their jersey...
If they ever make it to MLS though, i'll have to fall back, as I'm an ardent DCU fan (although given our terrible start, that isn't saying much, SMH)...

Nice post LBMC... Even though I'm a long time Barca fan, those Los Blancos/Los Merengues kits look nice.

I'm an long time ardent Nike loyalist but this adidas story of the light weight kits was pretty cool. The illustration of what adidas hopes the kits will look like are very streamlined & minimally in a nice way.

The only thing that doesn't make sense is having to wear a vest like layer.

B Fresco - I got to a point where I felt stupid wearing jerseys. I still rock tees though. Plus I can live vicariously through my son. I try to keep him laced with footy shirts.

http://extramustard.si.com/2013/05/...ayers-wont-even-know-theyre-wearing-uniforms/

POSTED MAY 29, 2013
If Adidas Has Its Way, Soccer Players Won’t Even Know They’re Wearing Uniforms
NEWS
BY TIM NEWCOMB

View media item 435388View media item 435390
The inexorable progression toward athletes competing in weightless neon-colored exoskeletons continues unabated, as adidas announced plans last weekend in London to release the world’s first-ever sub-100-gram (3.5 ounces, or lighter than an iPhone) soccer cleat and an entire uniform kit that weighs just 630 grams (1.3 pounds). Antonio Zea, adidas’ director of soccer innovation, says the cleats are in response to high demand from speed-focused athletes, who once again get their way.

If clothing that is so insubstantial sounds strange to you, it’s because it might indeed be very strange—and adidas is prepared for wearers to react accordingly when the duds hit shelves in 2015. ”From an acceptance standpoint, we want to make sure we get to the level where everybody is happy with it,” explains Zea, who admits that the future of light uniforms will take some getting used to. A current kit weighs about 1,300 grams (2.8 pounds), so getting one down to 630 grams requires a new method of manufacturing. While the baselayer portion of the uniform will remain polyester, adidas has developed a thinner yarn that makes it 50% lighter, but still with enough strength to hold basic elements we see from most uniforms these days: compression padding for support, cooling properties (adidas calls theirs ClimaCool) and sensors to monitor heart rate for training purposes.

Above the baselayer, the look starts to get funky: There’s a vest. “The bib”—an inelegant term for a vest—”over the top is just for embellishment,” Zea says, “It holds the name and number. It is extraordinarily minimalistic, similar to the bib you wear in training.”

The new shorts will no longer be knit, but rather woven with a four-way stretch design that offers small holes for ventilation. Instead of having players wear socks and a separate sleeve to hold a shin guard, the socks will include a sleeve for a completely revamped guard. Current shin barriers use plastic with foam backing to provide a blow-protecting solid front with some padding on the body. For the next-gen shields, adidas employed bike helmet-style manufacturing techniques to inject foam into a thin foil for a guard that’s 50 percent lighter, but with the same amount of protection. adidas cares about your shins.

That brings us to the cleats. Light doesn’t mean much without structure and durability, especially for elite athletes, but adidas claims that the planned 99-gram adiZero cleat is as sturdy as its current 165-gram (5.8 ounces) model, already the lightest on the market.

Instead of using actual or synthetic leather for the body of the shoe, adidas created a composite material—as yet unnamed, any suggestions?—that features a proprietary mystery woven material sandwiched between two layers of polyurethane plastic, keeping everything thin and even see-through. The entire one-piece upper adheres to a 1 millimeter-thick nylon cleat plate, with a foam insole as the third and final piece.

The whole lightweight family, including shirt, shorts, socks, shin guards and cleats, has cleared the main prototyping stages, but next comes testing and refinement, and then the most challenging step: acceptance. Former French soccer great and current Real Madrid scout Zinedine Zadine, who is sponsored by adidas, told me that the lightweight uniforms will only be effective if they can shrug off rain and sweat, ensuring that they remain light throughout a game. And that’s where you’ll get buy-in: if the players genuinely feel a new uniform improves on-field play. Of course, in this case, that may be the only thing they feel.

"it feels like I'm wearing nothing at all!"

the font on Madrid's
eyes.gif
but its acceptable

I like the font on Brasil's black third kit tho

^ The red thread on the white colored top button forms another St. George's cross.

Nike Premier Soccer Boot: Vintage Aesthetics, Innovative Tech
by Sir Lucas Leftfoot May 31, 2013

Nike-Premier-Soccer-Boot-622x327.jpg

Nike continues a rather impressive week of association football footwear today, with the unveiling of the innovative new Nike Premier soccer boot, a model that blends vintage aesthetics with cutting edge technology.

The Nike Premier’s classic look is inspired by two timeless boots: the 1971 model called simply “The Nike,” the very first shoe that the Swoosh ever adorned, and the Nike Tiempo Premier, a boot so well-regarded that 10 players in the 1994 World Cup final laced it up.

In terms of performance, the shoe features an almost barefoot level of touch and feel, thanks to the anatomically-designed foot last also seen on the new Hypervenom boot. The last eliminates excess material, bringing the foot closer to the ground and the ball than ever before.

And then there’s that beautifully premium upper, which sets a new standard for leather soccer boots thanks to its superlative level of softness and feel.

Below that, a sole plate perfectly combines a flexible forefoot with a stable midfoot, enabling a perfect range of motion and ideal traction on any surface.

The Nike Premier soccer boot releases in North America June 1st and globally July 1st.

Nike-Premier-Soccer-Boot-2.jpg

Nike-Premier-Soccer-Boot-1.jpg

Nike-Premier-Soccer-Boot-3.jpg

Nike-Premier-Soccer-Boot-4.jpg

Inspired by:

Nike Tiempo Premier

Nike-Tiempo-Premier.jpg

“The Nike” Soccer Boot

The-Nike-Soccer-Boot.jpg

Last edited:
the nike premier uses goat leather.... i'm not sure if i've seen that before? i'm guessing it's not a premium material because the boot retails for only $100.

I hate what Nike did to Umbro but I can't front, those England Aways are sick :smokin

I'm liking the black jersey. Need it to go with my other black jerseys lol thanks for posting the ndc info. Was about to overpay to get it sent to me from Brasil lol

Back
Top Bottom