* SOCCER/FUTBOL/FOOTBALL FEET, KITS AND GEAR - 2014 *

Yeah, I like them with the alternate laces too. The adult pair have more obsidian mixed into the upper whereas the kids pair are more black. I like the coloring of the adult pair much more.

anybody have a pair of the vapor 9's? Was thinking about picking up a pair and have read a lot of reviews about the back studs breaking, can anyone shed some light?

I remember hearing about the back studs breaking on the 8's somewhat frequently, never heard of studs breaking on the 9's.
It think it has to do with the heel to toe drop of the boot. The back studs are a bit more longer than all the studs in the front. So when you have them on your feet, the heel is where there is going to be the most pressure. I think that is why Nike has gone back to the four studs in the heel, to make it more balanced so to speak. It also has to do with the surface you happen to be playing on. If you play with them on the correct surface you should have no problem whatsoever. With that being said, my pair has a small crack on the "bridge" of one of the back studs.

:rofl: :rofl: this sounds like something that me and my boys would argue about when we were in our teens
:lol: don't speak a word of spanish, yet i understood every word of this
I'll translate for the folks that don't speak spanish.
Ronaldo:How can you compare Nike with Adidas?
Alonso:Adidas is history. Nike is for basketball.
Ronaldo:Yea...basketball.....for basketball?(surprised)
Alonso:Yea
Ronaldo:Nike? So those boots are better?
Alonso:Of course
Ronaldo:These boots are for top players
Alonso:They are plastic. For top players, but made of plastic. Yes those are plastic. Nike has been in football for 3 days. Adidas is Madrid. Adidas has been involved in football since the '70s, Nike has only been here 3 days.

I'm still banned, I'm not sure when I could post again and I'm not gonna go cry to the mods.

Come down and hang out with your football playing Dominican. Introduce me to all the good looking Portuguese chicks down here in So. Fla. :D.

This is going to sound odd, but I don't know any Portuguese girls in SoFlo, there's none around here. Not at my school either, just mostly American white girls. I'm a sucker for them.

The other thing, I don't play footy either. I'm horrible, last time I played serious was AYSO. I disappointed my father growing up, I'm a basketball player :lol:. I'll play some pick up footy games with friends here and there on the FAU campus but thats about it, play CB mostly, I'm tall to so I can head the ball on set pieces - that's all I'm good for. If I go to Miami to play, I don't want to embarrass myself, the way you talk about playing footy I'm assuming your good :lol:
No Portuguese chicks down here?That is absurd! I'm a sucker for white girls too, they are rare around where I live, but are abundant where I work.
I disappointed my father as well, I had all the potential of being a great baseball player, but I had other plans.

As far as me being good, you have to see for yourself. >D

Last edited:
Adidas is coming out with the WC track jackets. First countries to be featured are Spain, Argentina, & Ze Germans. The "jackets are made from 100% recycled ripstop nylon and feature, on-seam zip pockets, a full zip with hood, breathable mesh lining; raglan sleeves and contrast binding around hood and cuffs."

I think the jackets would've looked better if the primary color was the NT's primary color... :rolleyes

Spain
View media item 805915View media item 805916
Argentina
View media item 805918View media item 805919
Ze Germans
View media item 805921View media item 805922

It's like Nike and Adidas alternate every World Cup on who has the best kits. Seriously.

14 Nike
10 Adidas
06 Nike
02 Adidas
98 Nike

That's as far as I remember

Off topic,

but I decided today that I would try to send back my Nike iD black out tiempo ivs to see if I would get a voucher. The soleplate is starting to peel away from the boot in the front so I figured that might be enough to receive a voucher, but im not sure. If you guys want any pics lmk.

As far as World Cup news when is the USA kit coming out?

Last edited:
Australia using Brazil's handy downs from last year.

Nice.

Nike saving money :lol:

Last edited:
I just don't get it man. The Argentina and Germany kits don't need three white stripes. They're good without them.The jersey's can sell regardless, I know it's sort of the brand recognition but leave it alone. If it says Adidas on the front thats good enough. They're not some small company anymore.

Sometimes I see the Real kit and feel the same way. To see those historic all-white kits in pictures with DiStefano looking beautiful, then having Adidas **** all over them with color down the sleeves. Sometimes it looks good, like this year, but sometimes its just too much man.

I am a huge Madrid fan and I hate almost every jersey. I wish we would switch to Nike or even Puma. Since Ronaldo has got there I have liked 4 jerseys. The 10-11 Purple 3rd jersey, 11-12 red 3rd jersey, 11-12 white/gold home jersey and the 13/14 blue away jersey. Nike needs to make them a monster offer so their superstar soccer player is wearing a Nike kit to match his Nike cleats. That would make me just as happy as the NY Giants having Nike make their stuff now. I hated Reebok NFL apparel.

I am a huge Madrid fan and I hate almost every jersey. I wish we would switch to Nike or even Puma. Since Ronaldo has got there I have liked 4 jerseys. The 10-11 Purple 3rd jersey, 11-12 red 3rd jersey, 11-12 white/gold home jersey and the 13/14 blue away jersey. Nike needs to make them a monster offer so their superstar soccer player is wearing a Nike kit to match his Nike cleats. That would make me just as happy as the NY Giants having Nike make their stuff now. I hated Reebok NFL apparel.

I think Adidas has Real in contract for like another 10 years. Won't happen. I always thought Barca and Madrid should have switched sponsors, always made more sense for there jersey styles. But I don't see that ever happening.

I think Adidas has Real in contract for like another 10 years. Won't happen. I always thought Barca and Madrid should have switched sponsors, always made more sense for there jersey styles. But I don't see that ever happening.
Signed through 2020. 

Massive co-sign on the three stripe branding. And its spread to NBA unis. I think the NBA made it very clear they wouldn't allow the stripes on any team jerseys in the NBA, but everything else? WNBA, NBA All-Star, D-League unis? Three stripe wasted. Its like they can't help themselves. 

Those retro jerseys adidas recently came out just get me. Once upon a time, adidas didn't need stripes everywhere. You'd be lucky if they put them on the shorts or socks, but that would be it. If it was up to me, I'd keep the stripes strictly either on the sleeves or the shoulders, but not going all the way down over both. I feel like adidas always has to design around them and they interrupt sometimes a pretty decent design. 

[h2]ADIDAS NITROCHARGE 2014 WORLD CUP BOOT BATTLE PACK[/h2]
Today we can present the new Adidas Nitrocharge 2014 World Cup Boot. It's the first leak of the mysterious Adidas 2014 World Cup Battle Pack, which will be unveiled in late May 2014. Even though the pictures are showing an indoor version of the new 2014 World Cup Nitrocharge 3.0 Boot, the Nitrocharge 1.0 World Cup Soccer Cleat will feature a similar upper design.

The new Adidas Battle Pack will be used exclusively during the 2014 World Cup in Brazil and includes similar boot designs for the four different silos Adizero, Nitrocharge, Predator and Adipure, while Lionel Messi will receive a signature boot in the colors of Argentina.

^ They look fugly... Did someone's child in the design dept @ 3 stripes put that together for their 5th grade project?

The new Adidas Battle Pack will be used exclusively during the 2014 World Cup in Brazil and includes similar boot designs for the four different silos Adizero, Nitrocharge, Predator and Adipure, while Lionel Messi will receive a signature boot in the colors of Argentina.

hopefully the messi PE won't use the same design template. i realize designs sometimes grow on you, but that's not world cup-worthy from adidas.

Back
Top Bottom