* SOCCER/FUTBOL/FOOTBALL FEET, KITS AND GEAR - 2014 *

i was on the fence about the Germany away, but those pics make it look terrible :smh:

My favorite of the bunch is the France kit.. everything is :pimp: .. blue shirt, white shorts, and red socks :pimp: :pimp:

Soccerbible has some great pics of the magista too but idk how i feel about them but i def would love to play in them and see how they feel

It's different for sure & def seems like a boot someone has to try on to see how it feels & more importantly who it plays in.

France has the best kit out, so classy.

Where's the Portugal pics?
eyes.gif

i don't have a problem copping the magistas (i'll wait for less flamboyant CW's), but i hope nike thinks about offering a soleplate with blades.

Do these high top football boots mean players are going to stop wearing tape on the ankles? :lol:

As far as price goes I heard 320 for the magistra obra(?) the one with the sock on another forum...wouldn't shock me the way boot prices keep going up

The Cleats Everyone Will Wear At The World Cup Seem To ******* Suck

So our staff illustrator was perusing the sneaker blogs today when he happened upon this neon-yellow/afterbirth abomination: the Nike Magista. These bad boys were first unveiled to the world today in Barcelona, and they're ******* fugly. That's fine; shoes don't have souls and they don't have mirrors, so they're allowed to be ******* fugly. We're not even mad about that.

We're mad because this boot is the dumbest ******* boot ever made. Furthermore, this boot is an abortion of ambition. The goal forever, or for decades, anyway, was to make soccer cleats that fit your foot like a sock. Like a sock. The good folks at Nike decided "**** it and **** you," and turned the entire shoe into a sock with teeth.

There are so many questions. What happens when the shoe gets wet? Can the shoe get wet? Presumably so, but then how is it like a sock? Won't the top of the sock—the cuff, or whatever—lose its elasticity relatively soon? Will the freaky technology involved in these cause mutations? Even if the shoes do actually give you the comfort of a sock, what exactly is the sock part for? Aren't these shoes gonna smell like absolute **** after a couple uses? Won't they stain? Won't they rip easily?

Ultimately, Nike realizes these questions doesn't matter. They just dropped some new #hot****, and they're going to put said #hot**** on the feet of their athletes for no charge, and those athletes will invariably dribble and/or shoot and/or score, and people will buy the new, hot shoe-socks.

This isn't hot, though. These are shirseys, but for your feet. **** Nike, though, right? Let's just grab some Adidas cleats and—oh? What's that? Adidas has high top shoe-socks?

:lol:

Last edited:
National Kits looking REAL good on the pitch
nthat.gif

Brasil home and away is copped and probably Dutch home also...

I honestly love the look of the magista. I think all the colorways are visually appealing. But its funny that everyone is hating them when really the only thing that matters is how they perform. How are you going to hate something that for all we know forms to the foot perfectly and is extremely comfortable? Its not like a basketball shoe where you can say ehh my foot rubs and i don't like the lock down...so i will just wear them more casually then to play in.....its a cleat....it serves one purpose.

Would love to try these on and put them through a few training sessions

Magista will be a blister shoe.. Just like the flyknit free. Take that ankle sock liner off.

Magista will be a blister shoe.. Just like the flyknit free. Take that ankle sock liner off.
Not saying that wouldn't possibly be the case for you, but I've had several pairs of free flyknits to run/workout in and not once have I gotten a blister. I only used vapors before switching to hypervenoms and anytime I got a new pair of vapors I would get a little blistering at first breaking them in. The good thing about hypervenoms and most likely these is that you won't really need that break in period. I will def be getting these to tryout, hopefully they do release a ankle liner less version for those who don't like it.

Supposedly this is the US away for World Cup

The new USA 2014 World Cup Away Kit is mainly red, while the top of the shirt is blue with a white horizontal stripe on the front between the two colors red and blue. The front numbers will be placed within the white stripe. Another remarkable element of the new US Soccer World Cup Kit is the navy / white badge.

The design on the front of the shirt is continued on the sleeves, while the back of the new USA 2014 World Cup Away Jersey is plain red. The socks and the shorts of the new USA 2014 World Cup Kit will be red.

Quote:

Supposedly this is the US away for World Cup
USA away, via @joedavis4 on twitter. i think i like it? might look a lot different after seeing it with name/number
i actually like this fake one posted a couple of pages back a lot more. a LOT more... will probably still cop a bradley 4 jersey as long as it is indeed a red shirt

Back
Top Bottom