* SOCCER/FUTBOL/FOOTBALL FEET, KITS AND GEAR - 2014 *

PORTUGAL UNVEILS NEW NIKE HOME KIT FOR 2014

The new Portugal home jersey boasts a tonal design of dark red and bright red stripes on the top half and sleeves. The varying sized stripes create an energizing graphic that provides a sense of speed and exhilaration.

The jersey features a dark red V-neck collar and cuffs with green trim. On either side of the Portuguese Football Federation’s crest are the years 1914 and 2014 to commemorate their centenary.

Inside the back of the neck is a red-and-green pennant tab featuring an Armillary Sphere to herald Portugal’s seafaring history. The Armillary Sphere is a navigation tool that famous Portuguese explorers used to discover the world. It has stood as a national symbol for more than 500 years and serves as the background for the Portuguese shield on the national flag.

The name and numbers on the back of the home jersey have been specially created, and are inspired by the old typefaces used on traditional Portuguese signage. The custom font is a modern take on Art Deco lettering.

“The new kit is beautiful and simple, with design details that respect the culture and history of Portugal. The technology in the shirt also helps keep me dry, cool and comfortable, and ready to play at my best on the pitch," Cristiano Ronaldo comments. “When I put on the national team’s shirt it gives me a real sense of pride — representing the fans, family and friends.”

The new shorts are dark red. Simple and iconic, the fit is slimmer and more tailored to the body, with a cut specifically designed to aid movement and comfort. The center back of the shorts feature Nike’s signature laser vents to aid in cooling and allow for moisture management. The new home socks are in the same dark red.

FRENCH FOOTBALL FEDERATION UNVEILS NEW NIKE AWAY KIT FOR 2014

Today at French Federation training ground Clairefontaine, the future of French football — Raphaël Varane, Blaise Matuidi, Paul Pogba, Yohan Cabaye and Mamadou Sakho — unveiled the new French national team away kit for 2014, and made their own personal pledges to make their nation proud this summer.

France will compete in Brasil this year in an away kit that combines their inherent style and flair for fashion with the best in performance innovation to produce an elegant new look.

“This new away kit is unmistakably French. It is understated yet stylish and gives France a clear national identity on the pitch,” said Martin Lotti, Creative Director for Nike Football. ​

The "Marinière," a classic French design motif, makes a subtle return to the away jersey in the form of a tonal grey mariner stripe.

The jersey also features a new crest, inspired by the classic cockerel worn by the French team in 1958. The symbol is enlarged, freed from its badge and given the space to become the ultimate symbol of national pride.

The crest is meticulously embroidered and inspired by the intricate bullion technique, which lends textural interest. The new and bigger blue cockerel stands proudly alone with its elegant plume of feathers elevated.

The away jersey has a stand collar, and inside the back of the neck is a small pennant featuring the red, white and blue colours of France’s tricolor flag.

The shorts are midnight navy blue and feature the same stylish and unique denim effect found in the home jersey. This fabric is inspired by the southern French town of Nimes, the birthplace of denim and originator of the fabric's name (de Nimes). Denim was invented in the 17th century as a mix between wool and silk, and Nike Football designers chose the fabric for the shorts to represent the rawness of denim and the elegance of silk.

Along each side of the shorts is selvedge-style taping, inspired by the premium denim edge-finishing technique.

GREECE UNVEILS 2014 NATIONAL TEAM KIT WITH NIKE

The new Greece home jersey is white with a blue polo collar and deep blue cuffs on the sleeves, both featuring a thin white stripe. The long concealed collar placket reflects the best of modern tailoring.

The new shorts are white. Simple and iconic, the fit is slimmer and more tailored to the body, with a cut specifically designed to aid movement and comfort. The center back of the shorts feature a meshs insert panel to aid in cooling and allow for moisture management. The new home socks are also white.

The new away kit has a reverse design with the blue jersey featuring a white polo collar and white cuffs on the sleeves, both with a thin blue stripe. Away shorts and socks are also blue

Last edited:
those Tiempo's y'all are beasting over are mad ******* ugly :lol:
I would never even touch them, specially since that scumbag Materazzi had something to do with their release
J jc1992 yo so you're just gonna duck my question man? :lol:

nike continues to do a tremendous job with the croatia kit - it's always in my top 5. if you had to pick one picture to put in the dictionary next to a soccer/football shirt, croatia's would be it.

dutch shirt will also be copped; i just need to figure out who's name i'm getting on the back.
agreed on the Croatia kit, Mandzukic is a scumbag tho

I'm kinda bummed that the Holland home does not have the graphics like earlier pics showed. I hope the away has them, cause if they do, robocopped with Sneijder nameset :pimp:

I for one love the Croatia's Home kit but honestly what are yall smoking if you can't guess what it's going to look like. That thing has subtle changes if anything.

I tweeted WSS to see if they would be releasing specific player jerseys or if I would have to customize and they replied:

World Soccer Shop ‏@worldsoccershop 18m
@cjbLV We have full authentic customization. We will release certain player jerseys once their numbers are announced.

I just want to know if they'll be releasing Graham Zusi (probably not likely) so I know if I have to customize one.
Soccer.com has it.

http://www.soccer.com/IWCatProductP...=19325325&cm_re=Grid-_-BestSellers-_-19325325

Have mixed feelings about the US jersey, but after all it is the World Cup jersey so I'll probably end up getting it.

Reminds me of the '02 World Cup jersey, except without the red side vents. Still got my '02 Ronaldo jersey though 
nthat.gif

I myself am not Greek, but it's very disappointing to see Nike drop the ball on a team that logically deserves it's own template.
Agreed. Unfortunately, i've never been impressed, even with the Adidas ones. Exactly why I've never ordered one 
laugh.gif

Brasil Debuts New Nike Away Kit For 2014

On March 5, Brasil will play the first half of a friendly in Johannesburg vs. South Africa wearing its new home kit. In the second half, the Seleção is surprising the crowd with the first on-pitch appearance of the new Brasil away kit, completing the national team 2014 wardrobe composed of home, away and third kits.

Designers drew inspiration for the away kit from the energy and movement Brasilian people bring to sport, dance and life.

The traditional away blue jersey features tonal stripes that celebrate the country’s national pride through a series of tiny geometric circles and diamonds taken from the Brasilian flag. Blue gradients of the stripes add to the jersey’s dynamic style.

The blue background also reflects the beauty of the ocean on Brasil’s coastline and the nation’s renowned surf culture. The jersey boasts an enlarged Brasilian crest, imbued with a gold metallic weave to produce a bright, shimmering effect.

Behind this crest, on the inside of the jersey, a circular design features the diamond from the Brasilian flag, which is surrounded by the phrase, "Nascido para jogar futebol," Brasilian Portuguese for "Born to Play Football."

Nike worked with acclaimed Brasilian designer Bruno Big to create the pennant tab inside the back of the neck that shows the Southern Cross, the constellation of stars on the nation’s flag. These stars shined over Rio de Janeiro when the Brasilian republic was proclaimed in 1889.

The names and numbers on the back of the jerseys and on the front of the shorts have a unique font inspired by the hand-printed posters seen on streets across Brasil.

Simple and iconic, the white away shorts have a slimmer fit that is more tailored to the body. This is based on fit research, producing a cut specifically designed to aid movement and comfort. The center back of the shorts features Nike’s signature laser vents to promote cooling and moisture management.

Blue away socks complete the classic Brasilian look.

Last edited:
liking the brazil away, looks like the team is switching to them at haftime of todays game. wondering if theyll even wear the third kits at all.

love the brazil away....god i hope the usa away looks good....i don't want that white polo they call a home jersey...but the leaked picture of the usa away looks like a training top to me.

liking the brazil away, looks like the team is switching to them at haftime of todays game. wondering if theyll even wear the third kits at all.
That is true. They wore both kits. I hope they wear their Third kit at least once in competition

March 5 Friendly rundown

Brazil Home (Oscar in Carnaval Predators)

Brazil Away (worn in 2nd half)

Germany Away

Chile Away/Germany Away

Spain Away/Italy Home

Holland Home (orange change shorts)

France Home/Holland Home

South Korea Home/Greece Home

Russia Away

Belgium Home/Ivory Coast Away

USA home

Switzerland Home/Croatia Away

Wales Away

Australia

Uruguay Home/Austria Away

Last edited:
That Brazil away kit is fire... Will have to get my son a Thiago away shirt if/when it's available... Actually, all the kits look alright.

Back
Top Bottom